• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking January 1, but I'll take Jan. 2.

Look fwd to getting it done all the way through 30 days this time.

Marie in Vermont

You can always start on the first or the second...whatever works for you Marie in Vermont!

Welcome to you...you can do it!

I'm in on the 2nd! My wife and I are 1st timers and REALLY looking forward to it.

It's so awesome that you guys are doing this together...make sure that if one of you is trying to cave...that the other agrees ahead of time; NOT to co-sign that! This one thing has been an excellent key for me... :)

I hope I didn't miss anyone...if I did; then please keep posting; and I'll respond.

In preparation...do whatever you can do THIS week; to get ready.

• Make menus (if you are that kind of person)
  • Grocery Shop
  • Read the basics
  • Order ISWF (It Starts With Food) if you don't already own it...and start reading
  • Do NOT fly by the seat of your pants...if you do...then you may cave early on...get plenty of fruits and veggies and meats for your first week...I started my first week and 1/2 by eating more than the suggested 1 piece of fruit per day...just to help me through the sugar cravings...this kept me from caving...but do what works for you
  • Above all ... keep it simple

My husband and I will be doing our first whole 30 this January as well. I'm looking forward to seeing this through; and I'm very curious about what I'll learn and how my life with change in the next 30 days. But the best part with be doing this with my husband- Its sure to get rocky but doing this together will mean so much more to us in the end!

Bought ISWF and read it twice. Bought Well Fed and made the chocolate chili last night. (WOW!) Tried making homemade mayo, and it bombed, but I turned it into a really nice salad dressing. Tried kombucha and LOVED IT! Discovered I really, really like sweet potatoes in all KINDS of things. Placed my first order for grass-fed beef and other "delicious medicine" from Tendergrass Farms. Have eliminated all obvious no-no's from my diet the past week or so -- the only ones that scare me are the hidden kind, where you never think to look. And I keep returning to these forums for more and more information and inspiration....

Okay. I have DECIDED that this is how I want to live. But some nice results from my first W30 would really clinch it... ;) LET"S GO!

In preparation...do whatever you can do THIS week; to get ready.

• Make menus (if you are that kind of person)
  • Grocery Shop
  • Read the basics
  • Order ISWF (It Starts With Food) if you don't already own it...and start reading
  • Do NOT fly by the seat of your pants...if you do...then you may cave early on...get plenty of fruits and veggies and meats for your first week...I started my first week and 1/2 by eating more than the suggested 1 piece of fruit per day...just to help me through the sugar cravings...this kept me from caving...but do what works for you
  • Above all ... keep it simple

I'm in for starting on the 2nd! I've been getting my family used to the idea for the past week, and tomorrow I am off to Whole Foods to read labels on everything I'm not familiar with, stock up on pantry items, and start making plans for what I'll be cooking over the weekend. :) Cheers!

Yay! I'm glad there are plenty of other people starting on January 2. My friend and I joked that January 1st "is for hangover food" but to be honest I doubt I'll be hungover or gorging myself with greasy food. This will be our second round of Whole30 (possibly longer!) and I think we both feel good about it because we will be well prepared for it. The first time we totally did it on a while and started the next day.

I'm trying to cook w30 recipes this week just to get back into the hang of things.

My husband and I are starting on the 2nd too!! This is my second time around (the first being last september) and my husband was soooo wonderfully supportive during it and now he wants to join me! He's somewhat used to the meals since I pretty much cook all dinners on plan anyway. I'm really excited to see how it will effect him. I feel some positive changes in our life ahead!! WOO!

Count me in! Finished my first whole30 at the beginning of December. After a trip to Disneyworld and all the holiday chaos, I am greatly looking forward to getting back on track! In fact, I plan to do my Sunday cook-up to get back into my routine so I'll probably be officially compliant again starting Monday!

It's funny; the first time around I was anxious about putting my toe in the water. Second time around I can't wait to dive in!

I am devouring the book this weekend. I have been controlled by food for too long and sugar especially. Sounds silly, but I've been on Sugar for 2 days and am very proud of myself. Sometimes people who aren't hooked don't understand, but I know I'm not alone.

Excited to start next week! :) I will really need the support !

I'm starting on the 2nd too.

I did a complete whole 30 last year in January and have eaten mostly paleo since with a few "whole14's" tossed in here and there throughout the year. I've already warned my family that I will be a little more picky about what we eat this month. Not that big of a deal though and my husband will help to keep me on track even if he isn't doing it with me.

I would like to lose a little weight (or at least shift my body composition and drop a size) but overall this is much more about being healthy.

Can I just stress how ready I am for the holidays to be over! I am not at all scrooge-y, I actually love them but I miss my routine and the added sugar is really dragging me down. I haven't eaten near as much as previous years but have a much lower tolerance now. :( Good news is that even though I FEEL like crap physically, mentally I feel pretty good. My off plan deviations have been worth it to me and only happen this time of year but I am ready for the parties and get togethers to be over for a while.

YES! I cannot wait until the new year to reset my mind and body! This will be my second whole30 and I'm really looking forward to it. After the stressful holiday season I'm going to enjoy focusing on being healthier and starting my year off right.

Sugar and grains are going to be the hardest for me being 1st: I'm Filipino, 2nd: I work in a bakery and 3rd: I'll be the only one in my household following the plan.

Hoping to make great connections and get support from all the fellow whole30'ers out there! =)

Follow me on my blog starting 1.2.13 to see my progress!

http://lanipalani.tumblr.com/

Archived