• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just stress how ready I am for the holidays to be over! I am not at all scrooge-y, I actually love them but I miss my routine and the added sugar is really dragging me down. I haven't eaten near as much as previous years but have a much lower tolerance now. :( Good news is that even though I FEEL like crap physically, mentally I feel pretty good. My off plan deviations have been worth it to me and only happen this time of year but I am ready for the parties and get togethers to be over for a while.

I'm with ya. I've had some really enjoyable moments and even a couple of whole meals that were nothing if non-compliant, and since my body now has the support to handle it, I feel better than I used to, and at the same time more sensitive to the foods I eat - and my taste buds have changed. The amount of sugar in everything processed is shocking to me now - it's like I can't taste the food for the sugar. Looking forward to trying new things in the new year!

I'm with ya. I've had some really enjoyable moments and even a couple of whole meals that were nothing if non-compliant, and since my body now has the support to handle it, I feel better than I used to, and at the same time more sensitive to the foods I eat - and my taste buds have changed. The amount of sugar in everything processed is shocking to me now - it's like I can't taste the food for the sugar. Looking forward to trying new things in the new year!

Amy, Rebecca - very happy to see you doing the next round straight away - I'm in and this time I will add what I learned (meal plans and good choices ALWAYS at hand).

All the others - pleased to meet you and keep up the good spirits! Although I lasted only half way through my first attempt I still completely changed my diet and felt a lot of improvements. Looking forward to complying completely this time and feeling the full benefits.

All the best for your 2013!

Fuck it, I'm starting again this afternoon. I've been doing some off-roading and I keep thinking I should be liking it, but it sucks. I won't be official, I guess, until Jan. 2 since that's my start date for the 100 days, but I can't wait. My joints hurt, my brain hurts, my emotions are all over the place - this ends now.

Back to real food. Phew. (Also, I thought about that Jan. 1 potluck I'm going to and I realized I always hate the food they have!!! So I'm doing to bring chocolate chili and Aidell's chicken apple sausage and some veggies or fruit, and then I'll actually have something I can eat that I'll like. Doh.)

Hi there! I am feeling encouraged after seeing how many of you are doing this for the second time! Like someone else mentioned, I am nervous about dipping my toe in the water and although I have been somewhat paleo for several months, I can't imagine life without butter, cream, cheese or yogurt! Has anyone used the support program? Looking forward to following everyone's success. Gina

I am in.....starting on Jan 1st. Just finished reading the book, and have already begun throwing out all the crap and making my meal plans. Really looking forward to experiencing this with everyone!!!!

I just threw out a bunch of crap that I realized I had stored in the freezer at the end of September (beginning of my first Whole30) thinking I'd get back to it. Nope. Out it goes. That freezer is nearly empty!!!! I didn't realize I had it full of junk!!!

I am in for January 2nd and really excited to try my first Whole30! I ordered the book and have been stocking up my Pinterest boards with recipes.

I have been eating Paleo for the past 6 weeks and cannot believe the change physically and mentally. It began with trying to clean up my 7-year old daughter's diet because her mood and concentration are wildly affected by processed foods. I joined in for moral support and benefited like you wouldn't believe. Gone is the constant feeling of being bloated and insatiably hungry. Can't wait to try this next step!

Hi everyone! I'm new to Whole30... and new to paleo but I'm excited and committed!

My brother (secretly) did this a little while ago and said it is amazing. I've been eating gluten-free since September and I eat minimal dairy. I tell myself that I eat fairly healthily but I think that I cheat more than I'll admit to myself!! I'm going to create a blog to keep myself accountable and would love to connect with a few people here to help each other out... Anyone located near Seattle or want to be online Whole 30 buddies to help with accountability and recipes etc.? :)

--Heather

I'm in! Starting on January 3rd!

My husband is on board (mostly) and our 4 year old will be slowly joining us. I've read the book, signed up for the daily e-mails, made my menu for the 1st week, ordered Ghee and Coconut Aminos, did some shopping at TJ's and made an order with US Wellness for some protein. I have one more shopping trip that I'll need to make and I'll be cleaning out our pantry/fridge on January 2nd when we return home from visiting family.

I'm nervous about the "withdrawl" symptoms;) I did a low carb South Beach thing years ago and the muscle soreness wasn't pleasant, however, it's ONLY 30 days! I keep repeating that to myself over and over again! And compared to what other people go through in life this is a piece of cake. I would like to make this lifestyle a permanent change with a potential reintroduction of dairy.

Here's to a fantastic 2013!

I'm starting January 2nd. Can't wait. I've gone way off-roading during the holidays. Part of it was because I was really sick with gallbladder problems and often did the easy thing and made mac and cheese for my family rather than making something healthy. I had gallbladder surgery on Thursday and already feel much better. I have been eating paleo for nearly a year and this is my second Whole 30.

I am in on the 2nd! This will be my second *attempt* at a Whole30. I fell off the wagon on day 21 last time. I am ready to crawl out of my ditch and commit for a Whole30, 45 or 60 (haven't decided yet). I picked up our grass-fed quarter cow on 12/21 and have purchased Well Fed and a few other cookbooks that will be helpful. Have been pinning away for weeks now with recipe ideas. I cannot wait! I feel so heavy and weighted down by my habits. I am ready for a fresh start! Looking forward to the journey!!

Erin

I am very new to paleo (only discovered it last week - clearly I live under a rock or something but better late than never!!) and in my online research (while I wait for my book to arrive) I found Whole30 :)

I am super excited and can't wait to start on 2nd January ... losing weight and feeling better in my own skin is my motivation!

@Praxisproject - another Aussie here!! Western Australia :D

Starting my first on the 2nd. Hubs is the one who got me into Paleo a year ago so I know he's in. I'm definately going for more of a full on life style change, rather than a month long diet... Very excited to see the changes happens... to feel the changes. I am also starting a Level 1 30-day crossfit training challenge on Jan 2. (cleaneatsinthezoo.com = Thank You!) Now, back to reading my ISWF.

Archived