Enough protein in eggs, seeds, and green veggies?

Dpilot

Good Morning! I am trying to figure out how to get enough protein in my diet. All nuts need to be avoided due to allergies, but seeds are fine. Also eggs.

Other than eating eggs at every meal, is is doable to add seeds and green veggies to get enough protein? Which veggies and seeds carry the most protein, and how much would someone need to consume in a meal to get the protein benefit?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dpilot said:

Good Morning! I am trying to figure out how to get enough protein in my diet. All nuts need to be avoided due to allergies, but seeds are fine. Also eggs.

Other than eating eggs at every meal, is is doable to add seeds and green veggies to get enough protein? Which veggies and seeds carry the most protein, and how much would someone need to consume in a meal to get the protein benefit?

You would want to google things like which vegetable has the most protein, that's not something that people here 'just know' and if it requires research to find answers, we recommend people do the research themselves so that they're really understanding what they're eating.

If you can do eggs (and fish if you eat fish) then it is recommended to do the program as written with eggs (and possible fish) as your proteins.  Barring that, see the attached Vegetarian Shopping list https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-veg-shopping-list.pdf

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi @Sris - there are unflavoured egg white protein powders but they are expensive and quite distasteful. We also really don't recommend that people drink their food because it doesn't hit the same satiety/digestive systems in the body as food that you chew.

If you do eat eggs you can do an entire Whole30 with just eggs (a few people have done so over the years). It gets probably a bit boring by the end but if you do this you will have a clean slate with which to reintroduce the vegetarian protein sources you likely use and see how they affect you.

• Administrators

Sure, you're free to do as you like, I just let you know the program recommendations. For eggs as your sole protein, the recommendation is as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping; usually 3-4 is a good start for most people. This is at each meal that you would use eggs for protein.

• Administrators

No, sorry, we don't recommend grams or macros or anything like that. The portions are based on personal metrics such as how many eggs you can hold in your hand and for animal protein, the size and shape of a person's own palm. 

The goal is to get your meals lasting you 4-5 hours between without being starved by the next meal time.

Archived