For the love of sweet potatoes

spafoodie

I'm starting Whole30 11/24, day after Thanksgiving. I've been testing the waters the past 10 days and enjoying all that I've prepared and eaten. Most of the pantry issues are resolved. I also decided, after reading the books, that I will drop out eggs and nightshades, as I have autoimmune conditions. That is making things trickier. Luckily, I discovered I really like sweet potatoes! I'll be interested in more egg-free breakfast options. I'm excited to think about food that is just food and is NOT laced with additives. I've been shocked in my try-out period how many things have sugar!! My regular chicken broth has added sugar. Why??? I'm not all-in on the paleo concept. Rather, I think the plan is more like "Gramma's Farm plan" - i.e., my Hoosier grandparents who raised vegetables and animals and ate what they grew. I like this idea a lot. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi @spafoodie - since you mentioned you like sweet potatoes, I have heard about "sweeet potatoe" buns for sometime but have never tried them until tonight!  For dinner we had BLT's on sweet potato buns.  They were really good!  When I was cooking the sweet potatoes in the pan, I had the burner turned up a little two high so some of the sides got a bit "browner" than I would have liked.  I was able to very gently slice off the over cooked pieces.  But if you are looking for some sort of a "sandwich" option, don't forget about sweet potatoes!!

Archived