Starting in 3 days, question regarding time till less pain

Tricia561

Hello, 

I am starting Whole30 on Saturday for the first time.  The next Friday (which will be day 6), I have a catering event that I am working with a friend, and it will be about a 12 hour day.  One of the reasons I want to start this plan is because I have been noticing this last year that when I am standing for more than a few hours, I start to get lower back spasms.  I'm sure it's because I am very overweight, and my activity level keeps going down due to the weight and poor eating habits.  I also injured a knee a few years ago, and now have arthritis in both knees.  My question is, in your experience, by day 6 are some of those aches and pains better?  I'm not expecting it to be completely gone, but do you think the pain will lessen enough for me to notice?

• Moderators

Maybe? Everyone is different, so it's hard to say for sure what your experience will be. I only had fairly minor aches and pains before my first whole30, it sounds like probably much less than you're experiencing, and sometime around week two or three I think I realized they were gone. 

If you can, you could try cutting out as many non-whole30 foods as possible now to see if you can get a little bit of a head start -- but I do realize that may not be possible or even something you want to try with Thanksgiving going on, and that is fine. 

Pre W30 - while not overweight, I had long been plauged with achy joints and an arthritic hand.  Two days in, I started to notice less pain and stiffness in my joints and soon was totally pain free, even my hand.  I had experienced this kind of relief before, when I did a month long grain free trial a year an a half ago.  I'm at day 36 now and have not yet done any grain re-intro.

Archived