What Symptoms to Look for When re-Introducing Foods

*KG

Hi! 
I managed to do 37 days of the Whole30 and started re-intro a couple of days ago. I`m doing the slow roll. Just wondering what kinds of symptoms I`m to be looking for when I introduce a new forbidden food every three to four days.

6 hours ago, *KG said:

Hi! 
I managed to do 37 days of the Whole30 and started re-intro a couple of days ago. I`m doing the slow roll. Just wondering what kinds of symptoms I`m to be looking for when I introduce a new forbidden food every three to four days.

Anything that seems out of the ordinary - excessive bloating, skin breakouts, feeling anxious (I get this when I eat a lot of sugar), feeling lethargic, sugar crashes..I think there is a list somewhere if you google w30 re-introduction guidelines you might find it!

Not everyone will necessarily have the same reactions to the same foods.

So far for me, with white rice and oatmeal separately, I felt like I was carrying a lump in my gut all day, with a bit of joint inflammation, but no bowel issues.  I feel like I can eat these items safely in moderation even tho I have a tested allergy to rice.  Tested FastBreak candy bars for several days and am convinced they are the source of my severe feet itching, as well as joint pain, that I experienced on preW30.  I sense tiredness with these as well.  Interesting tho that the candy bars were not my sugar dragon and they didn't really even taste that good.

As a follow up to my observation above, I have been eating two FastBreak candy bars a day for a week, and have not experienced continued feet itching as I thought I would.  This candy is the only sugary stuff I have allowed my self and I do not crave it.  Time will tell when I stop that experiment.  I'm still watching to see how the sweet stuff continues to affect my joints.

I have not yet done a proper gluten nor dairy re-intro, yet yesterday I had some of an Italian sub, which included pepperoni, cheese, and sub roll.  The last bite was a hard swallow - something I have a history with as a precursor to choking.  At this morning's typical W30 breakfast, (sweet potato, sausage slice, kale, eggs) I choked on the first bite.  Haven't had a choking incident in a loooong time! 

I'm questioning myself if it might have been a fluke or if yesterday's wheat/ gluten, or something, else had something to do with it.  I've had incidences with wheat products before, but also with meat, rice, and raw carrots.

• 1 month later...

Maybe it was dairy-related? I experienced some nasal congestion and coughing when testing sour cream, almost felt like a mild allergic reaction. I never thought I had any problems with cheese before besides just using it as a crutch in place of preparing lunch.

Archived