JEvan

I'm starting Whole30 on Monday and am hoping for great things.  I am doing this program after numerous suggestions from my doctors and my trainer, but mostly because I seem to find myself with some new ailment almost weekly now. And all of my ailments seem to have inflammation at the root, so time to figure out the culprit and put a stop to feeling like I'm falling apart.  On a personal (and vain) level, I hope to lose a few pounds (ending back up at a size 4), have clear skin (goodbye eczema and acne that has plagued me my whole life), and get off my infusions for moderate Crohn's for good. I've also let my diet slide to the point where a meal doesn't feel complete until I eat dessert...and I don't normally have a sweet tooth.  THAT bad habit needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP. 

Today I spent the evening reading through the website, saving resource documents, signing up for the meal plan and email help.  Tomorrow will be meal planning, grocery shopping/purge, and getting mentally prepared.  Then I'm off to the races.  My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for doing this during the holidays, but I think this timing is easier because I tend to be more focused in the winter without festivals, street fairs, camping, margaritas on patios, long days of sunlight, and all of the other activities that can throw me off.  Does anyone else agree with me?

In any case, I hate the grocery store, can't cook, and have a long and slightly uncomfortable love affair with fast food.  On top of that, I have a boyfriend who doesn't really support my goals (combination of him feeling threatened by change and it forcing him to look at his bad habits) so I will have to battle my demons and side step his landmines and traps. This is going to be a challenge. Any advice on avoiding temptation by your significant other would be much appreciated.

Hi JEvan! I am looking to start the Whole30 on the 11th as well! 

I am utterly in love with food, and most of the food I love is so unhealthy. I also have a pretty intense soda addiction.  I'm the kind of person, though, that is all or nothing.  So I think a program like the Whole30 will do well for me. Have you tried the program ever before?? Like you, I am starting to have physical ailments that I know would improve if I were to change my eating habits. I'm excited to see the changes during this 30 days!! 

Archived