December 27th Start Date

CurtisB

Starting a Whole30 on December 27th! I know it's an odd day to start. So I'm looking for support from others starting on Jan 1st. This will be my first Whole30 and it's for issues with eczema, foggy brain, asthma and other issues. Not overweight but feel like it! I'm starting on Dec 27th because I have to go on a business trip on Jan 26th and wanted to make sure to do a full 30 days. On my trip it will be too hard to control all of the eating variables.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck! I completed my Whole30 on November 28th and have been sticking with it mostly (98%) since.  My eczema of 20 years is clearing up, slowly. It's about 65% better at this point.  And my asthma isn't gone, but it's better. So I'm hopeful you'll have similar results.

I'm starting over next week, so I'll jump in this group. My beginning was a complete failure, but at the same time it wasn't

because I was really examining the areas I need to change and what I really want out of the Whole 30. Ultimately I want

to loose some weight and take care of my health. I know that the whole 30 & a paleo lifestyle is the best choice for me.

See you all next week

Ruth

I just started yesterday, so I'm joining in on the fun! Ready for the mental clarity and energy that comes along with this great journey!!  I recently moved to the US for a new job and feel like I need a reset. I have slowly tried to adopt some of the whole30 way into my eating, but snacking at night is my big issue. This go-around I am really hoping to gain an understanding of the WHY of my eating habits...any insight or advice is much appreciated!!!

Hi Curtis!

ill be starting that day too :)

i originally planned on starting the 26th, but then realized I didn't wanna be in the grocery store before Christmas. So I'll shop the 26th and be ready for the 27th!

good luck to you !!

Hey everyone!

I'm starting Dec. 27th too..perfect right after Christmas & want to start before the new year. I'm a college student, so I'm hoping to get in the swing of things before going back for my last semester.

I successfully did a Whole 30 last summer, failed this past summer & am so ready to jump back in again--definitely in need of a reset! I'm excited you all are starting around the same time too :)

I’m starting another round tomorrow too...I gave no idea how many I’ve done plus I stick to it quite closely normally (except dairy...I always add that back!) but I have been really ill the last half of this year (I have arthritis) and everything has fallen by the wayside, I’ve put in a couple of stone, my skin is horribly dry and I’m exhausted all the time.

So it’s time I think.

i want to start reintroducing exercise slowly too (ballet barre/floor exercises are my fav)as it’s been a while but now I have my drs permission!

I’m looking forward to not being so tired...and not eating all the rubbish I’ve fallen back into! Plus my 9 year old is doing it with me this time outside of school hours  and the days he’s at his dad’s...I think he’s worried about me 

I'm beginning December 27 as well.  I'm a teacher and on winter break, so my time is more flexible than usual, at least the first 3 weeks of January.  This is my second time doing the Whole30.  The last couple of months I was slipping more, and it's clear that I don't do well with grains or sugar, etc.  Looking forward to giving my body a break and having time to cook my heart out. 

I actually decided to start today....I have some work presentations coming up the week of Jan 8th where I very much need to be “on” so I decided to buy myself an extra day of imsurance of getting some of the difficult days behind me.  So far so good, I definitely had some brain fog and headache this afternoon, but I am glad to have day 1 behind me!

Hi all,

Today was my Day One. I did one Whole30 five years ago when motivated out of sheer terror by my first (and only) marathon. Not running another one so I’m turning to y’all for support and encouragement. I know it works and I know there will be challenges ahead. Looking forward to reading about everyone’s journey. 

It looks like there are many people starting today (give or take a day). I really excited to have all kinds of 

support, as I know, I will need it daily! 

I'm planning out meals to use in my slow cooker once a week and also pre-planning some freezer meals

to pull out on extra busy days. Does anyone have some favorites?

Thanks

Ruth

7 hours ago, Ruthless said:

It looks like there are many people starting today (give or take a day). I really excited to have all kinds of 

support, as I know, I will need it daily! 

I'm planning out meals to use in my slow cooker once a week and also pre-planning some freezer meals

to pull out on extra busy days. Does anyone have some favorites?

Thanks

Ruth

Today I made a Whole30 version of my favorite dish.. chicken picatta. 

I threw walnuts in my food processor and then dusted the chicken breasts (I use skinless thin slices) with them. No egg, just patted it right on the chicken. 

Cooked the chicken in a little olive oil til brown and then removed it.

add some minced garlic to the pan (I did 3 cloves), a package of baby bella mushrooms,  and half a large chopped onion.

mix it all around and cook til the onions are soft (about 8/9min) 

add the juice of one lemon and some capers if you like them.

stir around and then add the chicken back in and get the sauce on it. 

Serve hot and enjoy! 

It was amazing! 

End of 1st Day:

I Survived! Today I packed my breakfast and lunch before I left home. I ate my breakfast in the car which was carrots and raisins. I’m not that hungry in the morning, but I’m sure that will change over time. For lunch, I ate fresh spinach dressed with olive oil and vinegar. On the side I had fresh strawberries and another pack of carrots. That sustained me throughout the day, but I worked late today and became hungry before I got home. 

I almost completely caved in while I was passing all the fast food restaurants , but then I saw a Sprouts and quickly went in and picked up two Whole30 snacks....cashews and raisins. 

I failed to plan on this one, but will be better prepared tomorrow. I already prepared 5 containers of bacon and eggs that I can easily take with me for breakfast. 

Although throughout the day, I felt fine and had a good attitude, at this very moment I feel irritated for some reason. My husband and kids are in super great moods, but I am truly irritated...Must Be the Lack Of Sugar! 

I’m sure this will pass.

• Moderators

@KBlack I'd be pretty irritated too if that's all I'd eaten all day -- be sure you're making your meals match the meal template, you'll stay full longer between meals and feel less need to snack. You may still be a little irritable in the first few days, but it'll be much better if you're feeling satisfied by your meals. If you're not used to eating breakfast, you should still try to make a breakfast that matches the template and eat as much as you can of it, then set it aside and if you feel like you can eat some more in 30 minutes or an hour, you can go back to it. (Here's a little explanation of why we encourage you to go ahead and eat breakfast every day:  https://www.thepaleomom.com/is-breakfast-really-most-important-meal/

Also, don't be afraid of fat -- you could've had the olive oil and vinegar on your salad, plus half an avocado or some olives if you wanted. It would still be missing protein, but the fat would've helped it stay with you longer. 

Archived