December 27th Start Date

CurtisB

Day 9 for me, too @Kpme.  Energy levels are much better lately. Still missing my post-meal square of dark chocolate but oh well. Having trouble eating enough not to feel hungry between meals. Probably need to eat more protein at dinner. Now is when I start to feel too confident and slip up (just one glass of wine won’t hurt, right?). Gotta stay on target!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KBlack said:

I started over. Solely due to the failure to plan. Had I did what I was already doing that slip would have never happened, but I am starting again today. It can be done and will be done! I’m not giving up!

Will you be able to handle it differently if the same situation arises again?  Is today your new Day 1?

6 hours ago, KBlack said:

I started over. Solely due to the failure to plan. Had I did what I was already doing that slip would have never happened, but I am starting again today. It can be done and will be done! I’m not giving up!

I am sorry you had to start over, but admire your resolve to keep going! Are you eating enough? I didn't my first time around, because I didn't realize cooking with fat didn't count as the fat you're supposed to have in your meal.

Today is Day 13 for me. I nearly quit many times but starting over was too heartbreaking to consider. I don’t want any food or drink as badly as I want this to be over in 17 more days!

That said, I am experiencing glimpses of the magic. I’m happier and more calm. Noticing a bit more endurance during workouts. Still miss dairy and beer!:P

Hi all,

i am still at it at day 18 but it has been an interesting week.  I have had a couple of big presentations at work, my daughter has been out all week with a stomach flu and then I got it Monday night (with one of the big presentations on Tuesday!J. I wasn’t sure how I was going to recover from the bug without saltines and ginger ale, and I was prepared to start over.  But it turned out my stomach was so bad and my appetite so poor that I was able to limp through with some things I had in the fridge!  So I’m still going strong.

wednesday was my day 16 and I definitely felt a little tiger blood! I had so much energy I had to take a melatonin to go to bed.  Yesterday was harder but because of the big presentation I was sort of grazing on a bunch of compliant stuff all day (what we served for lunch was mostly not compliant so I inhaled an epic and larabar too).  By the end of the day I just felt lousy.

looking forward to reorganizing and meal planning this weekend and getting back to the gym after the rugged week. Hope everyone is doing well.  Good for you KB for starting over.  How is it going?

Sorry about the flu, Madson!  I have definitely had a few cough drops along the way...decided I wasn’t going to sweat that level of detail.

glad you are feeling good KB!  With the flu behind us I’ve been able to get back to the gym the past couple of mornings which has been great.  One of my favorite things about is the energy!  I love that I’m not a zombie at night after my daughter goes to bed and I actually have some time to get some things done before I need to go to bed myself!

today is day 21. Feels like the home stretch.  I’m beginning to think ahead to the reintroductions.  I’m thinking I’m going to do the very thorough one.  How about you guys?  Here to read up on it now....

I'm on day 21, I'm excited because this is the farthest I've ever gotten with the whole30. Looking forward to the next 9 days. I've been thinking about reintroduction too, also thinking about reading Food Freedom Forever. I want this to be a lifestyle and not just going back to eating everything like I did last time.

Congrats!  Closing in on the end!   Today is my day 24.  I’ve been using the advent calendar to count up!

i decided that I’m going to go for 31 days and start reintroduction next Friday with some wine.  Then I’m going to do a structured “slow roll” and do some smaller breakouts of some key foods (I.e., peanuts on one day and then beans on a different day).  I think it’ll take me about a month to work through everything.  I contemplated going longer than 30days, so I think this will somewhat have that effect with all of the 2-day breaks in between.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 5:44 PM, Kpme said:

Congrats!  Closing in on the end!   Today is my day 24.  I’ve been using the advent calendar to count up!

i decided that I’m going to go for 31 days and start reintroduction next Friday with some wine.  Then I’m going to do a structured “slow roll” and do some smaller breakouts of some key foods (I.e., peanuts on one day and then beans on a different day).  I think it’ll take me about a month to work through everything.  I contemplated going longer than 30days, so I think this will somewhat have that effect with all of the 2-day breaks in between.

That sounds great, have you started already? Today is day 30 for me, I'm going to follow the recommended reintroduction schedule and see how it goes.

Archived