Day 1 here! Everyday Paleo Family slow cooker chicken curry going. I made a tuna salad for lunch and it was yummy. I told my husband that I LOVE eating paleo so much better than the SAD that I've been eating the past couple of weeks. I already feel better. I have had two bananas today which is probably a little much, but progress not perfection, right?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all - I'm in for starting tomorrow! I have been gluten-free for about 5 years and loose paleo for about a year. I have really done myself in over the past two months - too much sugar and alcohol for sure. I have never been as strict paleo as Whole30 requires, so I'm hoping I make it past the first week! I figure if I make it past happy hour on Friday...

My goals for the next 30 days are to feel more energy and hopefully get my skin to clear up, as I am having major sugar breakouts right now. I cut out coffee today, as I really don't like it without sugar (although I may experiment with this after I get settled). Should be a few interesting days at work to say the least.

New here - I did a paleo challenge through my CF gym 11 months ago and made it to day 23... I will make it to day 30 this go-round. Tired of feeling like crap! I start tomorrow, 1/2. I'm in Texas near Dallas...

Hi all, and happy new year! I am starting tomorrow 1/2/13 for my 2nd try at a Whole 30. I did it in summer 2012 and loved it. I've been mostly paleo for over year, and had maintained a good weight really well that way. The last month I went back to old ways of eating and put the pounds on immediately. Ugh. Excited to getting back to feeling strong and healthy and energetic.

Hi All,

Happy New Year. Tomorrow will be my first day on the Whole 30 program. I had thought about doing paleo before but always hesitated due to having to give up cream in my coffee. I like a little coffee with my cream. However, over the last two months, I learned to drink my coffee black and enjoy it. Drinking coffee black cut my consumption by 80% - therefore, I am now feeling that I will be able to do this program. So the pantries have been cleaned out, the grocery shopping done, and lunches made for the rest of the week. So I am feeling prepared. I am so looking forward to doing this and having others to share the experience.

Can't wait!! My coworker and I ended our first Whole 30 Thursday last week. I felt amazing. We added back some things over the weekend to see if we "missed" it, and we didn't for sure BUT it's very easy to spiral out of control again. Just in these four days of old habits, my sleep is horrible, energy is nonexistent, and I feel blah all over.

We are starting the next Whole 30 tomorrow. We put together a signed agreement with a "reward" of a spa day at the end of a successful run. We added exercise requirement of 3 sessions per week.

To those of you returning...welcome back, and woo hoo! To all of the newbies, you're in for a great ride. Just wait and let the magic happen.

I am so glad I decided to start early. The intense mood shifts have gotten more manageable, even though my life contains a fair amount of stress. I'm finally feeling able, again, to see what's behind it all. And I'm feeling hopeful that this Whole100+ (for me, since I started a day or so early) will help me solidify some psychological gains I made and then later rejected as unrealistic. I wanna be unrealistic again. While eating wilted greens, beef stew, and chocolate chili.

I'm starting Jan. 2 also. This is my first Whole 30, although I have eaten Primal for over a year until stress and a four-week flu got the better of me and I started eating unhealthy foods again. I've been gorging on yucky foods for a month and really need this kick start to get back on track again. The really big change that has me nervous is the "no dairy" rule. I've rarely gone a meal without dairy, let alone 30 days. It's going to take a lot of determination and support!

My husband and I start tomorrow! I am so excited to be and feel healthier. Looking back on my eating habits since childhood, I am horrified at the amount of sugar and processed food I have consumed. My goal is 1) to make it the 30 days and 2) increase my energy. Loosing 5-10 pounds and better fitting pants would be good too! We are pretty new to paleo, only incorporating it into our diet loosely in the last 4 months. Glad to be here!

First W30, starting today! Never been into Paleo, let alone a complete program like Whole 30, but there is no time like the present to start eating better and thinking about food in a different way. After a weekend in Copenhagen with a stocked hotel breakfast, I'm just about to start the day (and month) with my first ever "non-breakfast food" breakfast, seeing as I've basically eaten crisp bread and cheese or yoghurt for breakfast for the last 10 years or so. Will miss the cheese like crazy. Expecting it to be my possibly largest hurdle to overcome during this month, alongside cookies - been a cookie monster my whole life. Well, being a restricted omnivore (I only eat free-range eggs, sustainably fished fish, wild meat shot in the region and the odd organic lamb - no "farmed" meats, no beef and chicken would be about the last thing I would ever eat even if you paid me...) might probably prove quite tricky as well.

Unfortunately my partner is a pasta-loving, candy-eating, high-metabolism kind of a guy and has made it clear that although he'll eat what I cook (as always), he won't be ditching his own snacking. Better keep those chips and candy out of my sight, cause I've cleared out our pantry and put all of the non-compliant stuff on the top shelf (at least he'll have to reach for his spaghetti) and I'm ready to go! Glad to be part of the forum, think I'll be spending a lot of nights here to get my mindset right, share insights or make use of the great resource that is fellow whole 30'ers!

Morning all!

Happy day 1!!!

My eats for today:

M1:cup + shredded cabbage and one shallot cooked in little under 1 tbsp bacon fat, 3 backyard eggs, 2 cups decaf, 4 oz coconut milk

M2:8 oz vegetable chicken soup (homemade) couple handfuls coconut flakes, 1 navel orange

M3:homemade chicken stock, 1/2 chicken breast, bowl of salad (romaine, tomato, cucumber) oil/vinegar

I think I covered all of my bases.

I do have a question though and I was hoping for another opinion.

In the ISWF book it mentions eating fruit everyday being ok, but on the pdf printout for meal building from the website, it says occasional fruit. am i safe to eat an orange a day, or is this really dependent on the individual?

Go get em!

Marie

So the first day is soon over. It has been ok so far. Was making ratatouille and discovered that the canned tomatos I allways use actually have sugar in them (and they're even organic...)

I have also given up caffeine, and that is really challenging. The yawns have been plenty :o

Good luck everybody!

Hello, Happy New Year, Good Morning, and Welcome to the Whole 30...January 2-January 31st, 2013!

I started this thread for accountablity, motivation, and support (and a little tough love when needed!)

What does everyone think about a Facebook group for all of us? I will start one if everyone is in...or if it is the general consensus. I'll still post; and keep up with this thread; but a Facebook group might be fun for all!

I created a group for us; and those who want to join are welcome. I'll post in here as well...'cause I realize not everyone will use Facebook. :)

The group is "Whole 30 2013 - Eat Real Food".

Please ask to join; and I'll add you!

In the ISWF book it mentions eating fruit everyday being ok, but on the pdf printout for meal building from the website, it says occasional fruit. am i safe to eat an orange a day, or is this really dependent on the individual?

Hi Marie - Just my two cents, but I think fruit is okay everyday as long as you are not eating it to feed the sugar dragon. Yesterday was day 1 for me and I had a lot of fruit. I know that I was feeding the sugar dragon after all of those holiday treats. But I also knew that through my first W30 It took me some time to cut down on the fruit. This is a learning experience and takes time. Good luck!

I don't do much on Facebook and this is really too big of a group for me to keep up with. So the Facebook group isn't something I'd participate in, Heathera.

Personally I'd prefer a small group of about five people to follow each other. The only way I see is to scroll through the log section and decide on four others to keep up with. Any alumni have other suggestions? I just wanting encouragement and group energy without spending half an hour a day reading twenty or thirty people's posts! :unsure:

Terez

Archived