Getting Healthy - 11/25 start

Luv_hikin

My husband and I have decided we need to get healthy. We have several friends at church who have gone through whole30 with great success. We are a busy professional couple with a pack of kids and lots of activities. It’s so easy to make poor food choices with a busy schudule and readily accessible fast food. We don’t want a diet, we want a life change....so whole30 is part of the changes we are making.   Wish us luck. We would love any tips/encouragement or whole30 buddies. 

I discovered my first survival tip! If I'm not hungry I can brush of the cravings so easy. Today I kept craving some sugar.(didn't help that there is yummy sweet stuff all over my house still :'D) but I noticed everytime a craving hit my stomach was like I'm so full try again later. I used to eat one large meal at dinner and a small snack sized meal for brunch and that was pretty much it. But now having 3 big meals a day my stomach is full I go to bed not thinking about ice cream, and I wake up not starving with enough energy to go cook some eggs :). Hope this is helpful!

Great tip. I think I do the same thing. I spent the day Sunday making meals (and snacks for the week).  I started a FB page to share my story ... and hold myself accountable! Little nervous to have my stuff out there, but I always do my best when I’m held accountable.  Stay Strong!!! 

Archived