Is it just me?

Ayla2010

Is it just me who cannot seem to get these right?

Every time I make them, they seem to fall apart while baking in the oven.

I emailed Mel and she suggested putting them in the fridge for a while before cooking. I have not yet tried this, but just wondering how everyone else goes with making these.

I love the taste, I just wish I could get them to stay together LOL

Oh I love those! I haven't had any trouble keeping them together, but I've noticed in most meatball recipes that it helps to keep everything really really finely chopped. If everything is chopped and you still have trouble, you could always add an egg to help bind.

• 1 month later...

I just made these -- they didn't fall apart, but they sort of flattened out in the pan...

d07905b46a8f11e29d4222000a9e0706_6.jpg

Kinda hard to tell from the photo, but they didn't stay cute and round like they started. I'm thinking I didn't drain the pineapple well enough. Or maybe an additional egg would have helped.

One of my favorite recipes!

Was your meat a little watery? Sometimes when I thaw out ground meat I let it sit in a colander for a few minutes to get rid of excess moisture. Also, make sure the pineapple is well drained and pressed. Emily made a good point also, if you don't chop things up fine enough they won't hold together as well.

Hope you are having more luck now :D

Funny you say cat poop because as I was eating them, I thought they were similar in texture to canned cat food. My son and I each ate one, and I chucked the rest if the tray. It might be I didn't drain the pineapple enough (I used fresh), and maybe the pork was too wet, but I'm not going to try again. Blechk.

Funny you say cat poop because as I was eating them, I thought they were similar in texture to canned cat food. My son and I each ate one, and I chucked the rest if the tray. It might be I didn't drain the pineapple enough (I used fresh), and maybe the pork was too wet, but I'm not going to try again. Blechk.

Have you eaten canned cat food Ann? :D

Archived