Not Hungry in the Morning

Hi, this is my first time posting. I've done whole 30 for about 45 days now and I am really struggling with morning eating. I am really really not hungry in the AM and trying to get anything down is problematic. Prior to whole30, I ate a healthy diet, but I get chronic migraines so I wanted to see if whole30 would help. The biggest change was cutting out diary completely (didn't drink milk ever but used cream sometimes and ate cheese). 

I ve read repeatedly that not being hungry in the morning is a sign that your hormones are off - can someone elaborate on that specifically? I want to get hormones in check especially because that has a huge impact on migraines. Thank you for your help! 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, ElizabethMD said:

Hi, this is my first time posting. I've done whole 30 for about 45 days now and I am really struggling with morning eating. I am really really not hungry in the AM and trying to get anything down is problematic. Prior to whole30, I ate a healthy diet, but I get chronic migraines so I wanted to see if whole30 would help. The biggest change was cutting out diary completely (didn't drink milk ever but used cream sometimes and ate cheese). 

I ve read repeatedly that not being hungry in the morning is a sign that your hormones are off - can someone elaborate on that specifically? I want to get hormones in check especially because that has a huge impact on migraines. Thank you for your help! 

The book written by the founders of Whole30 called 'It Starts With Food' is going to be the elaboration on the way your hormones interact with food and time of day etc... so I would encourage you to get that book out of the library and have a read through.

The way to resolve this (even before you know the science behind why) is to make a template meal of protein, fat and veggies, eat as much from it as you can keep down within one hour of waking and then if you can't finish, wrap it up and take it with you.  Eat from it again AS SOON as you feel able (don't wait to be hungry).  You'll notice that with time, you can eat more in the am and you may even start to have feelings of hunger.  

Archived