On Day 15 of my first Whole30

nonnawickwire

Hello all! My name is Carol and I am doing the Whole30 for the first time. I am on day 15. I have been very strictly following this with the exception last night of a martini (which I folded and drank after pressure from my husband to join him). I had a rough first few days, mostly cranky, tired. A little headachy. After that I have felt GREAT! So on Day 14, I broke down and had a martini with my hubby. I have felt the worst today ever. Monster headache (despite taking tylenol before bed, and an ultracet and tylenol this am) which lasted all day, body aches, and lethargy (had 11 hours sleep last night). I feel like I may be so highly sensitive to the sugars in alcohol, that sugar may be the dastardly culprit behind my frequent headaches. Ugh. Well, it is so nice to meet you all! No more "cheating" for me!! It totally wasn't worth it! I promise!

Hi Carol, I'm on day 15 today and I just wanted to thank you for the words of caution! I had a dream last night that I drank a beer, ate some creamy pasta, and was biting into a chocolate treat when I remembered none of those things are allowed on the Whole 30, and I had to decide whether the damage was already done, or I should spit out the chocolate. I woke up before I could decide, but it has been nagging at me today. I'm glad I came across your post as a gentle warning against the voices in my subconscious. I'll keep sticking to the program. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for writing! Now on Day 23 and feeling fantastic! I'm down 8 lbs and my clothes fit great! Can't believe all my joint aches and headaches are gone! It is really something. My husband and I are enjoying eating like this so much that we will make it part of our lifestyle. Looking forward to what lies ahead! Best wishes to you as well. I hope you are having positive results!

Archived