100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy! I'm Amy, and I'll be starting my Whole100 on January 2, running through April 1.

I have done two Whole30s and this go-round I am looking to make the Whole30/Paleo way of eating a family affair. I've bought cookbooks (Well Fed and Every Day Family Paleo) and talked to the children about it. I am also looking to become more fit. The first two Whole30s were, for me, more about the gains just from the eating plan itself. Now I have so much energy that I need to work out, and I need to try to figure out how to do that in a way that works for me.

My preparation will be to clear the freezer of non-compliant stuff (most of which I put up there just before starting the first Whole30, when I thought I'd go right back to it after that Whole30 but now I know I won't); get rid of most of the candy that's in the house, that's been accumulating since Halloween; and do some meal-planning to project through at least the first month of this, as we all go back to school (the children are in third grade and I teach college music). I'm also planning on eating clean myself from now on except for one particular meal on New Year's Day, and I'm allowing for the possibility of something off-plan between now and Jan. 2.

So - that's me! Oh. Another thing about me is I never remember which day (or even week) I'm on, I just know my start and end dates; and doing food logs appeals to me about as much as having a root canal (I know, food logs are supposed to be helpful but I can't wrap my brain around doing one, sorry!). So I'll be reporting general information, recipes, how the kids are doing, what I'm trying for exercise, etc.

In related news, I'm trying to impress this woman I met recently (we agreed we both want to see each other again but we're both extremely busy) and I'm taking her some chocolate chili and spaghetti squash today at her workplace. Here's hoping Whole30 food keeps her interested. Ha!

Thanks Koneill 12!

I am really excited to do this with support! I have been on a 3 hour delay at the airport and actually bought ISWF for me and my parents during the downtime. Heading to visit them in Florida so hopefully we can make a gameplan while I have no interruptions:) I plan to eat as clean as possible until start time.

I have a husband and 2 children, 11 and 8 that I hope to influence. Would love to exercise, running a lot last year and then injury and holidays have put me in the lazy train. Boo.

Look forward to hearing all your wonderful posts and ideas, as I am not very good at following through and planning!

I cannot wait to get started!! This week I will be re-reading ISWF and clearing the house of holiday "food" as we'll as re-stocking with real food! Finished a Whole60 in Sept/Oct. self destructed since then. I need this but more importantly I want this!! Excited to meet everyone!!

I'm in! I'm off work this week and although I plan on prepping for this, I'm still going to allow myself a few non-compliant things, though I'm slowly weaning off.

My biggest challenge will be how to deal with a new relationship during this - no booze, limited eating out, etc. He knows I'm about to embark on this and although he said I inspired him to try a week of no-processed-foods, he really has no idea what he's in for when we cook together. He lives a few hours away and he has a total man-fridge that I will have no problems avoiding, but just packing enough/shopping a lot while I'm at his place will be interesting.

Looking forward to learning from everyone!

Hey y'all I'm MJ and I am the cheaterpants in the bunch since I am just extending my Whole30 that I am currently on (Day 26!) to a Whole100 but I am excited to adventure with y'all and a very good friend who is starting her W30 on Jan.1st as well.

I don't mince words ever which at times might come off as gruff but I promise it's all tough lurve. I am in the 100% compliance or nothing crew.I have been 100% compliant since the start and was compliant before that except for my fish oil pills and cold pressed flax seed oil (both of which are long gone). I believe in consciousness and personal responsibility/accountability.

I turned 30 at the end of November and I am in the best shape of my life. I am married mama to 2 toddlers (lost all the baby weight and then some) and I successfully switched my whole family to paleo/W30. I am a hardcore hot yogi and I HAVE to mix up my workout routines because I get bored easily. I am also an endurance swimmer.

My nutrition is pretty much 100% dialed in so my goal for this adventure are to really increase my lifting and start to see the number on the scale rise due to gaining lean muscle mass. I also am going to start tinkering with macronutrient ratios so I can be at peak performance.

Hi Everyone! So excited to join all of you. I attempted my first Whole 30 in July and made it to day 23. I succesfully completed a Whole 30 in October and felt great. I have been following a Paleo diet on and off since June. I Crossfit at least 4x a week and am looking forward to getting my nutrition back on track. Reading ISWF was an amazing experience for me and I am thankful to have found it. I finally "got it" as to my relationship with food!! I am a 35 year old wife and a mom/step mom to three awesome boys 16, 16 and 12. Although my family is very supportive they will not be joining me on my adventure! Looking forward to having support during my attempt at a Whole 86!!

OK, so I attempted a Whole30 Nov. 1st and made it 23 days. So I know with the proper support I CAN do this. I will also have a support group on a Triathlete mentor forum I am part of. There are several in the group who are doing Whole30 or Whole100. I am rereading ISWF. Such an awesome book. I have no health issues, and I don't want any. Grains, dairy, beans - easily eliminated. Not so easy - the Sugar Dragon. That will be my challenge during this challenge.

And I'm with Amy - doing food logs appeals to me about as much as having a root canal! I know the importance of doing them and I will try but it's just so tedious!

Hi, I'm Justine.

I started on 21.12.12 so my 100 days ends 31.3.13... Amy I am pretty sure 1.4.13 only gets you to 90 days from Jan 2.

I am going to do a paper-based log as my main goal is to heal my digestive system and/or determine which vegetable and fruit fodmaps or amount of protein and fat I can best tolerate. I finished my first whole35 on Dec 14th and have stayed compliant since then except for 2 miserable days. I have lost about 7 lbs and would like to lose 5 more but thats not as important as laying my sugar dragon to rest and healing my digestion. I am also hoping to improve my sleep, and have the final 10% improvement in my skin.

I live in Melbourne and have a 10 and 12 year old. Its summer holidays here so its easy to be prepared. I will have to stock up the freezer when I return to work in two weeks time though.

I'm in to slow running, yoga and boxing to keep fit. I'm at the beach now so it will be barefoot running, rollerblading, bikeriding and paddling I hope for the next few weeks.

Wishing you all a successful 100 days and an enlightening journey!

I'm Melissa and ill be joining in on January 2. This will be my third round at whole whatever. I'm an addict of all sorts. When I'm on the straight and narrow, I stay there. When I start down the road of any non-compliance, I snowball pretty fast. I have fibromyalgia, and eat mostly primal most of the time. My first whole 30 cleansed me enough to help me sleep at night, for the first time in my adult life. I still sleep well, but my fibro symptoms are coming back because I have indulged in all sorts of things that messed me up and really weren't worth it.

My household consists of myself, my significant other, my college aged daughter and her boyfriend. The kids won't eat whole 30, but my SO will without any complaint. My daughter in law and grandchildren will be home on January 4th for 2 weeks and I was going to make excuses to wait until after they leave to go back on the whole 30, but every day that I mistreat my body is a day I lose. I want to stop losing good things.

I'm 42, 3 adult kids, work long hours, and I'm from New England. Live in NH and work in Boston. I have to prep ahead a lot because I don't have time to cook proper meals during the week. I have a hard time getting to the gym or taking classes because of my work hours, but I have a spin bike at home and a gym at work. I can make it work if I just stop making excuses.

I love it that we are talking about prep - this is very motivating! Like a little pep rally before the game:)

To start with, I have an app on my iPad called paprika and I can add my recipes to it and recipes from the web and then create a menu and a shopping list. So I'm going to try to put a significant portion of my menu for January in there. I shop in bulk whenever possible, my small chest freezer can hold a months worth of meals. I do large batches of things like chili and meatballs and then keep a list of things that are in the freezer. I find that the more organized I am, the better my life goes. This is true for every aspect of my life.

Great to meet all of you, and to see some familiar names as well!

Melissa

I'm 50, live in Northern California and I want to lose about 40 lbs. I am NOT one of those who instantly dropped weight when they started Paleo, but I am also not one of those Paleo people who ever dropped wine and the occasional cocktail. I had good results with the Whole 30 in October but I went right back to wine right after (and missed it the most during), so I need a good long stretch of abstinence to really get some results under my belt and to be inspired to keep at it. I am taking a 2 week trip to Italy the last week of April so I thought a Whole 100 was perfect.

To prep I am using up some white potatoes and butter and a little cheese this week and looking at some recipes from Well Fed and the Nom Nom Paleo iPad app. I am an experienced Paleo-er and a passionate home cook so I am basically utterly comfortable with shopping and cooking, I just find being super strict puts a bit of a damper on my social life so I am going to need the most amount of support around that.

So glad so may others wanted to join me on this adventure!

Kim

Kim, I hear you in regard to the wine... I have a tough time with that at first. But after a week or so I was ok during my last whole 30. I found that kombucha helped me through the rough spots. And I almost completely lost my taste for things that I loved Pre whole 30, like cheese.

One of my challenges is the cost of compliant food. I prefer grass fed, local meat when I can. I'm a creative cook, so I tend to purchase various herbs, spices and extras like coconut aminos. I can spend a small fortune just in sardines every month:)

Looking forward to the journey with you!

Hi everyone - I'm Caroline and based in Melbourne, Australia. I have tried to do a Whole30 before, and haven't been successful but after a diagnosis of Stage 3 Adrenal Fatigue, I have a clear plan of what I need to do to kick start the recovery process with nutrition (a la Whole100), supplements and lifestyle changes. 100 days takes us to 10 April, which coincides nicely with my re-testing my mineral levels and my birthday.

I am eating clean now (started yesterday), but going through the process of cleaning out cupboards and making sure I am on top of what is on the 'no' list. As an example, I only realised yesterday through reading the forum that red wine vinegar is out because of sulfites.

Looking forward to kicking this off on the 1st and getting to know everyone along the way.

Hi all! I'm a 38 year old stay at home mom. We have four kids 11,9,7 and 6. I did a W30 in August with my mom. (She lives with us.) we both had great success. I have talked to her about doing another, but she is happy with paleo eating and doesn't want the restrictions of a W30. I think she doesn't want to give up honey and maple syrup, but the choice is hers. I would like to continue to transition my kids to paleo eating. They're doing great. My husband doesn't cook so he eats what we prepare. He does eat crap food during the work week for lunch. I would like to add to the amount of vegetables I have at each meal. Especially the first meal. I'm thinking of making up huge batches of veggie soup to eat with my other meals. I would like to wean myself off of coffee. I was down to one cup in the morning at the end of my W30. I have slowly added more cups back into my day. I plan to cook and freeze during the next few days. I will have family here throughout the next week so will be cooking a lot any way.

Yay! I'm excited to join this group! I started my first W30 back in June '12 after being tired of being on the same ol' point watching diet and wanting to truly change my life (and my eating habits). I've now done 2 W30s and 1 W45 since starting in June and have felt healthier than I have in a long while. I've lost 45 lbs (and if you add the 15 I lost before finding W30, I've lost 60) so far and would like to lose probably another 40. Of course there are other benefits besides weight loss I'd like to see continue too like better sleep, more energy, brighter softer skin, less eczema breakouts, etc. I think I really have finally made the connection that what I put in my body actually affects it (amazing, I know :P).

I've given myself some leeway over this past week of holiday celebration--okay a lot of leeway--and am looking forward to getting back to clean eating and taking care of my vessel.

I won't promise to log my food every day but I do promise to use this post to stay accountable and log my experience. I look forward to the shared journey and supporting one another.

Best wishes to everyone. WE CAN DO THIS!!

I'm probably the youngest one here. My name is Sarah, I am 22 y's/o. I have t1 diabetes and Celiac disease (cannot tolerate gluten). I completed 17 days of a whole30 just before Christmas, but went off plan on Christmas and Boxing day. I plan to begin my Whole100 on the 1st of January 2013. I see others find keeping a food log a bit of a mish, I'm with them. I will try to post recipes if I have something tasty. I shall aim to post in my log on a daily basis.

>My main reason for aiming for a Whole100 is to improve my health.

>I would also love to lose some weight, but I realize that this will come slowly and I don't want it to be a big focus for me as I have had disordered eating in the past.

I have a few other health goals for 2013 which aren't entirely whole30100 related but I'm willing to bet the whole30100 will probably make these goals easier for me to achieve:

>I want to improve my fitness by playing and getting better at at-least one sport during 2013. (I'm thinking tennis/badminton/squash as I've been told I have some relative talent with a raquet).

>I want to be able to control my moods more in 2013!!! This is a big one for me. I want to stop taking my anger out on my BF. I inherited my mothers temper, and I tend to sulk/get grumpy over silly things. I know that i'm only angry at myself for whatever reason, but I always tend to take it out on my BF. In the end it's always me apologizing and feeling like an idiot. It really gets to me (and him) when I do this so I would love to be able to stop this silly habit. I think I need to do some reading on the subject and I am planning to read the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (and it's all small stuff)". But any other tips would be appreciated! .... I know not strictly whole30, but i've read the whole30 can help with a lot of issues :P

I am in.

I was planning to start tomorrow but happy to wait til 1st in order to join in with this group and give myself a few days to get organized.

I have done a Whole30 in November but am keen to make this lifestyle change more cemente into my life.

Cheers!

Lots of Aussies here! That's so cool. I love to cook and my family loves to eat my cooking. I prepare for them what they like and if I can't have it, I prepare something separate for me. My biggest obstacle is having things in the house that are non-compliant like ice cream. Most treats I can ignor, but there are some that call my name. That will be my challenge!

Hi, I'm Wendy. I've done a couple whole30 but eased back into bad eating. I was diagnosed with a disorder a couple months ago where I have too much cranial fluid and it causing symptoms that mimick a brain tumor. There's a good chance that if I eat right and lose weight, that I can heal this problem. If it gets worse, I'll have to have a shunt installed to drain the fluid. So, I have a big motivation to stay compliant.

My diet has been good the last couple of months. Only a little honey in my tea and sour cream now and then. So, it shouldn't be too much of a shock to my system. I will miss my honey.

My birthday will be day 100, so I'm planning a whole99 . The hardest thing for me is meal planning and social situations. I bought a food dehydrator so I plan to make some jerky to keep on hand.

I was eating relatively clean, but went out for lunch and ate some rubbish. I have decided it is easier to start a little early with the Whole100, so starting three days early tomorrow. I have nothing planned for the next week, so can deal with feeling very ordinary as the body cries out for sugar and feels really, really tired. I still plan on doing the W100 from 1 Jan to stay with the group, but will just have an extra couple of days of compliance. The sooner I start, the sooner I will start to feel better!!

Archived