My Whole100 21.Dec.12 to 31.Mar.13

melbournegirl

Pre WO a few walnuts (60 minute walk/jog with lots of bending - got lost in the beach scrub there for awhile...)

M1 mince and veggies with a few berries thrown in (yum)

M2 sweet potato, egg, almonds, coconut milk, canteloupe - so tired and unsettled I decided I must be running on empty so had an extra meal at 10am (I have just crammed 5 exercise classes into 49 hours... may be a bit too much??? but it was fun and wont be back at the gym for another 5 days now anyway

M3 at 3pm salad and olives and salmon, still hungry so had an orange and 2 boiled eggs at 4pm

I feel like a bottomless pit today, that is also a symptom I get from caffeine so perhaps the cocoa really messed me up. I dont have any in the house where I am now so at least I will stay away till monday at least.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I have had the same thing happen with a couple of the moles on my face (they become inflamed) and I actually never connected this with the way I ate, but I have just thought about it and realized that they have not been inflamed pretty much since I began eating whole! I had one below the corner of my mouth that was nearly always looking yuck and red and I just checked now and you can hardly see it, just looks like a normal light mole. Wow!! amazing how food can have such an effect on ya skin!! Hope you figure out what was causing your problem too!!

Sarah, thats great, it was during my first whole30 that I realised the same thing with three moles on my face... and it was interesting to correlate the commencement of a sore spot on my head (its a bit like an inflamed oil gland) with the mole becoming slightly red and lumpy again, the rest of my face is still okay so far...

Andria, the cocoa drink I have is just 100% organic raw cocoa with hot water added. Interestingly today I have a particular headache I associate with coffee and sugar withdrawal, so I do think the cocoa may have caused an inflammatory response. If it was the salmon I will soon know as I had some for lunch again today.

Making progress, skin continued to get a bit worse last night (after having salmon for lunch) but seems to be getting better today. So salmon is off the list for awhile - gave the leftovers to the kids today. When my skin is all better I will try cocoa for a few days and see what that brings. On the flip side my digestion seems better which I attribute to less nuts and/or having sweet potatoes every day. This is despite me feeling really hungry and/or wanting to eat lots the last few days. Which could be a side effect of the inflammation, an effect of cramming in extra gym classes OR... quite likely an extinction burst because I am on day 22 today and this is when it seems to hit.

Anyway just going with the flow and not worrying too much about it as it seemed to right itself pretty well last time and I havent reached the binge eating level, just extra meals and snacks.

Thanks Sarah. The good news is I have woken up happy today... not sure why but in hindsight I was really flat the last few days.

Anyway I still feel full and have a bit of heart burn, but ready to pick up the pace again.

So for the next 9 days I will really commit to three main meals and if I am starving in between I will make the next meal bigger or go to bed a bit hungry if need be. That will get me to the end of next week and to day30 quite nicely. I will log properly for accountability too.

Its actually day23 today.

0600 40 minute jog/walk

0730 M1 pumpkin and vege soup with small serve of roast pork plus two teaspoons of ghee. Coffee with 2 tbs coconut cream

0930 30 minute bike ride

1300 2 boiled eggs with salad and walnuts, vegie soup, coffee

1700 cucumber and carrot and sweet potato and 4 brazil nuts

1900 steak, sweet potato, beans and zuchini, berries and coconut cream

Well today started out well with sunnyside eggs on top of a chicken vegie curry but then only felt like fruit and coconut for lunch so hungry at 4pm and had leftover steak, sweet potato and zuchini but then had swypo pankakes for a late dinner plus lots of cashews and cranberries. Stomach is really really complaining now.

So for this coming week:

Less than one piece of fruit a day

No cocoa or fish

No nuts as snacks - got it? NO NUTS AS SNACKS

Eat more at meals and really follow the template

Get 8 hours sleep a night

Reduce coffee back down to none by the end of the week

I CAN DO THIS!

I CAN DO THIS!

Yes, you can. Don't beat yourself up though. You're doing this for yourself and I know you will succeed. I've gotten to know you as a strong one.

My helping sentence (which did the job surprisingly often) is that I tell myself that I "don't need nuts right now, I could still have them later if I really need them, but I don't really need them right now, because I can perfectly well sip my favorite herbal tea and do my favorite yoga pose for a minute (currently: headstand, because it boosts my energy)". Maybe something like this may serve you, too?

Thumbs up, big hug to down under!

Thank you so much kittycat. I will use that statement! Also I am getting close to doing a headstand away from the wall so that will help too soon!

I had a good sleep last night (8 hours) and had lots of energy for my run. So all I need is to work on what I eat and get rid of the sore stomach and I will be very happy.

I really do find nuts hard to digest and fruit triggers my hunger so a week without either (except for small amounts mixed into meals) and only proper meals will be just what I need.

Here is what I have done to help me with this: publishing it here are a reminder/reinforcer for later in the week!

I have shifted the nuts off my special shelf onto the general shelf - to send the signal that these are for the family and not my go to snacks!

I will eat bigger meals - in particular more protein, more vegies and more fat... well thats actually everything! But that will enable me to eat three meals and not be hungry in between (I think I havent realised that my extra activity means I do need more food and that I function better with rest time in between meals rather than having snacks - pre and post WO included).

So more liquid fats, more boiled eggs, more sweet potatoes. I have/will ensure the eggs and potatoes are always in the fridge ready to add to meals. Here goes!

Monday

Good sleep, energetic, bloated windy sore stomach

0530 40 minute jog

0700 M1 a raw carrot and 2 boiled eggs followed by a hand of steak in pumpkin vegie soup and 2 soup spoons of ghee.

black coffee

1230 M2 salad with tomato, cucumber, lettuce, sliced olives and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, half a baked sweet potato, freezer meal almond chicken vegie pie (with arrowroot), cocoa (oops)

1500 black instant coffee (no, really?)

1830 roast chook with skin, pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots and beans, a small handful of grapes

digestive enzyme and probiotic (stomach still sore but improving slowly)

2030 cocoa with coconut milk

2130 bedtime

Happy that I stuck to three meals, overdid the coffee and cocoa though but thats okay for Monday

Sleep, about 10 hours yay

M1 0800 chicken bone broth with celery and carrot

M2 1400 (saw the Hobbit 3 hour movie.... didnt come home starving either!) Leftover chicken and sweet potato from last night, a small serve of breakfast mince, salad with olives and coconut flakes.

Kittycat this morning and after lunch I came across the nut container and successfully said to myself "I dont need nuts right now! so thankyou

Day29 today... Going to post/log daily for the next week to check I am back to a good pattern of eating

M1 half mango, soup with chicken

M2 pumpkin, carrot, coconut oil, egg and nectarine

M3 salad, mince, sweet potato with ghee, grapes, egg

Having more carbs today but I need the energy for recovery, feeling quite flat...at least the severe stomach cramps have gone away!

M4 carrot, baked kale, lamb and vege soup, half mango

M5 steak, egg, salad, sweet potato, berries, ghee, coconut cream

Okay so a fair bit of food today but all proper meals and no nuts! Tea but no coffee again.

I'll consider today a pass.

Will have to make sure I don't drink tea at dinner time again, very restless night and slow to get to sleep...

Slow 6km jog

Post WO boiled egg and raw carrot

M1 orange, small piece of steak, big bowl of vege soup, kale chips with olive oil and salt

Craving salt lately... Part of stomach recovery?

M2 5 hours later ( busy and didn't notice hunger until prepping lunch at home.. Got to love a sugar free diet!) lamb and veggie soup, sweet potato with ghee, small salad with some olives

M3 cucumber, a few walnuts, a boiled egg, cocoa with a splash of cm

Archived