My Whole100 21.Dec.12 to 31.Mar.13

melbournegirl

Late night last night, dinner at friends but they provided lots of compliant food for me - yay (roast beef, olives, carrot and egg salad, tomato and lettuce salad, olive oil and vinegar and a fruit platter and sparkling water)

Off to the farmers market... got a recipe for how to make my own bacon, thinking about giving it a try......

Breakfast late 9am the last of the lamb and vegie soup and some kale chips

M2 chicken almond and vegetable pie, soup

M3 carrot, tomato, walnuts, cucumber, nectarine

M4 beef and veg stir fry

M5 blueberries and coconut milk and walnuts

Enjoyed a nice sunny one hour jog today, and a 20 minute walk to a bike shop and a 20 minute rollerblade with my son so feeling better and full of energy, but stomach is still severely bloated :(

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 32 today

Pilates

M1 chicken and pumpkin curry with coconut, half an orange

Bike ride

M2 raw carrot, boiled egg, steak, ghee sauteed zucchini and bok choy with parsley and seaweed, wilted greens in coconut oil

1500m swim

M3 baked sweet potato and walnuts

M4 pork and apple mince, cos lettuce, carrot egg salad and cauliflower rice, blueberries and coconut milk

Lots of exercise today... Still getting stomach pains after I eat... Wondering if I should consider trying the AI protocol....

I don't know much about AI, it's in the ISWF book which I don't have but it means auto immune protocol and cuts out eggs, ghee, coconut and the nightshade plants (tomato, eggplant, peppers.. I don't eat these last two)... I might just try keeping my fat to one thumb full and having an enzyme tablet with each meal first as it might just be the fat amount getting more than I can cope with... I read in posts about some people having stomach pain after eating then trying this... I get similar pain when I have dairy... So I guess it could be the ghee also... I always thought the dairy pain was from the protein though.

The friends are argentinian and were very happy to provide plain food... Will definitely see them again!

Glad my studying days are well over :P

Day33 so whole third completed LOL

40 minute jog

M1 chicken curry and nectarine, coffee, coconut milk

M2 carrot and egg, cauliflower rice with almonds, pork apple mince with coconut oil, sweet potato

Yoga

M3 roast chicken, sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin,,snow peas, pineapple, coconut flour

Goals for next third: to be more mindful of what and how much I eat and to get back to my usual amount of cardio etc

Need more sleep - less than 7 hours last night and not much more the night before!

Pre WO some cooked chicken and a few nuts (body combat)

Post WO 2 dates and 20g of cashews while shopping then a mandarin

M1 not very hungry not surprisingly... raw carrot, boiled egg, chicken vege soup, coffee with coconut cream

M2 ghee and vege soup, cooked chicken, boiled egg, nectarine, weak coffee

M3 salad, roast chicken, thick cut red sweet potato slices, olives, some watermelon and pineapple

Lots of small bits of fruit today but hasnt seemed to affect me, maybe I needed it due to the activity

Rollerblading for an hour or so with my son, we both fell over once each, no real damage but first time for at least 5 years (tripped on some lumpy concrete nearly kept my balance but ran out of path so soft landing on my butt into the dirt)... at least I am well padded by all the extra eating this last week. Interestingly today feels like the first day since day22 that I havent been hungry or wanting to snack nearly all the time. I am a bit hungry but cant be bothered eating / happy to wait till the next meal.... I have been waiting and waiting for this, hope it continues!

Also its been nearly two weeks since my scalp flared up. Its all better now despite having fruit, cocoa and coffee so I would have to guess it was the fish... or a general overload.... or possibly pineapple - had some pineapple last night so should be able to rule that out by tomorrow... My face has been a bit dodgy the last few days but not too bad... thats probably the cocoa and coffee.

Thanks P!

I am feeling a bit better this morning and I am going to commit to doing everything in my power this coming week to get back to a healthy tummy... Well maybe not everything.... I am still going to have some fruit and coffee this week and see how that goes, and I have one or two meals already cooked that do contain some of the below which I will still have but here is my list of changes to act on :

1. No coconut whatsoever (cream, oil, meat)

2. No ghee

3. No nuts

4. A digestive enzyme with each meal when I remember

This will help me understand how much nuts/ghee/coconut are contributing to my issues. The next step after that will be to review coffee and fruit, and after that maybe meat fat versus ghee versus coconut oil. I am also going to pose some questions on the troubleshooting thread regarding fat....

Day 1 of test 1

Sleep 9 hours

Stomach better than yesterday... Out of 10 (10 = bad) 7-8 for bloating, 6 for lower pain, 7 for aches

M1 left over chicken veg curry at 9am... This does have coconut meat and cream in. Some cantaloupe scraps and black coffee. DE (digestive enzyme).

M2 at 1300 left over chicken veg soup - no coconut but quite fatty (forgot the DE), 1/2 mango, weak black coffee (BC) felt a bit of discomfort under the ribs - classic bile duct spasm....

M3 at 1800 raw carrots, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, baked red sweet potato slices and pork carnitas - it worked a dream, quite fatty so might not be able to have it often but nice for the novelty - havent had anything like it before ever... Enough raw in the freezer for another go and some cooked leftovers for tomorrow, might also make a soup from the pan drippings.

Also had some melon and remembered the DE, contemplated taking 2! still a bit of pain under the ribs.

Looking forward to an early night.

Do you make your coffee hot? I really like the cold brew from Stuff I Make My Husband. I make it in the plunger thingy at night and it's ready in the morning (you can have it hot or cold, but the brewing is cold). Make sure you stir it well, I had one crappy batch the 2nd time I made it, I forgot to stir :wub: it reminded me of weak Maccas coffee lol pale and tea coloured

I really like the cold stuff for iced coffee, it doesn't have the same less-fresh quality that hot-brewed-then-cold does. I find my Whole30 iced coffees are light on the coconut milk, heavy on the ice and I often water the coffee down with more water, refreshing :) They remind me of the asian coffee drinks you get in Springvale (without the sugar).

So not sure about the cold coffee press, it was much smoother in taste, I didnt make it too strong because I was worried it might get really strong overnight but it didnt so it may have been a bit weak. Also I think I might kinda like the acidic bitter taste of hot brewed coffee. But I love trying out new things so thankyou!

Got my bacon cooking in the oven right now... I dont think its going to work out too good as I sort of combined two recipes.. with the result that I think its going to be too salty and not cured enough but its a good learning process!

Day 2

9 hours sleep with only one wake up

Bloat = 5-6? Got worse after my Post WO (coffee? meat fat? earlier fruit)

No pain atm and aches are about a 4

M1 vegie soup and some chicken and half a mango (damn this is a fodmap fruit - forgot)

Circuit class, a bit of tennis

Post WO carnitas (too much probably) and 2 slices of sweet potato and 2 cups of weak coffee

Feeling sluggish now, might go for a short run!

Yep, 7km helped.

M2 small lunch of my bacon which didn't really work but tasted yummy and carrot and some cucumber

M3 more bacon, lamb, salad and fruit. I feel like I have overdone the salty meat these last two days but with the DEs seems easier on the tummy than nuts at least. Lucky I did a bit of exercise today, not helping my get thinner cause much!

Had two cups of cocoa while everyone else was scoffing cheese and biscuits and milo and port...

When I went to be I noticed my eyelids were puffy.

Day3

8 hours sleep, eyelids were even puffier this morning - the salty meat or the cocoa??? hard to know.

Bloat is about a 4, pain is zero and aches still probably a 4 - from the exercise yesterday. Decided not to go for my usual; walk/run this morning, maybe later.

M1 the last of the salty bacon and some vege soup and a mandarin plus a BC

M2 a salad with tomato, lettuce, olives, cucumber and some left over lamb

M3 pomegranate, raspberries, sunflower seeds and some coconut oil... I think I was supposed to exclude this but am at my beach house and the ghee was unopened and there was just a bit of coconut oil left so I thought Id finish that... I think my coconut problem is with the meat not the oil..... have been feeling itchy all day which goes with the puffy eyes but cant tell if its something Ive eaten or hayfever related so far......

M4 carrot, veges sauteed in chicken fat, steak, big bowl of strawberries... and couldnt resist finishing the last packet of ?coconut butter I had at my beach house! Naughty. Also had some more cocoa today, its all finished now too.

Hopefully tomorrow wont have any triggers......

Hey there, sorry for some reason I thought the other topic you started was your journal so I have been posting in there! :P Hey i have been feel alot better since cutting the coconut too (only 3 days so far) but i think there must be something in it that dosent mix well with alot of people... I figure this because there is coconut milk in curry right. And what happens after everyone eats curry?? hehehe

STARTING A NEW 30 count from today!

Took ages to get to sleep last night..... so stayed in bed for 10 hours! Thank goodness for Australia Day

Still very puffy around the eyes and itchy all over, also everything aches when I move so going to research the AI protocol, and also cut out coffee and cocoa from today! And start a new count!

Day1 of new 30 subset:

M1 a boiled egg, some vege soup with a bit of carnitas in I think, a bowl of raspberries, green tea.

Easy bike ride

Decided to take an antihistamine since the aches are so bad and ruining my day!

M2 salad of mandarin, tomato, cucumber, 12 olives, and soup with steak, green tea.

M3 two small turkey burgers with a smear of ghee and a raw carrot... got a gurgly tummy afterwards... cant remember what was in the burgers (freezer meal) but it could have been the ghee... will check tomorrow when I have the two remaining burgers

M4 made a double serve of a breakfast hash - my first - a grated zuchini and sweet potato fried in a little bit of coconut oil with some salt, pepper and spices then a handful of blueberries and 6 beaten eggs tossed in - yum (second serve is for breakfast tomorrow) had some rainbow salad and spinach and rocket also.

Today I stuck quite well to the template, I find 4 meals helps reset when I have been overeating. Thought about going to a piloxing class but decided to rest instead.

Day 2

8 hours sleep but woke up lots in the second half - detoxing from caffeine???

6 km jog

M1 egg, blueberry, carrot, zucchini hash with wilted greens cooked in a tsp of coconut oil, tea at 7am

Yoga

M2 or post WO 2 turkey patties and a raw carrot, weak tea at 11 am

M3 some fruit scraps (mango, watermelon, canteloupe) beef burger, vege soup and some pumpkin and sweet potato and two big sticks of celery, licorice tea.

Have made a pumpkin spread to go with the big bunch of celery I bought .. To replace nut butter sniff...

M4 BBQ lamb, carrots, cauliflower rice, pumpkin baked with pineapple, green beans

Archived