Me,too! Started today. Excited to make these postive changes and see if it makes a difference in my total well-being. My husband will likely never do it and my kids won't want to but if it works for me, then I hope to introduce paleo to my kids by removing wheat and dairy... and of course sugar, all gradually of course.

I hope I can get enough calories on this diet. Many foods I have to learn to like but we'll see how it goes. I'm giving it a fair shake! Today was ok but I really wanted a cold glass of milk!

Good luck to all and I look forward to sharing the next 30 days with everyone!

Rhonda in Maryland

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! This is also my first day, and other than cravings and a headache, it's been a pretty good day! My biggest problem is that I don't like coconut, AT ALL, and I feel like I'm missing out! Plus, there's no other creamer subsitute for my coffee, so I'm also giving up coffee these 30 days. :(

Hubby has decided to join me, so I'm really glad that I came here and found out about the Whole 30 pinterest boards! Days 2-30, here I come!

Day 1 down today. Not new to Paleo but have been in a downward spiral since Halloween candy LOL Gained more than a couple pounds since then so need to get straight and 100% clean. Had venison steak for dinner courtesy of my DH's uncle!

My DH knows Paleo is a great way to eat but thinks it will be too hard to do all the prep and cooking and that the kids won't eat anything (which isn't true - they will eat a lot of Paleo things - breakfast is the biggest challenge). He likes to reward/treat the kids a lot with junk food which I hope to put a stop to. I need to get through this Whole30 on my own with non-Paleo food in my house first, then tackle the kids once and for all. I've improved their diet quit a bit but it's still not the greatest.

Today is Day 2 for me. I've been super tired and headachey today. I guess my New Years Eve carb-fest is catching up with me. I'm doing pretty well otherwise though. Thank God for clementines and sweet potato. Also, today I made homemade mayo and homemade cesar dressing. The cesar turned out pretty good. I did miss the parmesan and croutons, but that is okay. :-)

I am new to the program and have decided to just jump in. We (my husband, my teenage daughter and I) started on January 1st. I am really excited about feeling the difference in my life. As a mother to 6 children, ranged from 16 years to 10 months old, I have very little time to exercise and so much to do during the day. I have found it almost impossible to shift the 'baby fat' and circumstances have been such that I cannot get enough exercise... it's a vicious circle really, and I am hoping to break it with Whole30.

Hi again everyone,

Congrats on getting through today :)

I wanted to share my blog-y thing following my progress and maybe some recipes if I come up with anything delicious! Let me know if you're blogging somewhere!!! (I am new to tumblr and have no idea how it works, but I hope to get the hang of it soon!)

http://omnicientowlet.tumblr.com/

Happy whole fooding!!!

I'm going to start mine on the 3rd, but I'm totally into doing another Whole 30!

I'm in. : )

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking January 1, but I'll take Jan. 2.

Look fwd to getting it done all the way through 30 days this time.

Marie in Vermont

Ooooh I'm in too...... I'm looking forward to it already!!!!

:D :D :D

Hope you are all still with us! If you would like to join the group on FB ...the group is: "Whole 30 2013 - Eat Real Food"

or try this address...

https://www.facebook...00045740080689/

I am at the end of day 2. So far so good...lets see what tomorrow brings.

I can't find the Facebook group mentioned previously though?

This is kinda my first attempt at creating a group...but I'm pretty sure you can just search the name using the FB search tool.

"Whole 30 2013 - Eat Real Food"https://www.facebook...00045740080689/

-or- friend me; and search the group name again...http://facebook.com/heatherannevaughn

maybe someone more with more knowledge about this can help?

Another great day yesterday. Today is my day 17.

I am still amazed at how I can hold off from needing an afternoon 'get me through till dinner' feeding. No doubt I am eating many fewer calories each day-- but not craving. Coconut curry chicken and green beans tonight.

I'M IN ...a little nervous though. Unhealthy vegetarian going Paleo... My husband and I decided a month ago that we would start on Jan. 2 so I started sloooowly adding animal protein to my diet right then and there. No gastro-intestinal adventures yet! The mental part might be hard to deal with but knowing that I am improving my health and well-being will hopefully get me through. I spent the whole day cooking and stocking the freezer and fridge. Great Day 1 so far!

So glad to have the support of everyone! Go us!

Have you read It Starts With Food? There is a ton of information in there about grass fed & organic meat; and the difference in practices & farming...maybe that will help?

I'd like to join in this too :) This will be my 2nd, and the best news is my husband has agreed to join me this time. Here's to a great start to 2013!

I'm in too! This will be my second Whole30 and I'm really excited to get started!

Rebecca-- great Pinterest board! You can follow mine at Michelle Lobovits. Starting W60 January 1. Looking forward to the journey with everyone.

Hope you are still with us!

I (for one) have some difficulty keeping everyone straight with the thread in here...and though I post; and read through most every day...I also created a Facebook group for those who want more. If you would like to join the group on FB ...the group is: "Whole 30 2013 - Eat Real Food"

or try this address...

https://www.facebook...00045740080689/

:)

Greetings all,

I started yesterday. All is well so far. Two concerns: being hungry all the time (which started last night) and making enough food/not having snacks to take with me on a 12hr shift at work.

This is my first one. I think I eat pretty healthy (keyword think) but I've stayed at about the same weight since high school (I'm 27) no matter what I do. I do Crossfit at a local affiliate and I run/bike/swim regularly (half marathon in march, triathlon in the summer time). I am hoping this will be the kicker to jumpstart a "new me." I eat a lot of legumes and cheese, drink a ton of coffee so it will be a bit of a change.

My husband won't do it with me (bread loving skinny boy), but he is being supportive. We'll see how it goes!

Day two! So Day one went pretty well, although my boyfriend bought a giant pack of oreos which was very tempting. ( obviously, he is NOT doing the Whole30). I have had al ittle headache, but I think that is because i am drinking tea instead of coffee (can't drink coffee black, no dairy!) I am realizing I need to focus on two things. 1) drink more water! I saw that for a lot of people with heartburn, drinking more water helps more. 2) need to eat more veggies. I eat some veggies with every meal, but looking at the template in ISWF, it's def not enough.

How closely are people following the meal templates? I haven't had enough fat in some of my meals, and bigger servings of protein. Any thoughts on using the templates?

Meal one: eggs and cabbage

Meal two: pulled pork, lettuce, salsa,

Meal three: ground beef, spinach, onion, eggs, a little salsa,

How do you start a log on this website?

Good luck everyone!

Hello, all!! Happy Day 2!!

Must tell you that I feel so much better being back on Whole30. I bought the Kindle version of ISWF and am reading it to get a better perspective.

I CANNOT stress enough how great the Nom Nom Paleo iPad App/Blog (W30 approved) is with recipes. I made her Spicy Tuna cakes, and they make a great breakfast or even quick lunch to pack for work.

Greetings all, I started yesterday. All is well so far. Two concerns: being hungry all the time (which started last night) and making enough food/not having snacks to take with me on a 12hr shift at work. This is my first one. I think I eat pretty healthy (keyword think) but I've stayed at about the same weight since high school (I'm 27) no matter what I do. I do Crossfit at a local affiliate and I run/bike/swim regularly (half marathon in march, triathlon in the summer time). I am hoping this will be the kicker to jumpstart a "new me." I eat a lot of legumes and cheese, drink a ton of coffee so it will be a bit of a change. My husband won't do it with me (bread loving skinny boy), but he is being supportive. We'll see how it goes!

Add a 1/2 avocado or other fat to your meals. It will help greatly with satiety. I'll have 2 egg yolks, roasted sweet potato and a 1/2 avocado for breakfast at 5:30 am, and I'll be right as rain until noon or later.

Hi all,

This is my Day 2 - Day 1 went really well. M1: 3-egg omelette w/onion, chard & mushrooms. M2: Meatloaf w/salad. M3: Stew - grass fed meat/parsnips/carrots/mushrooms/tomatoes & cauliflower. Was able to make it through without my glass of wine (yeah). Surprised at how easy it was getting from breakfast to lunch without feeling hungry at all. My challenge comes right before dinner as I'm preparing - I like to nibble. I do so with a few baby carrots - hope that's ok. It's mid-morning for me and feeling strong til lunch.

Stay strong everyone!

Debbie

Archived