Anyone want to try a Whole 100 starting 1/1?

Koneill12

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Srptskrts

Hello Ayla2010 -

The most difficult part for me was no half & half in my coffee! Initially, I didn't like the taste of using coconut milk instead but now enjoy it. I'm also drinking much more tea than I used to. I'm on Day 17 right now and planned on doing a Whole 60 as I've got a lot of abuse to make up for. I'd love to do a Whole 100 but will be visiting a friend in Seattle in February who loves IHOP and fish and chips - doubtful I'd be able to find Whole 30 compliant menu items. My objective is to minimize the damage as much as possible though. I had originally started a Whole 30 back in November but discovered some of my supplements weren't compliant and subsequently engaged in the "What-The-Hell Effect." Like Bethany I would love to tag along with this group though.

Hi all,

I'm new to Whole30 but am a long time believer in whole foods, and the low-carb/high-fat diet. I'm TOTALLY on board for a Whole100 in the New Year, though I'll start now unofficially and just eat as clean as possible over the holidays. It'd be great to have some tips, support and accountability during the challenge, especially as it's my first. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Emma

Thanks Koneill - it will be great to have a Whole100 thread as a place to touch base and keep in touch for us going for the Whole100. It will be good to have some 'whole100' friends if we need some support, encouragement, or just have some questions/want to chat. I also have a birthday in April and corresponds to around 100 days from 1 April. Looking forward to it!

Does anyone else who is doing a Whole 100 (or thereabouts) have to follow the "special populations" dietary version of the nutritional recommendations? I know for sure I should follow the AI protocol and that is actually what is making me most anxious about a "Whole" anything. Restrictive to the max! But I did, however, detox from coffee (only because I can't have the creamer when I'm "whole" -- but damn do those chemicals taste good!) so I suppose anything is possible... Btw, I'm going to start calling this "100 Days of Awesome" or "Operation Overhaul" or something fun like that :D

I was going to do a Whole60 starting 1/1 - mind if I join in? I successfully completed (2) separate Whole30s in 2012 but once I made some headway with some medical conditions outside of the Whole30, I completely fell off the wagon. All this time, eliminating foods made me feel somewhat better while I searched and searched for the silver bullet (which I found!), but once I started feeling way better, the foods I eliminated didn't seem to impact me as much. But, oh, are they still impacting me and I need a clean break. And I need to drop the (at least) 10 pounds I put on in the past 3 months as a result!

Does anyone else who is doing a Whole 100 (or thereabouts) have to follow the "special populations" dietary version of the nutritional recommendations? I know for sure I should follow the AI protocol and that is actually what is making me most anxious about a "Whole" anything. Restrictive to the max!

I fall into the special populations version, though I don't follow the AI to a T. Food allergy testing a few years ago revealed a few oddballs, such as eggs and citrus, and I did both Whole30s without them. Yup, Whole30 without eggs - gasp! The AI protocol is do-able! I might try eggs again this time around and see if they affect me as much, but I know citrus is still out.

This is an amazing idea. I need this kind of time so badly in order to really establish some good habits and see serious results. It'll be really fun to have support during the dark, cold months, too. Count me in like Flynn! :D

I wanna join too.... I started a few days ago, will finish 100 days end March... I believe someone said thats about Easter.

Re suggestions for keeping in touch (I'm pretty new to the forum so there's probably a better way)... if someone creates a topic say "Join us for the first 2013 Whole100" then those that are in can post of course and click on the "follow this topic" button to stay in the loop??? We could add an intro about ourselves in our first post....

Just a note here that if my calendar-counting is correct, start and end dates for this Whole100 will be:

January 1 - March 31

Or for those of us starting January 2:

January 2 - April 1

I think it's kind of funny to finish out on April Fool's Day. :lol:

I'm in the January 2 start date camp, and hadn't realized the 100 days would end before April 10, the Aries New Moon (yes, I'm tying my Whole100 to astrology, dahlinks). I may consider going through that new moon. However, I'm committed to January 2-April 1 for certain.

I would love to join and do a Whole 86 as I will be leaving for vacation right after that :) I attempted a Whole 30 in July and made it to Day 23. I tried again and succesfully completed my first Whole 30 in October. I maintained a strict Paleo Diet after that until December 6th. I had wonderful results and felt fantastic. Unfortunately my diet has been a free for all since then and I feel TERRIBLE!! I am excited to commit to longer than 30 days and would love a support group!!

Eek. This is kind of scary for me to commit to.

I am just getting ready to start my first whole30 on the first. Dare I go ahead and commit to a whole100?

The timing is perfect though. My 30th birthday is mid April and I am willing to do whatever it takes to finally be rid of the extra weight and be healthier and more energetic by then.

Count me I but I am going to need a lot of support! I suffer from major lack of willpower!

Eek. This is kind of scary for me to commit to.

I am just getting ready to start my first whole30 on the first. Dare I go ahead and commit to a whole100?

The timing is perfect though. My 30th birthday is mid April and I am willing to do whatever it takes to finally be rid of the extra weight and be healthier and more energetic by then.

Count me I but I am going to need a lot of support! I suffer from major lack of willpower!

I don't know that I would suggest a W100 right out of the gate. I don't know your story but I suggest you commit to 30 days and take it one chunk at a time. This will be my 4th or 5th W whatever and I am 90 percent on plan in between. For me, the food part is second nature. I focus more on lifestyle improvements which are more of a challenge for me.

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in posting this topic a week early to share how they are preparing and planning. I am a Horrible planner and it is typical for me to fly by the seat of my pants. This equals failure I know! I will plan to buy the ISWF book, I have the daily emails printed out from a previous time. I do have some new recipes and veggies I am getting used to. Most everything I have learned has been from reading posts on FB or here and thought it would be helpful to apply it to this group:)! Watcha think??

I don't know that I would suggest a W100 right out of the gate. I don't know your story but I suggest you commit to 30 days and take it one chunk at a time. This will be my 4th or 5th W whatever and I am 90 percent on plan in between. For me, the food part is second nature. I focus more on lifestyle improvements which are more of a challenge for me.

That is the plan Slw600. I'm hoping after day 30 I can continue with another 30 days and another. I had pretty good success sticking to a fairly restrictive diet for almost two years in regards to what I would and wouldn't allow myself to have. Never felt better during that time. Then I decided to take a break. Big mistake. I didn't even miss the foods I had cut out so no idea what made me switch back.

So, my wife and I basically went hog wild off the paleo during Christmas meals (this was a known decision, and a bit of an experiment, not a mindless binge). Cookies, breads, cheeses, beer/wine etc. The result? Sour tummies, and low energy. And we've lost some "glow". So we are going to run Whole 90 to Easter. Anyone care to join us? By then, I'll know how to make a paleo pie. Count on it. I'll share the receipe when I figure it out. I'm guessing it will have apples in it. Just letting you know now.

Archived