HMH

Day 15 - gag eggs, sweet potatoes

I find it's worth getting up a little early to eat at home. We do recommend that you eat within 1 hour of waking for best results during your Whole30, so give that a try if possible. Fresh, hot soft scrambled eggs are a lot tastier than cold or microwaved fried eggs, IMHO. For a real treat make some version of Melissa's Chicken Hash or my personal favorite - shredded rutabaga/sweet potato combo, onions, spinach and compliant sausage or chicken sausage.

You can do this!

I honestly find that I prefer BBQ chicken with a large side salad for breakfast! I also highly recommend considering leftovers from lunch or dinner as your breakfast! Don't only look for "breakfast" foods to eat in the morning! 

Also, spiralizing the sweet potato and making them into hashbrowns is also delicious! I spiralize them, cook them in ghee, add some salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning, and viola! Declicious!

Oh, and spiralizers are cheap and way easier to use than I thought. I quite literally had one sitting untouched in a kitchen cupboard for almost two years because I assumed it would be a lot of work! Now I use it at least several times a week! 

Hi all, thanks. I do eat within first hour, and food is hot. But it's just the whole heavy breakfast so early that gets me. I'll look for non traditional recipes. I am used to smoothies with us almond milk, chia seeds, cashew butter, protein powder. 

You could try soup -- I like a creamy butternut squash soup, and then I add diced whatever kind of protein I have on hand -- chicken apple sausages, cooked chicken, compliant hot dogs, cooked ground beef.  Or a chicken and vegetable soup, or whatever sounds good to you. 

Soup and leftover protein for me.  Chicken, steak, ground beef.

If I have time, tossing some shrimp with some ghee or just doing the salt and Lots Of pepper thing with them in some olive oil makes a great breakfast protein.  Throw on top of some greens that have been tossed with olive oil and vinegar?  Hello!  Add a nice juicy egg?

Now I'm hungry.

My favorite morning soup: Melissa Joulwan's Silky Ginger Zucchini soup.