100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm Heather and on Day 2. I'm in for the Whole100. This is my first time with W30, but I have completed other programs in the past, most recently Eat to Live, which absolutely wreaked havoc on my gut. I am more than happy to cut out the beans and not have to eat soooo many raw veggies!

I am 43 years old and completed my first Half-Ironman last year, after which I had difficulty remaining consistent in training or eating. Who am I kidding? I had trouble with consistency during training, too, which I think negatively impacted my race time. I am beginning training again Jan 6 for another HIM, and to help with training and racing season, I am committed to eating clean. This challenge will help.

I am a mother of 2 (6 and 10) and live with my husband and kids in Flagstaff. The fam will not be participating, but they are supportive and will likely clean up their diets a bit, as well.

I spent time over the past week reading ISWF and Well Fed; making mayo, almond milk, and hard-boiled eggs; shopping; and mentally prepping myself. I'm grateful for all the posts and wisdom on this site! Here's to the next W99!

btw - would it be easier to follow this post if each day someone threw up a new post (whole100 day __) so people could just check in if they wanted to? I think this post is going to get super long. just a thought.

I think this is a great idea. If there are 50 of us (just guessing) posting every day, that could get intense!

I'll go put up a for-today "100 Days of Awesome" group log right now -- going to mark it by the date as calculated by US Central time, since that's where I am. ;) I know we have people starting 1/1 and 1/2 at least, so I think marking it by the day count could be confusing... but would also be very satisfying, to see those numbers increase. No doubt we will all figure it out. :)

Going out on a limb here to start a new group log for today, as suggested by Jtandi. I like, personally, how this overlaps with the advice one hears so often with regard to difficult things: Take it one day at a time.

With that said, this is the morning of Day 1 for me, and I am apparently already dreaming about off-plan food! How is this possible? :wacko: I can't think of the last time I had a dream that involved food, just in general. Moreover, in my dream I knew I was eating off-plan foods (jam on toast and chicken sausage, out at a restaurant with my Dad) and had the thought, "It's Day 1 and I'm already going to have to start over!"

That wasn't the most encouraging way ever to wake up, but hey, I hadn't even thought about having to tell my Dad that we probably can't go out on our spur-of-the-moment lunches for a month, so that's valuable.

What I really want to share, though, is that when I was brushing my teeth, a mantra I learned from one of my teachers popped into my head. I think I may try to say it every morning before I eat or drink anything, and if I can get it coupled with the act of brushing my teeth, all the better. :)

"I dare to dwell in beauty, balance, and delight.

I dare to see with clear eyes and an open heart."

Let's have a good day!

Hi all, day one for me, feeling positive and very well prepped! the fridge and freezer are well stocked, soups and lunches made for the next few days, mayo made, purple cabbage sauerkraut prepared and jarred ready to ferment, lots of iced fruit and herb teas chilling in the fridge. Didn't bother with breakfast as was not at all hungry, lunch was Bubble and Squeak, made with leftover lamb and veggies from yesterdays roast (spud free), threw in a few herbs and garlic, yumm! so good considering it was just fried leftovers! Dinner will be Egyptian chicken, with rainbow salad and guacamole. Have a slight cold at the moment, and my skin is not at its best after the festive period of naughties, and my digestion is sluggish, so I am so ready for this! Best of luck everyone, look forward to sharing these awesome 100 days and beyond with you all x

I started 1/1 on "100 Days". Today's breakfast was an epic fail! I prepackaged (on Sunday) diced mushrooms, tomatoes, spring onions and fresh cilantro and planned on tossing it all together with my hard boiled eggs. Well, I've learned that I will NOT prepackage things like that with tomatoes. The diced tomatoes made the mixture all watery before I added the eggs and I just couldn't get passed it. Lesson learned. I'll just get up extra early to scramble the eggs with freshly chopped ingredients.

Day 2 or BUST!

Good Morning All!

Day 1 completed successfully but not without a little pain.

I expected it but not so quickly. I ate beautifully all day, drank lots of water and slept 7 hours but fitfully.

Late afternoon produced a mother of a headache that would not go away. Detox you say? LOL!

I woke this morning feeling clearer and less swollen. My body did not hurt. I love that I can feel these changes in 1 day and it excites me no end. Imagine what day 100 will be like!? Woo hoo!

I ate a spinach and egg scramble for breakfast with a small apple. Drinking LOADS of water and simply putting 1 foot in front of the other. I'll eat my leftover chicken lo mein & curried turkey veggies soup for lunch today and salmon for dinner tonight. Yummmm!!

Wishing you all a fantasic day, wherever you are in the scheme of things.

On to conquer day 2!

Anyone in the Chicago area (near Evanston?) want to buddy up? I am a 52 year old female. If you think we might match up in encouraging each other, let me know.

best,

Linda

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin

Hey, good idea on a daily thread. Maybe whoever gets here 1st can start it for the day.

So far so good at 8 a.m., haha. Just had 2 eggs, a burger patty, sautéed zucchini and some raw kraut. I'm allowing myself to go a bit heavier on fat and protein this 1st couple of weeks while I acclimate. After all, we have 100 days, might as well set myself up for success.

Back to work today!

It's my dinner time and probably lunch time for the rest of you. I have been eating this way a long time now, so the only real change for me this time around is that I'm going to do it nut free (for at least 30 days) and I've cut out my beloved coffee cream. I'm doing pretty okay with just black coffee.

Tonight for dinner I'm having chicken fingers cooked in coconut flour, mango salsa and roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon.

Hope everybody has a great day 2 without too many detox headaches!

Hi all!

Day 2 is in full swing. Yesterday went well, although I keep feeling like I'm going to forget that I'm doing this and pop something in my mouth that shouldn't be in there! Yesterday and today I had my yummy breakfast salad (lettuce and greens with 1/2 avocado, grape tomatoes, 3 warm hard boiled eggs, evoo, and balsamic vinegar). Yesterday's lunch was a burger and broccoli and cauliflower sauteed in the same pan. Dinner was a little late and hurried, so just a can of tuna with 1/2 avocado, 1 hard boiled egg, and a handful of tomatoes. I'll do better with fuller meals today now that my weekly box of organic stuff has arrived. This week I'm going to try to make a pork loin for the first time. Yike!

Feeling good and no headache yesterday or today. Yay!

One quick note to TurqoiseTiger -- it's good for your metabolism if you can try to eat a little something for breakfast, even if you're not hungry. It preps your body for the day and helps with hormone regulation. (I know there's something about this in ISWF, but I don't have it on hand at the moment, sorry!)

Happy Wednesday!!

Tami

Day 2! Day one:

M1: eggs and butternut squash

M2: Turkey meatloaf and veggie frittata.

Terrific-- I had my kids for New Years brunch and they devoured the whole thing!

Afternoon: went to New Years open house. Great looking food. I ate nothing. Drank club soda. Did slot if talking. Woohoo to me!

M3: sausage and peppers and sweet potato.

Great Day 1.

Oh, I like the daily thread idea. I'll probably never be the one to start it, since my time zone puts me at the end of the world, so to speak (a full day behind the folks in Australia, for instance, and 6 hours behind the east coast U.S.). But yeah.

I'm now on Day about 2 1/2ish, having determined in the middle of a day a couple of days ago that I just really had to start NOW. I'm so glad I did. I have finally begun to regain balance in my emotions and a feeling of health in my bones. Eating off plan for a week was enough to do things to my system that reminded me why I want this to be a Whole100.

To early to eat here yet, I'm still waiting for my thyroid medicine to kick in (have to wait 1-1 1/2 hours after taking to eat). But I congratulate all who have made it all the way or most of the way through their first day!!

Where are you guys posting your logs?

This is the log (I think) and the whole group uses it. You could write everything you want here. You could also start your own personal one and write on that one. I'm not really keeping a personal log anywhere. I am using a free app on my iPad for journaling everyday so that I can keep track of what I'm eating.

Dinner will be Egyptian chicken, with rainbow salad and guacamole. x

what's Egyptian chicken? sounds yum!

I am sitting dow to eat my lunch and my salt says it has an anti-caking agent in it...so I'm assuming it's going to get thrown out, right? guess I won't have salt on my beets for lunch. luckily I have some mango salsa for my chicken.

my daughter has a playdate today and her mom brought over a bunch of food. I was SO tempted to eat, excused myself (my mom was there, too), and went and ate my lunch. small victories here, right? I'm also contemplating working out today. I feel so tired, I know from my withdrawls from sugar/soda/etc but also because I worked the last two days and we were super busy. hm....

thanks for starting the daily thread, I agree, I won't ever start it (I think) since I'm in California, so maybe whoever gets on first, if they don't see one, can just start it.

off to trade in my beets for some saurkraut with my chicken! and then to the store to get new salt! :)

Egyptian chicken, Its dead simple but really tasty, chopped handfull each of fresh mint and fresh flat leaf parsley, (or any herb you fancy), juice of 1 lemon, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 3 tbs oil of choice, seasoning, mix the marinade and pour over slashed chicken on the bone, roast til crispy and gorgeous!! I did once blitz the marinade so it was more like a salsa verde, but for some reason it wasn't as tasty as the rough chopped marinade, my boys demand this every week! easy peasy, you must try it.

Archived