100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

I like the idea of a separate log or each day. There are heaps of us, hey!!

I'm beginning my Day 3 (Australia) and am feeling good. Bit tired but that us due to my increased Crossfit training load in preparation for the Crossfit Games Open, beginning in March.

No food issues thus far - and I'm loving all the awesome ideas you all have for meals!! I get hungry just reading it all!!

Charge forward - whichever Day you are on!

We've got this!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2

Okay, this is pretty good having your life partner do whole100 with you! Wow, he is a pillar of self control. Good to have around!

M1 eggs and peppers

M2 pork chop and acorn squash

M3 burger pattie and peas and spinach

1 apple (me)

3 c tea

I need to research the mayo recipe as it sounds great.

Been flipping through my Indian cookbook and found many recipes that are compliant. I'll try a few out and post the REALLY good ones. :-)

Full steam ahead!

At the end of Day 2! Hooray! Actually, I'm grumpy (probably more life related but my hormones may not be helping) and I have a headache (I'm attempting to give up coffee, or at least have a long break from it). A daily thread is a great idea! I know from past W30s that the next few days for me are often the roughest... transitional days. But it feels good to be cooking and not beating myself up about food again! :)

Day 2 is not going great - but it's ok. I didn't sleep well last night and slept in a bit . Missed breakfast and had a late lunch - leftover beef soup. I think the bone broth will help me get it together. Enjoying some ginger tea and planning leftover turkey and veg for dinner. My sleep pattern seems to have gotten off track over the holidays and needs to be fixed - setting my alarm for 9 tonight to remind me to start slowing down and get ready to sleep - lol

Day 2 is going great thus far! M1 was 2 c. of coffee with coconut milk; eggs and spinach cooked in coconut oil; M2 was Applegate roast beef, butternut squash, fresh green beans, and a homemade fruit and nut bar. I have a workout tonight, then dinner. Not sure what yet, but it will be compliant! I boiled some shrimp before leaving the house today, so it may be a shrimp salad! Yum!

Day 2 is my day 1 (I was in the airport yesterday and it didn't seem like a great time to start). I got home from a 10-day holiday trip at 2 this morning. After catching up on some sleep, I got up and went out to the kitchen to look for my first Whole 30 compliant meal. I opened the fridge. Mournful western music played and a tumbleweed rolled across the sparkly-clean interior. It looked like a bad caricature of a man-fridge in there: Bottled sauerkraut, almond butter, Thai curry paste, and beer. A few hardy beets in the vegetable drawer. And eggs. Nature's most perfect food, unharmed by their 10-day sojourn in their little shells. So I ate them and then spent the day shopping and cooking so I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow.

• Breakfast: scrambled eggs, raw sauerkraut
  • Lunch: smoked chicken wings, avocado, grapefruit
  • Snack: one lonely chicken liver from inside the bird I was roasting
  • Dinner: Rogan Josh, beet/pepper/snap pea salad

I have made it through 2 very busy days of my W30!! Driving home, I found a place that sells Bison and Elk, so I picked up some. Just did a quick cook-up of a pound of Bison with fresh veggies for my dinner tonight and lunch for next 2 days of work. Boiled eggs for my breakfast salads ( I LOVE salads for breakfast) and am not going to try and relax before going to work tomorrow at 0500. Despite my headache being off and on all day, I managed to keep to the program!

Here's to Day 3 tomrrow!!! Thanks for all the information and support everyone!!

Am still recovering from a kidney stone episode--so my Day 2 is rocky. Nothing non-compliant...just can't stomach eating much at all. Anyone else here get stones occasionally (not from W30 just as a part of life) and have any suggestions?

Hoping tomorrow will be better and that I can eat 3 normal W30 meals. :)

Cheers!

Well, even though I started yesterday, I decided I'd post here and be a part of the group :) I finished a W30 last September and loved the changes I saw in both my mind and body. I continued in a more 'relaxed' way (wine and things that might have low sugar) which led to major sugar this past month. So I'm really excited to get back on track in every way - feeling better physically, mentally and medically. Hubby is doing it with me, but not sure if he'll hang on for 100 days. That will fall right around our 25th anniversary, so it's kind of a good incentive :)

Today was my Day 2 and the no caffeine/no sugar headache came on full bore today :( Like others, I'd rather do almost anything than write down a food log, but I want to participate with everyone, so I may surprise myself!

My goals - finally slay the sugar monster once and for all, and continue my ever-improving relationship with food. I've lost over 100 lbs in the past couple of years with different food modifications and detours along the way. The W30 just helps to reinforce all of the good choices I've made and will continue to make. It reminds. I wouldn't mind loosing 10-20 more, but it's not my primary motivation. Someone else mentioned adding no nuts for this W30 and that really resonated with me - the fact that idea of that was so scary says it all! So I'm going to work on greatly reducing my nut consumption. Good luck to everyone!

My last 2 Whole30s left me a little uninspired in the kitchen. I was the one that never had the energy eating that way. Since then, though, I've gotten to the root of a deficiency and am supplementing to provide me with more energy, and I'm feeling much more energetic when it comes to time in the kitchen! Granted, it's only day 2...

Meal 1: my standard sweet potato hash w/ground beef, onion, and coconut oil

Snack: small banana

Meal 2: seasoned chicken legs w/frozen veggies (threw that one together pretty quick)

Snack: handful of grapes

Dinner: Despite my little fiasco with homemade mayo yesterday (I used ACV in lieu of lemon due to citrus intolerance - has a funky taste), I was able to use it in two different salads - chicken/egg/celery and chicken/apple/nuts/celery/raisins. The egg one turned out fab - you can't even taste the funk! A combination of the two was my dinner.

Just plopped a pork shoulder in the slow-cooker with some veggies and will wake up to awesomeness tomorrow morning, which will also be my lunch for tomorrow!

Day 2... I have been eating this way for a little while, so the daytime even dinner are not a problem. Removing my late night chocolate is the problem.

Feeling irritated today, the first time I did a whole 30 I failed to quit smoking(which maybe means my whole30 didn't count). I had much stress and wasn't ready. This time, I am ready to get healthy!! So I stopped smoking today and without the chocolate/nicotine, I'm a little uneasy:). I almost feel lonely or something.

I guess the good news its its8pm and I had:

3 hard boiled eggs and broccoli for breakfast

Homemade chicken salad and a super greens salad for lunch

Stopped smoking at 1pm

Ate tilapia,mushrooms,tomatoes,kale and a sweet potatoe for dinner

Made some homemade Mac nut butter and had 2 tbsp+ an apple to get me here.

Made it!! Day 2 is a success!!

Jtandi,

Thank you! It is tough. Cold turkeys the only way. I appreciate any encouragement I can get....I feel a little like I have a devil and an angel bickering about it:). I'm in this though...super excited to make some positive changes.

Thanks again!

ROUGH day. First day back at work after a crushing flu and either work or clean eating gave me a ginormous headache. Was thisclose to cheating several times today just for some reprieve but held strong. Am crutching on fruits though so I'll have to deal with that at some point. So...yay?

Rough day today...not food wise though. I went to the gym for a workout and brought along "It Starts With Food" so I could start re-reading it. At the end of my workout, another patron on the treadmill next to me made a comment about the book. He apparently didn't know the context of the book because he looked at me and said, "You don't need to lose weight. You're too thin. You need to gain weight. If we all ate right all the time, we wouldn't have to be doing any of this." (meaning we wouldn't have to work out).

I'm assuming he didn't mean anything bad with his comment, but he made an assumption about me without knowing anything about me. I'm a 34 year old stay-at-home mother with 2 boys. Yes, I am thin. I'm 5' 11" and 145lbs. However, I wasn't always thin. 15 years ago as a sophomore in college, I weighed 245lbs. I had issues with both body image and eating. Food was my comfort for anything that I became emotional about. And I've always been very emotional/self-conscious about my weight. When I went Paleo and first read "It Starts With Food" 4 months ago, I became more aware that it's not about how I look, it's about what I put into my body to make it feel it's best. And I've felt so much better in the past 4 months than I've felt in a long time! The comment I got yesterday about needing to put on weight brought back all of the feeling of being overweight. I was picked on constantly and told that I needed to lose weight. Having someone tell me the opposite made me feel bad about my body again, and I wanted to eat. I almost dug into the kids holiday candy because I knew it would satisfy my emotional state. But I didn't. I know that I'm better today than I used to be, and I don't need to turn to bad food to make myself feel better. Instead, I made lunch.....as awesome chicken salad and some spaghetti squash w/ avocado.

When my husband talked to me about it last night, I felt myself become very defensive. I've talked to him about my weight issues before, but I don't know if he'll ever really understand the emotions I dealt with growing up. Talking about it in this forum now, I find myself much more relaxed. I know that I'm not going to be judged, just supported in my efforts to heal my body from years of bad choices. Thank you again for starting this thread!!

Day 2... I have been eating this way for a little while, so the daytime even dinner are not a problem. Removing my late night chocolate is the problem.

Feeling irritated today, the first time I did a whole 30 I failed to quit smoking(which maybe means my whole30 didn't count). I had much stress and wasn't ready. This time, I am ready to get healthy!! So I stopped smoking today and without the chocolate/nicotine, I'm a little uneasy:). I almost feel lonely or something.

I guess the good news its its8pm and I had:

3 hard boiled eggs and broccoli for breakfast

Homemade chicken salad and a super greens salad for lunch

Stopped smoking at 1pm

Ate tilapia,mushrooms,tomatoes,kale and a sweet potatoe for dinner

Made some homemade Mac nut butter and had 2 tbsp+ an apple to get me here.

Made it!! Day 2 is a success!!

Wow Tina!!! Good for you! Taking on a whole 30 and quitting smoking is a huge challenge! I really wish you all the success you deserve. Don't feel lonely :) Maybe you could start a "quit smoking" thread and find others who are trying to do the same.

Thoughts? With so many food logs out there, it may be tricky to find a new one every day. Could we consider a weekly log instead? I typically go to my content every day, and a new daily log each day won't be there and I can guarantee I won't go looking for a new one every day. Every week is doable. Anyone else feel similar? I just want to keep getting inspired by everyone!

Day 5 today- I already have lots of energy this morning- yesterday I went back to bed after making DH breakfast- slept till 9 !! That is SO not me- he left half an hour ago and I have no desire to go back to bed !

Along with my Whole 100, I am committed to exercise every day. Last Whole30 I did not make exercise a priority, as I really wanted to focus on the eating and sleeping aspect, without trying too many commitments at once. Worked out great, but I am totally cool with incorporating exercise consistently this time. I have committed to walk one mile every day in January. I know that doesn't sound like anything to many, but it is more my goal to develop the mindset of doing SOMETHING every day, and something that does not require too much planning or thought. Jan 1 was 1 mile on the treadmill. Yesterday I ran a 5K and lifted weights, well aware that all I HAD to do was walk 1 mile. I just felt really good, and up for it. I will see what today brings.As long as I get in my 1 mile, I feel successful-and will have that positive feeling I need to continue. The bar is kinda low, but at least it's there !

Food has been going great-I have prepped ALOT for the next several days-and having things ready makes such a difference !

have a great day !!!

Man, I hate to be a downer, but my Day 1 did not go well (nothing drastic, but not great) and I am thinking of rebooting. At least I would only lose 1 day, and that would have me finishing on Feb 1, which is no bad thing when lined up with my personal calendar. Next time I do this, I'm going to cook way more food ahead of time so that I have known quantities to work with.

I had soup that my housemate made from scratch at both breakfast and lunch, which was very good... but I'm not 100% confident that the ham she used in the soup didn't involve sugar, since so many hams do. And then at dinner I forgot that butter in its regular form is not on-plan! I didn't have much -- but I put it on my broccoli without even thinking twice. Argh. :(

Clearly, I need to find something new to put on steamed veg. Or to clarify some butter so that I can address the same desire (steamed veg + melted fat) without going off-plan to do it.

I'm really glad to see so many people having success! Way to go, y'all. :)

I'm late to the dance, as usual, but had some observations to share from some of what I've read here. Had a bad night's sleep, so exhausted all day (read my personal blog for details).

Nina: IMHO, kidney stones are not a part of life, they are a direct result of unhealthy eating. Some factors are not drinking enough fluids, refined sugars, certain juices and cola drinks, HFCS, and 'oxalates' (the incomplete oxydation of carbohydrates). I think following this WOE may fix the problem.

Tina: Congrats! I quit 12 years ago. The physical withdrawal is over in 72 hours. After that it's a mental game. Stay strong.

Amy: Great job on avoiding the candy. Part of this journey for many of us is in not letting other people define us. I kind of feel sorry for the guy at the gym. He is looking at exercise not as an enjoyable lifelong routine to maintain health, but as some sort of punishment for past dietary indiscretions. Sadly, he will probably remain on this cycle forever, like the people who don't choose a way of eating, but instead look at diets as something to jump on to get a result, and then abandon for their bad, old habits once it's over. He saw you as someone who had already gotten there, and couldn't understand there are other reasons for working out.

Karen, I think with 40-50 people, finding your place in a weekly log would be cumbersome. As long as everyone starts the new daily with "100 Days of Awesome" followed by the date, we should be fine. And the most recently discussed remain on top, so we should always be up there, just by how many people post.

Archived