New Whole30 Day by Day handbook

RunGirlRun

• Moderators

Here's a link to all the books and which one you might be interested in based on what it contains

https://whole30.com/2017/11/which-whole30-book/

The Day by Day journal would be different content than the Daily email however obviously the same topics would be covered as the whole30 is a specific thing with specific rules, recommendations etc

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, ldmd said:

I can’t seem to find a place on the website to subscribe to the Whole30 Daily. Is it still available and can I also gift it to a friend?

I've sent an email asking about if it's still available -- as far as I know, it is, but it is odd that there's not a link that I see on the Whole30 home page anymore. If you want to ask for yourself to get an answer more quickly, you can email [email protected].

2 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Specifically how did you find that? It no longer appears to be linked on the Whole30.com website. Where did you click to get it? Or you just already knew where it was?

Look like they need to make it redirect to https://whole30.com/daybyday/ since it's linked a few places across the web: https://checker.monitorbacklinks.com/seo-tools/free-backlink-checker/daily.whole30.com

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Specifically how did you find that? It no longer appears to be linked on the Whole30.com website. Where did you click to get it? Or you just already knew where it was?

I clicked on the whole30 header between 'books' and 'whole30 Approved  from the forum view and it's listed there

Many thanks to everyone (even mods who couldn't find it - that made me feel better), and to SugarcubeOD for pointing it out on the menu in Forums but apparently not on the main site.  I wonder if Day by Day means the Daily will disappear totally. I've been wishing it would be updated but the book makes that less likely.

• 2 weeks later...

I used both the Whole30 Daily Newsletters and the Day by Day Workbook for my December W30 and would definitely recommend both if at all possible.  I found it inspirational to wake up to a new encouraging email every morning tailored to the day (including links to articles and recipes) and also loved the ability to journal in the workbook throughout each day.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Drnana said:

I tried to sign up for the newsletter but it says that it is not accepting new subscribers. Does anyone know if this is permanent or how to get access?

The daily emails are phased out in light of the day by day book which covers everything more thoroughly and is similarly priced.

• 1 month later...

I started using the Day by Day journal, and love that it combines the email encouragement with other info in one journal book. But then had to start over  :-(. Does anyone have any ideas on how to start over while still using the journal book? It only goes Day 1- Day 30 so unless you do it perfectly the first time, it's hard to know how to use it. I temporarily glued copies of the log pages over the pages I'd written in. But this isn't a good solution. Any ideas anyone?

On 1/24/2018 at 5:58 AM, ladyshanny said:

The daily emails are phased out in light of the day by day book which covers everything more thoroughly and is similarly priced.

I'm sorry to hear the 30 day Daily Emails package is going away. Although they had so much information I didn't read all of it, I enjoyed seeing each one pop up daily and loved checking off at the end of the day. The cheering squad that popped up after saying you'd done another day successfully always made me smile and feel "YES I did it!". Some of the entertaining videos that accompanied it made me laugh out loud. That alone was worth the entire set of daily emails. I wish it could be automated so that it would be easier for them to send it out.  The journal has most of the info, but nowhere near as much as the emails. I hope they bring them back and set it up so you can start from scratch with the emails if you have to start over.

On 3/8/2018 at 5:04 PM, FitAndFabForever said:

I started using the Day by Day journal, and love that it combines the email encouragement with other info in one journal book. But then had to start over  :-(. Does anyone have any ideas on how to start over while still using the journal book? It only goes Day 1- Day 30 so unless you do it perfectly the first time, it's hard to know how to use it. I temporarily glued copies of the log pages over the pages I'd written in. But this isn't a good solution. Any ideas anyone?

We are having the same issue. Two weeks writing every single day then Mardi Gras. (Sad face)

• 2 months later...

So glad i purchased this Whole30 Day by Day book, it really helped me focus on the whole30 plan! I recaamend this for anyone starting this, or getting started on Whole30 a second time!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am hoping other users of a staff member can help me. I just received 3 new Whole 30 Day by Day Planners from Amazon.ca today. I have already purchased 5 previously and love using them.  

The 3 new ones are of HORRID quality. I am going to return them to Amazon. My caregiver went to Chapters to see if the problem was isolated to Amazon. It is not. Chapters had 2 in stock. One was the original style and the other was the new downgraded style. 

1. The new book is bound differently. (The original binding is more flexible, making it much easier to use . The content pages separate from the cover when flexed.) 

2. The new books have no red ribbon bookmark. (There is no bookmark at all.)

3. The new paper is very cheap and thin..like newsprint.

4. The new cover paper is not glossy like the original and the print colors are faded.

Has anyone else encountered these 2 different styles? They both have the same identification number and bar code, so book sellers don't know to mark it as a different version.

I really just wanted to know if this change was authorized by Whole 30. I am not sure how these things work. Perhaps the publisher can make changes to save money without the authors permission.

Thank you to anyone who has any information or similar experience to share.

Best,

Deb

2 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Hey there!

I'll send your post to our administrator who can follow up directly with Melissa and her team.

Thank you so much. I appreciate you reaching out for me. 

I am glad I had to find somewhere to ask for information about the book changes because now I have discovered this forum.

I don't get out of my condo much due to my chronic illness. I only see my caregiver. I was forced to move here from a small town to be closer to medical care. I have no living family or local friends period, never mind a support network that understands the Whole 30!

I am going to look around for a section here for social/emotional support!

Have a great evening,

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

Day By Day Kindle eBook Version 

Day By Day has a daily inspirational and motivational message from Melissa, so you feel as if she is speaking and coaching you personally each morning. It’s an awesome way to begin your mindfulness daily practice.

Additionally, the book is designed to be used daily to write your reflections about your Day By Day Whole30 progress and sadly, in the Kindle version, you can’t do this. At first I was disappointed. Since the idea was so good, and Melissa’s writing great, I decided to keep the eBook and figure out how I can use it. I developed a “template” that contains all the paragraph headings which are part of the daily exercise. Each day has the same reflection questions to help you reflect on that day.  During the day & at the end of the day, I complete that day’s exercise. I find journaling very helpful to my process when committing to a new eating lifestyle change. 

If anyone would like a copy of my template, reply to this review. Remember to put the format (Word, PDF, Pages, Mobi) so I can send you the appropriate template. I use Pages on my iPad, but i can export it in any of the formats listed above. 

The template is a one page document that you can put into your word processing software, then modify it to suit your needs. Once you are satisfied that the template is as you want it, copy & paste it into a new document, leaving your created template untouched. 

This was my process: After copying the template, I opened a new document. Then I pasted the first page. I then went to the end of that page to create a page break, then pasted the template again. I repeated this process until I had an initial document for the first seven days. As I completed the first 7 days, I repeated this process for the next week and continue to repeat it weekly. However, you can do this for all 30 days at one time.  Once pasted, I then changed the “X” on each page to reflect the appropriate date and day. 

I have both the Kindle eBook and my word processor on my iPad. Each morning I read Melissa’s inspiring messages in my Kindle app and during the day and at the end of the day, I fill in my reflections in Pages.

As I am learning in Mellisa’s Food Freedom Forever book, I am on a journey, hence I’ll be cycling thru the Whole30 process additional times - as I travel toward and live in food freedom always. The above process will allow me to journal over and over as I Whole30 again - can we use Whole30 as a verb? :) I am on Day 21 of my first Whole30 process and feeling fantastically healthy!

Hi Moderator!

I pasted my text for the above & thought it would automatically post in a smaller font. Please tell me how I can edit my post to change the font size.

Also, when I look at the Topics menu, my post has 20 replies. How can I read the replies?

Is there user documentation where I can find out about how to post in this forum - I don’t mean the rules of posting, but the technical issues of posting, like edit your post & how to see the replies associated with a post?

I don’t think my “template” infringes on copy write, but if it does, I’ll remove the reference to giving to anyone. Instead, I’ll just explain the process so that the Whole30ers can create their own “template” but again, I would need to edit my post.

What are the specific directions to view all of my posts?

Thanks, joan

• Moderators
17 hours ago, gethealthyjoan said:

Hi Moderator!

I pasted my text for the above & thought it would automatically post in a smaller font. Please tell me how I can edit my post to change the font size.

Also, when I look at the Topics menu, my post has 20 replies. How can I read the replies?

Is there user documentation where I can find out about how to post in this forum - I don’t mean the rules of posting, but the technical issues of posting, like edit your post & how to see the replies associated with a post?

I don’t think my “template” infringes on copy write, but if it does, I’ll remove the reference to giving to anyone. Instead, I’ll just explain the process so that the Whole30ers can create their own “template” but again, I would need to edit my post.

What are the specific directions to view all of my posts?

Thanks, joan

I can't change the text size on my iPad so another moderator might come along and do it.  You can only edit your own post for 15 min after posting at which time it becomes uneditable except by a moderator. 

It's not your post that has 20 replies, it's the thread you posted in so you'd just scroll up to read previous replies. When you get a response, you'll see a notification at the top right of the screen. You can edit your notifications (ie: what you want to be notifies of) in your profile. You can also see all your own posts in your profile which you can access from the top right of the screen. 

Pit would not be prudent to re-write a portion of the book and distribute it if that's what you were doing. I think most people just use a journal or notebook to journal along using the prompts from the kindle version. 

Hi! Thanks for the clarifications and the info. If I get any replies, I’ll mention the process I used, rather than send them my “template.”  I can be a little obsessive - your observation about journals or notebooks is rite-on. I’m used to using my iPad for everything, especially journaling.

Archived