Peanut Goes Paleo

ladyhoward

Just checking in to finish up my Whole30 log. It hasn't been an official 30 days yet, but I've lost the drive (actually more like lost the desire) to keep posting on the log, so I'll retire it for now. I had decided when I started this last Whole30 to weigh and measure myself at the beginning of each month to check in and see where I was in my weight loss goals. So, I did that last week and was pretty pleased with the results. Down 3 pounds so far (could've been more, but I was okay with that since I went off-plan a couple of times and also worked out more this time around so probably gained some muscle). Lost 8 inches overall!! Was very excited about that, again, considering that I wasn't as careful this time around. I know I can do better, but I also know that my focus is off on this Whole30. At first I was frustrated because I thought I was failing somehow, just not as committed as I should be, but after some introspection, I think it's more because I want to take my training wheels off and ride my own bike and I wasn't giving myself permission to do that before. After reading the day 30/31 Whole30 daily emails, I am encouraged to do just that - take off the training wheels and ride off on the rest of my life. When I get off-track, and I know I will at some point, I can put them back on for a while until I get stable again, and then take them off when I'm back to where I want to be. And it's up to me to decide how long those training wheels will be on - maybe a week, maybe two, maybe a month again. I am so thankful for those entries that reminded me the Whole30 is not intended to be a Whole365 - I can have control without using the Whole30 as a crutch. So, now I get the pleasure of making good choices one meal at a time, and I don't need to worry if I have an off-plan meal now and then- I can go right back to eating healthy and continue on my way. I know the foods that bother me, and the ones that don't (and the foods that I don't miss anyway). So, armed with that knowledge, I'm off and running! I feel strong, and ready, and so thankful to all of you who have cheered me on along with way :).

Archived