My Whole100 21.Dec.12 to 31.Mar.13

melbournegirl

Completed my first whole35 on 13th Dec and have only had two non compliant days since then as part of reintro... Wine and sugar ten days apart.. Felt so ill after these that I realized I need a lot longer to heal. So I started again four days ago and have decided to go to the end of March to really get to the best place I can be health wise.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 7 today....

Its going okay, some ups and downs but navigated a compliant Christmas so got to be happy with that.

Last night I actually slept for 7 hours without waking... that hasnt happened for a long time.

From today I am tracking what I eat component and volume to try to crack whats causing my upset stomachs.... fodmaps, carbs, too much protein, too much fat etc

Today (day 9) I woke up happy. Hooray! So it has taken me 9 days after my reintro day of chocolate and corn chips to recover that slightly bubbly feeling. I think I have a way to go before the 'tiger' blood stage but the wait will be worth it. Today I also just feel much more 'balanced' physically, which I interpret as low or no joint inflammation. I think the reduction in fodmaps is starting to improve my digestion too. So all good here!

Thanks kitty. Today I woke up tired (might have been the 1 hour run and 2 hour bike ride!) but I also had an upset stomach so I am thinking it might be the big bowl of berries I had yesterday :mellow: . I have been suspecting an intolerance to fruit. I didnt have any fruit on day 8 and had a great day 9..... Anyway time and journalling will tell.

So being a Sunday today I decided to have my weekly? cup of singapore blend black coffee as a treat - I will be very interested to see how it makes me feel. I didnt enjoy the after effects last time (10 days ago???)......

Day12 today and I still have a sore stomach :( but different to the berries - I had apple puree for breakfast yesterday which I reckon was the cause. Also had more coffee (go away coffee dragon! You are not helping me!) Trying the digestive enzymes to see if that helps.

Note to self - no fruit or coffee tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oof, I hope you can figure out what foods are causing you issues. Whole100, eh? Sounds incredible. I'd totally be up for trying that at some point, likely once i have one Whole30 worth of experience under my belt. I'm also not eating fruit (for the most part, due to sweetness issues rather than intolerance) and I'm sure you can do it too! Go Juzbo!

Thanks Andria. Hey, one of the benefits I have been reading about and now proved.... the extra consumption of good saturated fats gives you sun protection - higher antioxidant and vitamin e level in your skin absorbs damaging rays! We have much more damaging sun here in Melbourne due to the thinner ozone layer near the antarctic... I usually burn easily without sunscreen AND also get rashes from sunscreen, so these 8 days I have been managing my sun exposure with minimal use of sunscreen and the only part of me that has got a little bit burnt are the tops of my feet. When I did use sunscreen it irritiated my skin (lots of little red blotchy marks) but didnt raise the severe bumpy itchy rash I used to get so I am SO happy (and also brown!)

Stomach has been quite good the last few days! So what did I do today? Decided to both have my Sunday coffee a day early and also have fruit for breakfast and lunch (couldnt resist the farmers market local produce)... Am already feeling the windy effects but at least that shows I am on the right track for irritants! On a really positive note, after 2 months (minus 2 reintro days) of compliant eating, my two persistent skin problems (over active oil glands on my face and a sort of excema on my scalp) are 100% clear. Skin has been improving consistently overall during this time but flaring up then settling so I still think I have a while to go to be completely healed but since it has been a problem for about 5 years and had stopped responding to medication this last year I dont mind at all!

Guest Andria

Yes, Juzbo, I definitely noticed that benefit of higher good fat intake a few summers ago when I started eating Primal/paleo and upped my sat fat intake. I rarely wear sunscreen in the summer now and even though I am somewhat fair skinned would tan nicely, whereas in the past I would tan but inevitably burn too. It's awesome, isn't!? Yea for sun and vitamin D. Good for you!

Just finished day17 and I have been a bit off the rails the last few days with my meal planning and meal balances (and some borderline swypo dishes.....) so its time to recap and regroup!

Positives:

Managed Christmas day without sugar

Havent had any noncompliant foods

Have had 8 hours sleep for the last ten days with only one exception (last night)

Skin continues to improve

My clothes are fitting well

Managed whole30 eating and cooking while at my beach house for 10 days

Have been active everyday except the last two (injured my foot arch slipping on a stone so giving it a few days rest)

Was able to correlate fodmap and fruit and caffeine intake directly with specific symptoms

Have found some digestive enzymes that help me process fat

Opportunities/Learnings:

Fruit causes tummy trouble and cravings and tiredness so I need to limit this

I can manage one cup of coffee a week with only minor cravings/shakiness providing I also abstain from tea

Goals for the next seven days (to maximize gut healing and minimize cravings):

No whole nuts or coconut meat (chopped/ground nuts in cooking and coconut cream is fine)

No fruit

No caffeine

Re-read the meal planning template and focus this week on mainly fresh/simple foods (meats/eggs and salads/vegies with some soups and simple cooked dishes and ghee and coconut oil)(having a rest from more complex cooking and spices)

Post meals this week and re-read the first seven whole30 daily emails

Day18

M1 2 cups of vegetable soup with a palm size steak and ghee

M2 3 boiled eggs plus half a cup approx each of carrot, cucumber, celery, grape tomatoes, small tin of salmon

Snack (bored with work rather than hungry?) a baby food sachet that had fruit in unfortunately (as well as sweet potato and carrot) so that blew my no fruit goal. Also had 2 cups of cocoa so that wiped the no caffeine goal too (will blame it on the first day back to work after two weeks off!)

M3 palm size steak plus large salad with olives and half a sweet potato.

Pilates in the morning and Piloxing at night.

Cooked a big pot of mince and vegies for tomorrow.

Off to read the template again and the day1 email so I can meet the other goals I set myself at least.

Feeling average tummywise due to the apple but otherwise okay.

Well Georgia, you were my first friend on this forum so thank you! for the inspiration. I have been thinking more than usual about noncompliant food...there is still so much of it around. Got to work today and there was a 2.8kg can of jellybeans (yes thats right 2.8kg) on my desk... nearly didnt bring it home but no one to give it to as we all got one ... anyway I showed it to the kids then put it away in the cupboard till Easter!

M1 mince and veggies and veggie soup with ghee

M2 baked tomato chicken, salad, mince, coconut milk, a few almonds

Snack curried kale chips

M3 beef, salad, 2 egg wrappers, half a sweet potato

Post WO sliced pork and some squash and a bit of shredded coconut

Early morning jog, mid morning pilates and evening boot camp. Also managed a trip to the dentist and got my car serviced and went shopping twice.

Been feeling a bit windy and bloated today but not too bad.

All good here, had a better day than yesterday and cooked some soup and meat and spicy kale chips so lots of food in the house. Managed without caffeine and fruit today - well except for a few cranberries. Cranking the exercise atm as only back home for 3 days before going back to the beach for another 4 so cramming in my favourite gym classes.

Hmm, might be day20 today?

Pre WO some cooked chicken and a spoon of ghee (body combat)

M1 pumpkin veggie soup with roast pork, blueberries with seeds and coconut milk, weak coffee

M2 boiled egg, celery and nut butter followed by steamed veggies at a work dinner

M3 boiled egg, carrot, cucumber and kale chips

M4 fish and vegies and ghee

Body combat in the morning.

Had two cups of cocoa at work. By night time I had one sore spot on my head... and a mole on my face has become slightly inflammed. is it a reaction to the fish? cocoa? too much exercise? Skin has been perfect for a full week before. I will stay off the cocoa again (I had it monday at work too then not for at least 10 days before this so I think thats the most likely) and test once more when the reaction has subsided.

Archived