December 27th Start Date

CurtisB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, SammyC said:

Today I made a Whole30 version of my favorite dish.. chicken picatta. 

I threw walnuts in my food processor and then dusted the chicken breasts (I use skinless thin slices) with them. No egg, just patted it right on the chicken. 

Cooked the chicken in a little olive oil til brown and then removed it.

add some minced garlic to the pan (I did 3 cloves), a package of baby bella mushrooms,  and half a large chopped onion.

mix it all around and cook til the onions are soft (about 8/9min) 

add the juice of one lemon and some capers if you like them.

stir around and then add the chicken back in and get the sauce on it. 

Serve hot and enjoy! 

It was amazing! 

Sounds divine.  And so easy!

Day Two.  It's interesting to watch my sugar cravings.  They're not even physical—I just want it!  Made a salad last night with some sliced persimmon and pomegranate arils I got for $$ at Trader Joe's, with a small handful of dry roasted Trader Joe's mixed nuts (I went shopping there on Tuesday), with a simple white wine vinegar and olive oil dressing, and that helped with the sugar cravings.  Since I've got the luxury of being on break, I'm finding myself sleeping so much!  Woke up today ravenously hungry, something I haven't felt in the morning in ages.  I take that as a good sign.  Made scrambled eggs and veggies, some steamed green beans.  I find the only way I don't end up throwing out green beans is if I prep them while watching TV at night, and then they're good to go when I want to cook them.  I swear I already feel less bloated, which is a blessing.  Hope the sleepiness passes soon.  I do have work I need to get done.

Day three for me.  Fatigue and a headache, too, and I am finding that by the evening I’m super irritable.  This is a phenomenal combination with an overtired toddler.  Today I was definitely craving sugar but it was manageable.  How is everyone doing?

I went downtown today to the Container Store to buy a couple of 1-ounce Nalgene containers to put olive oil and vinegar in to carry in my purse.  I never got around to doing that during my first Whole30, even though I knew it would be so helpful for emergency eating out.  Pretty easy to order a salad with protein, no dressing, then splash your own oil and vinegar on it, plus a bit of salt.  They had a small leakproof zipper bag, which I also bought, for extra protection.  Also got another spice rack, as my pantry/spices are in dire need of organizing.  Cooking is so much easier when you don't have to hunt for stuff.  Was hungry downtown so had the Whole30-approved Chipotle meal of carnitas salad with guacamole.  Wouldn't do it all the time, but okay in a pinch.  Felt like I could use some more carbs, so when I got home I ate half a baked sweet potato with ghee.  Divine.  I don't have a headache, but am very tired.  Still, I'm so glad to being doing this because last time—and I'm sure it will happen again this time—I ended up feeling so much better.  Lighter and clear headed.

I love all the helpful container ideas!  thanks for sharing.

I ended up with a cold/stomach bug which I let sabotage my re-start, grrrr!

oh well, today is a new day and  my fridge is full of good choices, and coming

to this board is so encouraging  to me, thank you all for sharing

Today is Day 1 for me, Dec. 29th! I didn't want to wait until Jan. 1st, but I also wanted to get my daughter's birthday out of the way (it was yesterday). I'm happy to see that there are a lot of others starting around this time too! This is my 3rd round, but I never finished my first two rounds (I got to day 21/20, respectively). I am determined to finish this time! I bought the new whole30 Day by Day book as a Christmas gift for myself. Good luck everyone!

On 12/27/2017 at 6:51 PM, SammyC said:

Today I made a Whole30 version of my favorite dish.. chicken picatta. 

I threw walnuts in my food processor and then dusted the chicken breasts (I use skinless thin slices) with them. No egg, just patted it right on the chicken. 

Cooked the chicken in a little olive oil til brown and then removed it.

add some minced garlic to the pan (I did 3 cloves), a package of baby bella mushrooms,  and half a large chopped onion.

mix it all around and cook til the onions are soft (about 8/9min) 

add the juice of one lemon and some capers if you like them.

stir around and then add the chicken back in and get the sauce on it. 

Serve hot and enjoy! 

It was amazing! 

Oh my goodness that sounds so delicious! I'm definitely going to try it. :)

11 minutes ago, crkohring said:

Today is Day 1 for me, Dec. 29th! I didn't want to wait until Jan. 1st, but I also wanted to get my daughter's birthday out of the way (it was yesterday). I'm happy to see that there are a lot of others starting around this time too! This is my 3rd round, but I never finished my first two rounds (I got to day 21/20, respectively). I am determined to finish this time! I bought the new whole30 Day by Day book as a Christmas gift for myself. Good luck everyone!

I just bought that for myself yesterday! It was on an end cap at target with a bunch of kids books .. so random. So I picked it up and started using it last night ..

good luck to you! This is my first time. Hoping to figure out migraine triggers with it 

Day Two: I did an amazing job preparing my dinner for the week. Chicken breasts with smoke paprika, basil, Italian seasoning and some were seasoned with Garlic Salt and Cumin. Fresh Broccoli and a baked potatoes with sea salt and olive oil and smoked praprika again. DELICIOUSNESS!!! Throughout the 2nd day, only one side of my face was aching for some reason and my tongue. During the staff meeting, for some reason everyone had a sweet tooth except me. You would have thought it was Halloween all over again. Anyhow, I succeeded and did not give in. 

Day 3:

Today, I felt like a Wonder Woman was starting to wake up again. When I got up I hit the snooze button and got out of the bed. I felt no need to return and didn’t. I had eggs and bacon for breakfast with a banana, spinach salad, with carrots, raisins and cashews, olive oil and vinegar for the dressing. I’m feeling on top of the world!!! No slips! I’m taking every decision and moment one day at a time.

For right now, I’m going to enjoy this 3 day Victory!!!

18 hours ago, KBlack said:

Day Two: I did an amazing job preparing my dinner for the week. Chicken breasts with smoke paprika, basil, Italian seasoning and some were seasoned with Garlic Salt and Cumin. Fresh Broccoli and a baked potatoes with sea salt and olive oil and smoked praprika again. DELICIOUSNESS!!! Throughout the 2nd day, only one side of my face was aching for some reason and my tongue. During the staff meeting, for some reason everyone had a sweet tooth except me. You would have thought it was Halloween all over again. Anyhow, I succeeded and did not give in. 

Day 3:

Today, I felt like a Wonder Woman was starting to wake up again. When I got up I hit the snooze button and got out of the bed. I felt no need to return and didn’t. I had eggs and bacon for breakfast with a banana, spinach salad, with carrots, raisins and cashews, olive oil and vinegar for the dressing. I’m feeling on top of the world!!! No slips! I’m taking every decision and moment one day at a time.

For right now, I’m going to enjoy this 3 day Victory!!!

One day at a time, that's what I'm telling myself too! Nice work.

@Kpme hang in there!!! Doing anything with an overtired toddler is an extra challenge! Although, there might be a point at which it can’t get any worse. :wacko:The headache and fatigue will abate soon, I promise, maybe even tomorrow. Make sure you’re eating enough fat, especially in the first few days. Like a whole can of black olives, enough fat. You won’t continue to gorge on olives (or avocados or other forms of good fat) but it can ease the transition in the first few days. 

The best parenting advice I ever got: “Anything short of throwing the baby out of the window is success!”

Day Five. Continued training for an upcoming half marathon by running 8 miles (very, very slowly). I’ve been running for years so 8 miles isn’t a scary distance. On Day Five, however, not the smartest choice I’ve ever made. On the upside, I shouldn’t be irritable today. Nothing short of blood or fire (and a lot of both) will get my attention! :wacko:

On 12/29/2017 at 9:28 AM, SammyC said:

I just bought that for myself yesterday! It was on an end cap at target with a bunch of kids books .. so random. So I picked it up and started using it last night ..

good luck to you! This is my first time. Hoping to figure out migraine triggers with it 

I'm really enjoying the book so far! It's nice to start the day with tips and motivation and end it with some reflection.

Day 2 for me, woke up feeling the "carb hangover" or whatever it's called? Going to take it easy today...

Day 4: Still on track. I definitely had a foggy head and way more flatulents than any other day. One thing I am very happy about is the fact that I went to the movies today and didn’t give in or buy any of the theatre snacks. I was prepared and brought raisins and cashews, just in case I became hungry since the movie was during “lunch” time. 

Keep Moving Forward!!

Day 7 completed today.  Per the “timeline” I expected to be very fatigued yesterday and today but I actually have had very good energy.  I was exhausted a few days ago, so I suppose I’m just having a variation.

tomorrow is back to “real” life.  Even though I was working last week, I was very tethered to the house all week.  I am navigating my first restaurant meals, too — breakfast meetings with prospective clients both tomorrow and Wednesday.  I am ready to order my eggs cheese free and no toast!  

Well, I woke with the worst headache today and had heart burn in the night, good times,

and I was hungry 1st thing this morning. Off to drink lots of water and get in a good breakfast

then working out. 

10 hours ago, Kpme said:

tomorrow is back to “real” life

Agree, we are officially back to real life, no more holiday vacation. 

Archived