Starting November 27, 2017!

Ejanecek83

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve had extreme itching lately. I went to my third doctor yesterday. He did a blood test because he thinks I have a good allergy. This will be my second round but I didn’t do a good job of reintroduction last February/March. I’m reallt hoping this round of W30 will help me figure out what is causing all the inflammation in my body.

I'm excited to be joining everyone! 

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam and I am starting my "Whole 30" Monday the 27th. I have a baby boy coming in March and I plan to change some of my eating habits before then and be as healthy as possible. 

Hoping checking in and support from this forum could help.

Thanks a lot!

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam P said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam and I am starting my "Whole 30" Monday the 27th. I have a baby boy coming in March and I plan to change some of my eating habits before then and be as healthy as possible. 

Hoping checking in and support from this forum could help.

Thanks a lot!

Adam

Congrats! Perfect time to change the habits and teach your child from the beginning of life about a healthy lifestyle. 

I recommend signing up for the Whole30 daily emails. They have a lot of great information and a lot of encouragement. It is really worth the $14.95. There is also a button at the end to click that states you completed the day for all the Type A people:)

I meal prepped a few meals today to get me through the day tomorrow. I am ready for bed now:)

I made plank smoked bacon wrapped chicken with pineapple from the W30 cookbook and page 156. I also made salmon cakes, grilled chicken, boiled eggs and chopped veggies. I need to do a few more things tomorrow night but this is sufficient to get me through day 1. I will make ghee tomorrow. It is much easier than it sounds. I recommend it making your own.

What is everyone else meal prepping?

I'm so excited we're going to be rooting each other on during this process! I'm doing the Whole30 because I've had such an unhealthy relationship with food my whole life. From not eating enough to eating too much. So I'm jumping in to Whole30 to get me on track and create a better relationship with food! I've been vegetarian for almost 15 years but have decided to incorporate fish and chicken while I do the Whole30... Gah! Cross your fingers I don't get sick :)! 

I'm using the Real Plans app (trying the month to see if I like it). It's pretty helpful setting up my week for me and telling me exactly what to buy. 

So! For food this week: I've prepped meals for tomorrow... Breakfast is a kale frittata and lunch is a shrimp and cucumber salad. Wanted to prep dinner (balsamic roasted chicken with cauliflower mash) but I forgot to thaw the meat... Oops!

Good luck, every one!!

1 hour ago, a.keen said:
2 hours ago, Ejanecek83 said:

how do you make ghee?? I couldn't find it at the store! 

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/15235810877/diy-ghee

or just Google whichever way you’d like to make it! I think there’s a recipe in the Whole30 book?

I also just found out they sell it at Trader Joe’s for less than $3 a jar. I’ve been meaning to check that out. 

Hello all,

Day 1.  I had roasted sweet potatoes and apples for breakfast and Macha green tea.  I am taking a break from coffee during this.  I am also going to go minimal on eggs.  Wish me luck!!  I prepped by roasted a ton of veggies, sweet potatoes and plantains.  I will cook up some ground turkey this evening for dinners this week.  I hope I can finish this strong.  Good luck all.  

-Julie  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JulesR said:

Hello all,

Day 1.  I had roasted sweet potatoes and apples for breakfast and Macha green tea.  I am taking a break from coffee during this.  I am also going to go minimal on eggs.  Wish me luck!!  I prepped by roasted a ton of veggies, sweet potatoes and plantains.  I will cook up some ground turkey this evening for dinners this week.  I hope I can finish this strong.  Good luck all.  

-Julie  

Keep in mind that for best results, it's recommended to make all your meals meet the meal template (you can download it and other helpful items here:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/). You don't have to have eggs for breakfast, you could season ground turkey or chicken like a breakfast sausage and have that, or have salmon cakes (here's a good recipe:  http://meljoulwan.com/2014/11/10/oven-fried-salmon-cakes/), or leftovers from the night before. Vegetables are definitely important, and you should be having more of them than anything else, but the protein and fat the meal template mentions will help keep you full between meals so you don't need to snack.

Hello!  I'm started on this WHOLE30 as well today!   I run a busy busy busy life (I'm sure you all do!) !!    I'm on the run and travel a lot so hoping I can do more to pre-plan.  My hubby is thinking of jumping on board as well.  Nervous about it as we all know how men do with weight loss versus women!!  I love that we can plan the meals together if we are traveling or in the same state!

Did some grocery shopping yesterday but more shopping in detail today.  As well, will order online all my Special Ingredients... salad dressing, etc.

Happy Monday!

Good afternoon. Just wanted to say hi and that I started my whole 30 for the second time today. I had such good results last time (march I think) but I didn't properly reintroduce anything and it has gone down hill from there. So here goes round two.

we made it through day 1! How does everyone feel? How did it go?

meal 1: salmon cakes and raw veggies with guacamole, black tea 

meal 2: prosciutto wrapped chicken with pineapple (Pg 156 of W30 cookbook), steamed broccoli with ghee, almonds

meal 3: grilled chicken on eggplant with spinach and red peppers, red potatoes with ghee and Himalayan salt

A lot of water!!

what did everyone else have? I love new ideas!

Day 2! Let’s do this! Is anyone getting the Whole30 daily emails? I love how they arrive before I wake up.

it will be difficult for me not to want to weigh myself every morning while eating so healthy. I’m addicted to the scale when trying to change my lifestyle. It is just so much fun watching the numbers go down! I want to focus on how I feel after making these changes and all the non-scale victories. 

Day 1 was good for me but I was so tired by the end of the day I went to bed at 8:45 which would have been awesome if my son didn't wake up at 2:45am. Anyways I feel ready to take on Day 2. Tiny bonus NSV is that I can put my wedding ring on today and it has been a few weeks since I could. So looks like the bloating in my fingers went down.

Yesterday I had

Meal 1: Potato, Kale, and Egg Quiche type thing I made. With a handful of baby carrots, 1/2 an avocado and a tomato. Cup of black coffee

Meal 2: Homemade Veggie and Chicken Soup with a pint jar of salad and veggies topped with 1/2 avocado & Oil & Vinegar

Meal 3: Roasted Pork, Frozen mixed veggies and a small salad.

Tons of water all day.

Archived