Cashews? (Primal Pac confusion)

ladyhoward

Okay, so I thought cashews were okay (I swear I read that in ISWF). But I just went online to order some Primal Pacs (to have on hand at work for late days when i don't plan ahead), and they say in their run-down of the Paleo lifestyle that cashews are out - why is that?

Here's what they say on their site: Do not eat peanuts (a bean) or cashews (a family of their own)

• Moderators

Cashews ARE okay according to ISWF.

When I was editing ISWF, I raised a red flag about cashews being listed as a best choice for nuts. The Whole9 nutrition seminar I had attended only listed hazelnuts and macadamias as best choices. Melissa told me they added cashews based upon more recent findings.

Not everyone in the primal/paleo world is current and, even then, not everyone agrees. Personally, I keep cashews, macadamia nuts, and brazil nuts in my pantry all the time. I eat 2 Brazil nuts per day in place of a selenium supplement.

I'm sure that Tom already knows this, but for the rest of you: don't go throwing back the brazil nuts like crazy. Even though they have a TON of selenium in them, they also have a TON of n6 omega fatty acids in them. 2/day as a supplement like Tom uses them is perfectly fine, but if you're snacking on them, it can add up quickly and potentially become a problem/limitation

thanks Renee... i didn't think about that

out of curiosity, what does omega 6 do? I was using a lot of grapeseed oil for a while and now have stopped again due to the Omega 6 thing but what is the issue with O6?

i know O3 is good... but what about 6 and 9?

Archived