Organ Meat Recipes

Life More Abundantly

I am bravely branching out--I've never prepared or eaten this before, but I know it is very healthy, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I know sourcing organ meats is important, so I'm going to place an order with US Wellness Meats. If I'm spending the money for good quality, I want to use a tried, tested, delicious recipe, so I don't waste my money on a recipe fail...any suggestions?

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to say that I am also looking for recipes. The only organ meat I have ever eaten was in liverwurst, and that was with some mustard and between two fluffy slices of potato bread.

Thanks for initiating this thread!

There is a thread called 'Liverwurst' and in it there is an amazing recipe for chopped liver (basically pate) from a member who is a chef. I made it and it is spectacular. I eat it on celery sticks. You can also put liver in burgers and meatballs.

I am cooking my bison heart today so I'll let you know how it goes.

Organ meat is awesome and I happy that more people are branching and trying it.

I did find these on US Wellness Meats' site:

Liver & Apples--Berlin Style

Beef Heart with Mushroom Stuffing (Whole30 friendly)

Beef Kidney with Onions and Squash

Two of the recipes include butter, so I'll save those for post-Whole30 and will post the results after I try them.

You can substitute ghee for butter. It's fairly easy to find in the higher end grocery stores or easy to make your own.

I have used organ meats in meatloaf (Fine Cooking has a recipe to die for meat loaf wrapped in bacon.... oi ecstasy! So yummy!) and I also use heart in chili mixed with chuck and ground beef, and I also use it in stew. I find anything that has to cook for a long time works well with heart and other tougher organ meats.

Archived