Carrot soufflé, Whole 30 version

missguillory

1 minute ago, ladyshanny said:

I don't think that this would translate very well to be honest. That's almost half the ingredients you would need to sub. I would hold off on this until after your 30 days.

Thank you! I was wondering that too. Just didn’t want it to taste completely different. I am past the 30 days. I am currently whole 30 with some food freedom. It is the only dish I am struggling with a bit. Thank you for your reply :)

• Moderators

Since you are past your whole30, if this is like a favorite recipe that you make for special occasions once or twice a year, you might decide it's something that's worth having as written. Or you might Google paleo carrot souffle, I'm sure people have made something similar that would be dairy and gluten free, though it might be sweetened somehow. You might even be able to find one sweetened with fruit so that all the ingredients would be compliant. But those paleo or whole30 options may or may not live up to your expectations, depending on how you feel about this particular recipe.

7 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

Since you are past your whole30, if this is like a favorite recipe that you make for special occasions once or twice a year, you might decide it's something that's worth having as written. Or you might Google paleo carrot souffle, I'm sure people have made something similar that would be dairy and gluten free, though it might be sweetened somehow. You might even be able to find one sweetened with fruit so that all the ingredients would be compliant. But those paleo or whole30 options may or may not live up to your expectations, depending on how you feel about this particular recipe.

Thank you so much! Great idea on googling for a Paleo version. Let me try that and yes, this is something I would do once a year. Ultimately, I would love a version that has me feel good afterwards too - hence why I love Whole 30 so much. Definitely works well for me. 

So grateful for your insight :)

Archived