Anchored Inn Wild Salmon - W30 Compliant?

RobinCT

Hi all-

I received a gift of Blue Apron a while back. I didn't use it, but kept all the proteins for future use. I searched online, and couldn't find any information on the ingredients, nor is there a list on the package.

Does anyone know if Anchored Inn Wild Salmon is W30 compliant? It says that all their seafood is sourced sustainably , use fishing methods that are minimally invasive to natural habitats, and do not source species that are overfished.

http://www.anchoredinn.com/

Thanks!

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, RobinCT said:

Hi all-

I received a gift of Blue Apron a while back. I didn't use it, but kept all the proteins for future use. I searched online, and couldn't find any information on the ingredients, nor is there a list on the package.

Does anyone know if Anchored Inn Wild Salmon is W30 compliant? It says that all their seafood is sourced sustainably , use fishing methods that are minimally invasive to natural habitats, and do not source species that are overfished.

http://www.anchoredinn.com/

Thanks!

If there is no label on the package and you can't find anything online, you'd need to contact the company or save it for after your Whole30. If you are not able to find it online, then us googling it isn't going to be successful either.

46 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

If there is no label on the package and you can't find anything online, you'd need to contact the company or save it for after your Whole30. If you are not able to find it online, then us googling it isn't going to be successful either.

I was hoping someone else knew because they had looked into it previously. I definitely wasn't asking for anyone to do research for me. I apologize if it appeared that way.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, RobinCT said:

I was hoping someone else knew because they had looked into it previously. I definitely wasn't asking for anyone to do research for me. I apologize if it appeared that way.

The thing is, they might live in a different region than you, or they looked into it years ago and the item was fine and now it's not... manufacturers change their formulations constantly and also by region so even if someone has some info, it's not going to be as reliable as contacting the company... I should have said that in my first post :) 

2 minutes ago, slc_melissa said:

Is it just salmon? Or are there other ingredients, it's marinaded in something, packed in something, smoked, or otherwise processed somehow?  

Just salmon. No marinade, not smoked, and unseasoned. It's just salmon. The way Blue Apron works is that they send you all raw ingredients and a recipe to cook yourself. I just didn't use the recipe or anything else that came with it. I was given three days of it as a gift, but wasn't feeling the recipes, so I kept the proteins for a rainy day - before I started my round.

49 minutes ago, slc_melissa said:

If it's just salmon, there's no reason for it not to be compliant.

That's what I figured, but wanted to make sure. I'm trying to be super careful until I'm a more seasoned W30'er and have all the compliant food down! TY!

Archived