Start Date: Dec. 3

babette

Today is day 3 and I woke up with a horrible headache- withdraws. It started yesterday afternoon and has not let up. This is so hard though because I started this program because I wanted to feel better (migraines, stomach issues) and now I feel worse. I knew when I started that it would likely get worse before it got better, but still I was somehow hoping that wouldn't apply to me. I didn't think my diet was that bad (big sigh). I am lactose intolerant and already cut out refined carbs years ago, but I have a major sweet tooth and consume a lot of sugar. Although I tried to eat "healthy" sugar, this book makes it so clear: sugar=sugar=sugar. Why did I lie to myself for so long and justify consuming so much sugar when I knew it wasn't good for me? Well, my mother always said, someday you will have to pay the piper... I guess 1 week of withdraws is getting off pretty easy for years of mistreating my body.  

• Moderators

Hi, @babette, I'm sorry you're dealing with headaches. They will likely go away in a few days, but things that might help include being sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water (1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120 lb person would need at least 60 oz), and salting your food.

Archived