Less meat? (not no meat!)

Kimiora

Hey folks,

I am starting day 8 and feeling really good for the most part - specifically my energy/hunger levels are stable enough that I don't have to snack throughout the day and this is HUGE and was my major goal for doing Whole30. I really needed to change my relationship to food and I was really struggling, for a long time. So I am sold, and want to eat this way forever! (Don't laugh, I know, there are days ahead that might be harder than the sugar hangover I just got over....).

But, I'm worried about the environmental effects of eating this much meat. I love meat, it always makes me feel most healthy when I eat it, so I'm not saying I would go veggie (sorry, Planet Earth), I'm just wondering if folks have found a combination of meat and...nuts? that is still Whole30 compliant and still keeps you feeling full but doesn't rely quite so heavily on meat?  Maybe meat for one meal a day and nuts the rest? Or meat one meal a day and enough fats the other two?

If that's not an option I will still finish the 30 days but I'm hoping to have a plan for post-Whole30 too.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Kimiora said:

Hey folks,

I am starting day 8 and feeling really good for the most part - specifically my energy/hunger levels are stable enough that I don't have to snack throughout the day and this is HUGE and was my major goal for doing Whole30. I really needed to change my relationship to food and I was really struggling, for a long time. So I am sold, and want to eat this way forever! (Don't laugh, I know, there are days ahead that might be harder than the sugar hangover I just got over....).

But, I'm worried about the environmental effects of eating this much meat. I love meat, it always makes me feel most healthy when I eat it, so I'm not saying I would go veggie (sorry, Planet Earth), I'm just wondering if folks have found a combination of meat and...nuts? that is still Whole30 compliant and still keeps you feeling full but doesn't rely quite so heavily on meat?  Maybe meat for one meal a day and nuts the rest? Or meat one meal a day and enough fats the other two?

If that's not an option I will still finish the 30 days but I'm hoping to have a plan for post-Whole30 too.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

You can do whatever you like as long as the food is compliant, however nuts are not a great source of protein or fats... they're very imbalanced in their omega 3 and 6 and can cause bloating and gastrointestinal distress.  I understand your concern, but it would be our recommendation to do the 30 days as written with meat, eggs and fish and then after you've done your re-intro, you can make a plan that suits your body and your ethics :)

Archived