Can I have pecans?

MommyLife2769

I was just wondering if I can have pecans. I know that certain nuts are not allowed because they are considered legumes. I have tried researching pecans online and for some strange reason cannot find any information on whether or not pecans are considered a legume. I would assume also that eating them with cinnamon on them would be frowned upon as it seems like a treat.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MommyLife2769 said:

I was just wondering if I can have pecans. I know that certain nuts are not allowed because they are considered legumes. I have tried researching pecans online and for some strange reason cannot find any information on whether or not pecans are considered a legume. I would assume also that eating them with cinnamon on them would be frowned upon as it seems like a treat.

Nuts are fine but are recommended to be limited (think a closed handful of nuts every other day at most) and always eaten with meals (sprinkled on a salad) rather than as a 'treat'

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, MommyLife2769 said:

So along the same lines, are snacks discouraged? Or does it matter really what type of snack you eat? 

Snacking for the purpose of hand to mouth snacking is discouraged. We want you to assemble your meals based on the template to get you 4-5 hours between. If you have longer between, are just getting your portions down and are hungry between meals or are a breastfeeding or pregnant woman, then you can eat between meals but we recommend a mini meal of protein and fat at least and ideally veggies... basically a template meal cut in half or a third.  Fruit or fruit and nuts or just nuts are all discouraged as they do not provide you with sufficient nutrition and can be food without brakes for a lot of people and keep their sugar dragon alive.

Archived