Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe(s) Needed!

*KG

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, *KG said:

But are they all Whole30-approved? I read somewhere that Melissa warned that some claim to be but aren't.

Well you'd have to read through anything you find here or elsewhere for compliance... oftentimes you can just substitute an ingredient or leave it out entirely

3 hours ago, *KG said:

Does anyone know where I can find some good (and fairly easy) Whole30-approved slow cooker meals?

I just made a pot roast in the crockpot and it turned out wonderfully! I just mixed about a cup or cup and a half bone broth with a small can organic tomato paste and seasoned with herbs. Left all day on low. Turned out great! Will check back for more recipes!

Sugarcube, thx! Of course! If I read the ingredients, I`d know right away.

MissMolly, I did the pot roast, too, and I got that recipe from the Whole30 book itself. I would just like more. Online, there seems to be a lot with pork and I don`t est pork. I`d like to find some with chicken.

5 hours ago, *KG said:

Sugarcube, thx! Of course! If I read the ingredients, I`d know right away.

MissMolly, I did the pot roast, too, and I got that recipe from the Whole30 book itself. I would just like more. Online, there seems to be a lot with pork and I don`t est pork. I`d like to find some with chicken.

For chicken I usually put a package of breasts in and cover them with a compliant salsa and cook on low until they can shred apart - so easy and can be used in lettuce tacos, salads, baked potatoes etc!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, *KG said:

Anyone have any good (and easy) ones?

I've merged your thread with the previous one as it's requesting the same info.  I will put chicken in the title so that you might get more responses but please don't cross post multiple requests for the same thing in separate threads. :)

On 12/1/2017 at 7:44 AM, racheleats said:

For chicken I usually put a package of breasts in and cover them with a compliant salsa and cook on low until they can shred apart - so easy and can be used in lettuce tacos, salads, baked potatoes etc!

I do almost the same thing but I use a can of green chiles instead of salsa.  It's amazing what that little bit of flavor + the shredded texture can do for boring ol' chicken breast!

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of my favorites*.  Super easy!

Crockpot Sticky Chicken

Ingredients

·      1 whole chicken (or 6 boneless breasts)

·      4 tsp salt

·      2 tsp paprika

·      1 tsp cayenne pepper

·      1 tsp onion powder

·      1 tsp thyme

·      ½ tsp garlic powder

·      ½ tsp black pepper

·      1 large onion, cut into large chunks

Instructions

1.   Combine spices in a small bowl.

2.   Remove giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken & clean the cavity. Pat dry with paper towels.

3.   Rub spice mixture into the chicken (inside and out).

4.   Place in a ziplock, seal and refrigerate overnight.

5.   Stuff cavity with onions and place breast side down in slow cooker.

6.   Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

7.   Remove and slice or pull meat off the bones and shred.

8.  Use the sauce (drippings) left in the crock pot to make a gravy.  Transfer sauce from crockpot to saucepan.  Bring sauce to low boil.  In a small bowl, combine arrowroot powder & water (stir it around until it makes a milky mixture) and then add it gradually to thicken the sauce into gravy.

9.   Enjoy!

* If you don’t have a crockpot, you can cook the chicken in the oven instead.  I prefer it that way because you get crispy skin to snack on while cutting up the chicken.

Oven directions:

Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.  Place chicken breast side down in a large roasting pan.  After 1-hour, spoon drippings over the chicken every 30 mins.  After cooking, let the chicken rest for 10 mins before carving.

Archived