100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

HI, my name is Heather. I live in Nashville, TN (relocated here in July from ATL), with my boyfriend, our 8 year old, and two of our teens (14 & 15). I cross-train with programs like Insanity, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire, Les Mills Pump, and Les Mills Combat. I am also an avid hot yogi...and an aspiring Bikram instructor (Spring 2013). I train at least 5-6 days a week...sometimes more.

I just grazed through most of these posts...and I might be in. I was going to do 30/30/40...with days in between for reintroduction...so I'll have to double check my commitment level to going a Whole 100.

We are traveling to the beach in March...so I am pretty sure I am down to go at least until then, and possibly right on through the vacation (mmmm...seafood)! I started my third w30 on 12/26 (finished my second on 12/25).

I also have another w30 forum for those starting Jan 2nd...so you will see me posting in both. I love the idea of a FB group...but I also like the consistency of doing it all here... :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm Kathe. I live in Nebraska with my husband. I am so happy to start this journey on Jan 1. The holidays really did me in and I need to refocus on my health this year. I am going to re-read ISWF this weekend and get organized so I am ready to start the new year off on the right foot.

This is not going to be an easy journey for me, as my husband is not into eating healthy, but I know that by being included in this group I will succeed. We are all here to help each other and lift each other up when we start to slide.

I was eating relatively clean, but went out for lunch and ate some rubbish. I have decided it is easier to start a little early with the Whole100, so starting three days early tomorrow. I have nothing planned for the next week, so can deal with feeling very ordinary as the body cries out for sugar and feels really, really tired. I still plan on doing the W100 from 1 Jan to stay with the group, but will just have an extra couple of days of compliance. The sooner I start, the sooner I will start to feel better!!

This is pretty much what happened to me, too. I intended to eat whatever I wanted between now and Jan. 2, but I have discovered, upon trying some of my old favorites, that I don't want them anymore. So I'm back at the Whole30 style of eating. Jan. 1 I'll eat a non-compliant meal (traditional stuff I want to eat) and then back at it. I just feel better this way.

I think this is a fabulous idea although I may turn mine into a W120 which will bring me right up to my 40th birthday. I have been abusing my body for many many years.

My son (and the household) have followed a Feingold Stage 1-1/2 diet for almost 8 years. This means that processed food is really limited in our house-- but there is still plenty of wheat, potatoes, rice, sugar, dairy, etc. Over the years, we have also eliminated HFCS, as well as other limited many preservatives, nitrates, sulfates, etc. I have slowly been moving to paleo for dinner over time as the wheat/ potatoes/ rice/ sugar really affect my sleep. I also feel very strongly about GMOs-- so we have been moving away from them this past year.

I did a hard core no sugar/ carb/ fruit diet last January-- but it still allowed some milk products. I started a W30 right after Thanksgiving and made it 10-11 days before having a starbucks (really a sugar craving more than caffeine). From there, it was a "what the hell attitude". But, I did learn that wheat is not my friend-- like really, really not my friend. So, I have cut the wheat out (meringue cookies have been my friend this month). So once I get past the sugar monster (and I feel this and socializing are my biggest obstacles), I should be pretty good to go. I also learned a lot of GREAT recipes. Highly recommend "Wel Fed" and "Paleo Comfort Foods". Well Fed has a list of foods and kitchen utensils that every kitchen should have. Spices were really important to mixing it up.

I'm Susan and Jan 1 will be the start of my 4th W30. This one will be a W100. I rarely off-road even while not doing a challenge. I'm in La Jolla visiting friends and family for xmas. I go home on Jan 2 but I don't think anymore off-roading is happening before I leave. Unless my brother busts out more of the abalone he got at abalone camp. For that, I will wait to w100 until the 2nd or 3rd. :) I am amazed at the difference in how I feel from the little amount I have indulged in. A glass of very special Cabernet, yorkshire pudding with our prime rib and one abalone steak with panko. I feel foggy and sluggish. I'm very much looking forward to a W100. :)

I'm in - this will be my first whole anything but I believe a W100 will be the only thing strong enough to repair the damage I've done with my eating habits. today I cleaned out my cabinets and freezer/fridge. it seems SO BARE and I love it - like a clean slate. but I did feel bad giving 99% of that food to my parents...like I'm poisoning them or something! hit whole foods with my shopping list and have some things to make tomorrow (almond milk, etc) and am excited for Tuesday. Looking forward to having the guidance of those of you who have completed a W30 or other to help me do this 100% without trying to fit my old habits and "junk" eating into paleo - I'm here to completely change my relationship with food not to find ways to get the same fix I get from the crap I'm eating now. Skimming back over ISWF the next couple days and doing final tweaks!

Hi all, I am defo in as of 2nd of Jan!, Did my first W30 in October, it is best thing I have ever done!!

Have suffered with chronic sinus problems for years, had surgery, but was still plagued with constant problems, this past year was my worst since having the surgery, but a few weeks after finishing my W30, I was clear and still am now!!! Whoo Hoo! Thats unheard of for me! If ever I have been foolish enough to eat Wheat since, I get a big whopping swollen eye and thats always a sign my sinuses are about to blow!! Also if I have ever had yogurt since boy do I know about it in the belly department!! LOVE,LOVE these natural warnings my body now gives me :) , also lost 9lbs during my W30. Had been heading in a Paleo direction for a little while before W30, but needed the strictness of it to really see the benifits, Have relaxed a little over the festive period, don't really know why as I suffer whenever I do, but heyho, no more! Whole100ers! I am in it with you xx ;)

Today is my shopping, cooking, prep day. I'm going to hit a few stores for the things I need, so the shopping might take me a couple of hours, but then I can finish the cooking on Tuesday if I need to.

Something I was thinking about this morning was that I need to work more at being present. This seems harder when I have in the back of my head "hey do I have enough complaint food all cooked." But being present is really important to my well being. So rather than cram 50 things into today, I'm going to take one thing at a time and just simply enjoy whatever that task is.

This might not seem like a big deal to some people, but its huge for me. And it comes back to changing my thinking and how my whole life needs to be cleansed and healed in different ways, not just my body.

I understand Aberantatavia. It is one of my goals doing the whole30 as well - enjoy the journey, not just focus on the destination. I am dealing with some stress issues, so need to learn to slow down and take everything one step at a time. Easier said than done, and is certainly going to take some practice.

I'm in, too! Good to see some old friends, like Susan, and can't wait to get to know some new friends.

I'm Maryann, I'm 57 and single, so my meal plan doesn't have to accommodate anyone but me. I own my own business, and although I work a lot, I also have the freedom to prep and eat when I want.

I went off the rails in December. A few Christmas parties where I was faced with the choice of eating something I shouldn't or hurting someone's feelings or being dragged into an argument over my food choices and how ridiculous I am and how 'a little won't hurt you' and it was easier to just eat and shut up. That led to a 'what's the use?' attitude, and I don't think I've eaten anything in the last two weeks, except Christmas dinner, that didn't come out of a styrofoam box.

Time to get real. Dinner and movie tonight with friends, then shopping and prep tomorrow. I am tired, sleeping poorly, bloated and lethargic. I need to get my mojo back.

I too understand Aberantatavia. My goal for this year is to focus on the present & stop stressing about what needs to be done in the future. This will be hard for me as I am always thinking about/stressing over what still needs to be done rather than focusing on what is happening now. I put alot of stress on myself & that needs to stop. I look forward to this journey with all of you. We are going to have a wonderful new year :)

I'm Janice. I am 43. live on Martha's Vineyard. married. have an almost 5 year old so. and an almost 10 year old doggie. I did an almost whole30 and LOVED how I felt.

Even though I intend to eat Paleo for life I am a little nervous about committing to 10 days in a row! We are going to Legoland in Feb and having just gotten back from a vacation I imagine that may be difficult.

I am game to give it a shot!

I work out hard- interval cardio and weights. I want to get in the habit of going more often- like 4-6 times a week. That is what I am used to doing but I have had a stupid knee injury so I have been only going 3x weekly.

I am looking forward to being part of this group- maybe it will be the trick to get me over the upcoming vacation:)

Missed you, Susan! We've had some good times and I've learned a lot from you. Who else would celebrate my victories over homemade mayo, almond milk, or ghee with me? LOL!

Lol..I think you had the juju of homemade mayo before I did. I still swoon over making ghee. :)

even though I went to whole foods yesterday and bought a great start I decided to take the kids to the farmer's market today (hey, the Bay Area sucks for how expensive it is, but it does have it's perks, like year round farmer's markets!) and was able to score some pork marrow bones, pork lard, and compliant sausage as well as a couple veggies I wanted but didn't find at WF (beets - ?? really?) I also got some more eggs and scoped out for future beef/pork/chicken purchases and am super excited to start to connect with local farmers. plus it's just an awesome vibe out there even in the cold San Jose mornings (tee hee...cold...it's like 60 degrees! hey, I grew up in Minnesota so I DO know cold!)

Heya :).

I'm Noëlle, have done a couple of W30s... was planning a W90 starting today and then found a link to this thread in Nom Nom Paleo comments. Gotta love serendipity!

I am very gluten sensitive (realistically, who isn't, eh?) and yet at the same time have a hard time staying away from it combined with sugar. Just started a new job on Thursday and really want to shake the holiday funk, get my energy back (tiger's blood please!!), and hopefully lean up a little. This W30 is much different for me though, because for the first time I can honestly say it's more about the internal changes than the external.

I'm food log averse, too, but looking forward to extending to 100 and sharing the journey with you all! Now if you'll excuse me it's time to go make some curry for lunch....

I'm in. I started a Whole 30 on 20th October, and other than experimenting with dairy and gin😱 I've not strayed much from the path. However would like to get sleep and exercise in sync with all the other lovely benefits, so will join you if you'll have me. I kind of started today though, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the shameful disappearance of a whole bottle of Blackwoods gin over the last week....

Today is the last day of the year in Australia, and I must say I feel like crap! After reading the last 20 or so posts on here, I know fully understand why!! I have been indulging in crappy eating and my body is saying "enough already!!" - I did a Whole30 successfully in November and part of December and I have gone off the rails over the holidays. It's not ME or my MIND that is feeling yucky and down and flat - it's the stuff I've been putting into my body!!

I suffer from anxiety and low moods, and I felt amazingly good on the Whole30 - even though I am also medicated. I couldn't figure out why I was starting to feel so flat and low again... But reading this forum has totally set the light bulb off in my mind!!!!

It's all about the FOOD!!

I HAVE to commit myself to this again and make it how I live my life.... Or else I may just find that my life will start feeling all a bit too dull again!!

Roll on January 1 - I'm ready for you!!!!

We all have false starts and stumbles, and some of us are further along in our journey than others. I am on day 11 and feeling good and best of all I feel really peaceful, and also optimistic for the first time because I have been able to pretty much stay compliant since early November. I dont think I ever thought this was really possible for me (Xmas day without sugar? OMG) as any time before when I have resticted eating I have ruined all the good work after. But not this time. So I encourage and applaud you all for continuing or resuming - you are all so worth it and deserve good health and freedom from your demons, whatever they may be!

but I did feel bad giving 99% of that food to my parents...like I'm poisoning them or something!

Totally understand this. Since my son is allergic to artificial colors, flavors and a host of other "additives", he feels like that everyday as he watched his friends eat their lunches at school. It is kinda funny when he comes home, "Mom, x had y in his lunch box today. Doesn't his mom realize how awful the Red #40 (or insert other additive) in that is bad for x?"

Today is the last day of the year in Australia, and I must say I feel like crap! After reading the last 20 or so posts on here, I know fully understand why!! I have been indulging in crappy eating and my body is saying "enough already!!" - I did a Whole30 successfully in November and part of December and I have gone off the rails over the holidays. It's not ME or my MIND that is feeling yucky and down and flat - it's the stuff I've been putting into my body!!

I suffer from anxiety and low moods, and I felt amazingly good on the Whole30 - even though I am also medicated. I couldn't figure out why I was starting to feel so flat and low again... But reading this forum has totally set the light bulb off in my mind!!!!

It's all about the FOOD!!

I HAVE to commit myself to this again and make it how I live my life.... Or else I may just find that my life will start feeling all a bit too dull again!!

Roll on January 1 - I'm ready for you!!!!

This is EXACTLY how I feel CFHolly

Archived