Feb. 1, 2018 start, but planning now.

Muse_of_Fire

Hi there!

I am a semi-professional athlete who eats mostly paleo/mediterranean but due to overtraining and also coping with major life changes (divorce, moving, mental health issues) I have put my training on a major slowdown, refrained from all competitions, and been super relaxed about my diet. I'm planning to use Whole 30 to do a diet reset, to get back to my training and to get back to competition. It is my first time doing Whole 30. My start date will be 2/1/18, and I have my sights on a competition in May. I'm trying to plan ahead as much as I can for my Whole 30 start. I will move into my new place the week before so that seemed a good time, I can skip the "pantry clean out" step and just start fresh with compliant food.

I am a ballet dancer (retired), ADAPT-qualified parkour coach, parkour athlete, and student of Bei Shaolinquan (forms, full-contact sanda fighting, full-contact lei tai fighting, lion dance, and traditional Chinese weapons). I also do weightlifting as well as yoga, rock climbing, and other forms of dance for fun and to supplement my training. I love travel and cooking, and am a high school French teacher. I am really excited to get going on my Whole 30 and get my training back on track.

Happy to meet you all and pumped to feel good in my body again!

With your current diet and active lifestyle, you likely have a head start on being more fat-adapted than the average bear. That should make for less of a big bumpy transition to full Whole30 eating.

During this long pre-planning period, you might practice reading labels, and try out some Whole30 recipes, and do other dress rehearsal-type stuff.

Archived