Starting November 27, 2017!

Ejanecek83

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m tired today! Maybe it is from the cold I’ve had all weekend and maybe it is from the diet change:) 

meal 1: fried eggs, salmon cakes, black tea

mral 2: shepherds pie with ground turkey, a ton of veggies, compliant homemade cream of mushroom soup, mashed cauliflower/sweet potatoes on top, almonds, pineapple

meal 3: broccoli, red potatoes with ghee,    Salmon cake

13 hours ago, Ejanecek83 said:

Day 2! Let’s do this! Is anyone getting the Whole30 daily emails? I love how they arrive before I wake up.

it will be difficult for me not to want to weigh myself every morning while eating so healthy. I’m addicted to the scale when trying to change my lifestyle. It is just so much fun watching the numbers go down! I want to focus on how I feel after making these changes and all the non-scale victories. 

not getting the emails... is it worth it? should i sign up?

Day 2! Good job everyone!! I'm so happy we're all here to talk about our experience... SO helpful. Tonight I'm prepping my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow:

Deviled eggs for breakfast and cajun chicken lettuce wraps for lunch. Dinner will be chicken masala with cauliflower rice.

Hope everyone is feeling good!

Day 3!! Melissa says this is one of the toughest days. 

Goid news: this too shall pass! 

We can do it!

I’m hosting a book club tonigh. I just want to stay home and meal prep so I don’t feel stressed and fall off the wagon this week. Life probs....

It is so true that Day 3 is hard. Woke up and hit the gym as usual, but I was feeling extra sluggish! Here is my plan for today:

Preworkout/postwork out snack: 1 boiled egg/ banana with almond butter

Meal one: egg frittata with tomatoes and spinach, half grapefruit, and ginger tea

Meal two: burger with mashed avocado and homemade pico, brussel sprout salad

Meal three: yet to figure this out, but I have all day. Ground turkey recipe?? Sounds delish

GOOD LUCK TODAY EVERYONE! We can do this.

how does everyone feel today?

I was very tired. I stayed home from book club so I could meal prep. I made this delicious beef Phô! I altered it a little bit to my liking but I recommend it! I used fennel as a substitute for anise, as I couldn’t find it.

https://thealmondeater.com/2016/12/paleo-beef-pho/

Share your recipes! I love new ideas! 

97B8E63B-1751-4E38-9BF9-AEF146260781.jpeg

Day 4! Keep walking by those donuts at the office. Close your eyes and keep walking... they’re disgusting anyway, right?! Lol  don’t let the sugar dragon get you!

yesterday at work I heard someone say there were cookies in the break room. I immediately took a detour to go look at them. I just had to sneak a peek! Then I slowly backed away...let’s just all walk away! 

Day 4 is here and I am ready. I hit the gym this morning and felt stronger than yesterday. Hoping my body is starting to adjust a bit. Be strong today!

@Ejanecek83 thank you for sharing that recipe. It looked delicious. I made the tomato and spinach frittata from the Whole 30 book and added some  chicken apple sausage. Delicious! I would definitely recommend it for a bit of a treat. Definitely not a great everyday option (higher sodium and fat), but great for a little extra motivation.

IMG_1819.JPG

@a.keen I’ve started many whole30s and slipped up. Unfortunately, you have to start over. I think the hat approach is to keep going then add five days to the end. Then it doesn’t feel like you slipped up and started over. It just feels like you are continuing and adding some days for good measure. It’s all psychological for me:)

Yesterday I had a migraine after work. I haven’t had one in years. I wonder what’s up with that? 

Todat is day 6! @Missmolly222 I also realized how much my weekend revolves around food. I need to start making plans with my friends such as kayaking or other activities that don’t involve food. It seems as though I attach getting food with every plan, even let’s get food or drinks after kayaking. I need to break that cycle.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

9 minutes ago, Ejanecek83 said:

Yesterday I had a migraine after work. I haven’t had one in years. I wonder what’s up with that?

Have you started eating any new foods or spices since starting W30?  Some people in my life have food triggers for migraines.

Any recent changes in the work environment?  I had a period of about 18 months where I was being rushed to the hospital with TIA symptoms (mini stroke), sometimes requiring multi day hospitalization & testing.  Relatively fit and no health issues, eventually diagnosed as migraine.  The trigger - the workplace, a busy / stressing environment.  I could sense my physiology changing entering the building.

Speaking of stress, it doesn't have to be blaringly obvious...even something as little as changing your eating pattern.  ~ food for thought...

Hello all, I am excited to report that I made it to Saturday with no cheats.  I am actually liking my coffee without stevia, is that weird?  I blend it with some coconut oil and it froths up nicely, so good.  I did find around Day 3 I was very tired.  I pushed through and worked out and felt much better after a sweat session. I am determined to make it to the end of this.  Thank you all for your support.  What is everyone doing for breakfast that is egg free and easy?  I like something warm, a cold smoothie just feels weird in the morning.  

Julie 

46 minutes ago, JulesR said:

Hello all, I am excited to report that I made it to Saturday with no cheats.  I am actually liking my coffee without stevia, is that weird?  I blend it with some coconut oil and it froths up nicely, so good.  I did find around Day 3 I was very tired.  I pushed through and worked out and felt much better after a sweat session. I am determined to make it to the end of this.  Thank you all for your support.  What is everyone doing for breakfast that is egg free and easy?  I like something warm, a cold smoothie just feels weird in the morning.  

Julie 

I haven't tried it yet but I plan to make the pork sausage from the Whole30 book with any kind of vegetables and have that for breakfast if I need a break from eggs. But so far I'm good with eggs everyday I just always make them different so I don't get bored. 

@T2Andrew I have not had any new foods that I can remember but my doctor does think I’m possibly having food allergies of some sort (prior to W30). I’m seeing an allergist on the 11th.

i do feel the stress tension in my neck from work. I am probably overwhelmed at times. 

Are you doing better now? What changes did you make?

thank you for your response:)

Archived