detox response or something amis

boomllama

I am 21 days in and my acne has gotten worse than its ever been around my chin and jaw. its as if every pore is inflamed and red and hundreds of whiteheads. I am wondering if this could be my body getting used to the change in diet and the hormones readjusting or is my body telling me the higher levels of protien b12 and fat are throwing it more off balance? I started whole 30 to clear my skin so this is really discouraging i will wait it out and potentially go into whole60 but wondering how to tell if its detox flareup or sensitivity and not working before i wreck my skin

been eating mostly sweet potatos, kale, romaine, olives, califlower,chicken,tuna,eggs,coconut, ghee  

• Moderators

Whether or not your body is reacting to higher levels of B12/fat is a fairly specific medical question that we are not equipped to answer here.  21 days in is a bit long to be having a detox reaction so I'd wonder if there's anything you're eating a lot more of in the last 21 days than usual.  You also mention a 'flare up'... does this mean you have a medical condition that could be the cause of this?

• 1 month later...

I too have noticed increased break-outs around the chin & jaw line. I'm on day 9 but started noticing it a couple of days ago. Though I had horrible acne as a teen and into my 20's it hasn't been a significant issue in my life for a long time. I shouldn't have teenage acne issues at age 47! Any clues at all to what this could be about?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Haflagirl said:

I too have noticed increased break-outs around the chin & jaw line. I'm on day 9 but started noticing it a couple of days ago. Though I had horrible acne as a teen and into my 20's it hasn't been a significant issue in my life for a long time. I shouldn't have teenage acne issues at age 47! Any clues at all to what this could be about?

Hormones for sure... it happens... google 'whole30 skin breakout' or similar search terms for tons of threads and posts on the issue.

Archived