Taro? Breadfruit?

AmyS

Well breadfruit flour is allowed (it came up in a previous post) providing it's not being used to replicate baked goods so I imagine breadfruit itself must be fine. I don't think I've ever seen it in Scotland

Thanks! haha I've never heard of breadfruit flour. That sounds weird. Breadfruit is SOOO good.

I think - and may be completely wrong - that Taro would be allowed, it just being another starchy root vegetable to choose from.

Just avoid the dreaded Taro chip ;). I say dreaded because those are a food without breaks for me!

I'm not a fan of taro chips, myself, but I do like poi on occasion.

I do! Want to travel to Hawaii for it that is.....

I'm reading primal body primal mind atm and it suggests all starches are bad. Due to whole9 I had chucked out all thickeners except for coconut flour, and bought arrowroot which is tapioca to thicken stews..BUT I think I get a bloated stomach when I have the tapioca, is that likely??

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I hope you don't mind my intruding into the topic but I had another question about Taro.

I googled taro because I was not familiar with the term, and it came up as being a term that is used to describe "any of several tropical plants used as root vegetables". They listed a few different root vegetables that are considered taro including yams and breadfruit, and I was wondering since both of those are allowed, if that means that ALL root vegetables that are of the taro "denomination" are allowed? More specifically tannier (white and/or purple).

Hi,

I hope you don't mind my intruding into the topic but I had another question about Taro.

I googled taro because I was not familiar with the term, and it came up as being a term that is used to describe "any of several tropical plants used as root vegetables". They listed a few different root vegetables that are considered taro including yams and breadfruit, and I was wondering since both of those are allowed, if that means that ALL root vegetables that are of the taro "denomination" are allowed? More specifically tannier (white and/or purple).

All vegetables are allowed except corn (not a vegetable apparently) and white potatoes due to their nightshade connection... Which I guess means they probably aren't a root vegetable anyway

All vegetables are allowed except corn (not a vegetable apparently) and white potatoes due to their nightshade connection... Which I guess means they probably aren't a root vegetable anyway

White potatoes are excluded because of our behaviors concerning them, not because of any problematic compounds. All other root veg are perfectly acceptable.

Robin, the behavior is why white potatoes are W30 excluded, but their skins CAN present some issues for folks with AI/gut integrity concerns on a regular basis.

Not stepping on your toes, but just want to make sure that any AI folks here reintroduce them carefully.

• 7 months later...

Archived