Mayo success! ..sort of...

Nicole M

Aylya, that very thing happened to me. I threw 3 batches out. I was using an immersion blender. The 4th one also broke. I threw it into my immersion blender with another egg yolk and it pulled it right together. Robin says she has saved hers by adding more oil. I bought a new Breville Immersion blender and my mayo mojo came back. I so know how frustrated you are.

I have issues with mayo if I change up my oil or don't wait long enough for things to come to room temp. I tried a couple times with coconut oil and those were my two biggest fails. If I do have a fail. I chill my mayo and then toss an egg in the blender with an acid, a dash of salt and prepped mustard. Works good! It isn't as firm as non fail mayo, but works well for dressings and the like.

I made my first attempt at mayo today, and mine also came out thin and watery. From reading here, I believe I didn't wait long enough for my eggs to reach room temp. I'll try again, but in the meantime I threw some curry powder and dill weed into the fantastic-tasting watery stuff and told my family, "Hey, look! I made you guys this great homemade salad dressing." They liked it.

Archived