Re-introduction

melbournegirl

SUGAR

So, interestingly, today is day 41 and I haven't felt the need to rush out and introduce much. It took me a few days to recover from the day36 work dinner ( glass of red wine and probably a bit of soy and nasty oils plus probably some garlic which I react to). I have had some packaged sweet potato chips and kale chips. And a bit extra fruit. Otherwise meals are mainly the same. I want to try chocolate but it feels a dangerous time of year to do that!

Anyway Yesterday I decided to cook coconut muffins, the recipe called for some sugar quarter cup for four muffins. I used pure rapidura and had two muffins. Seemed to go okay, didnt trigger cravings, felt a little flat BUT this morning during a class my old neck/shoulder injury inflamed and I havent had any inflammation in the last 40 days and I have done the same class today and run yesterday as the last four weeks so I am blaming the sugar! Also had lots of weird dreams.

That's interesting. In the month between my two Whole30s I noticed an increase in inflammation too. The funny thing was, the first time I started the Whole30, the inflammation that I thought was just a fact of life disappeared in 24 hours. The second time, it took almost a week for my ankles to stop swelling.

So amazing how the body heals and becomes so sensitive to things we didn't notice before.

COCOA

Had a cup of cocoa this morning... It's my usual 2 teaspoons of organic raw cocoa with hot water plus a splash of coconut milk that I haven't had for almost two months. Going okay but right on schedule I got the jittery feeling I seem to get two hours after having coffee or tea.... I assume it's from the caffeine.....

Good one for listening to yourself Juzbo!

Great work. How have you been going with the Whole7?

My Xmas was so hard - impossible, even. I was at my sister's and she had planned a Thai feast. You know what that means, every dish was loaded up with sugar. I tried to explain that I couldn't have suger but they did not get it, so in the end I just ate it and didn't make a fuss, and tried not to let it get to me.

Anyway hopefully yours went a little more easily!

Archived