Starting Whole30 on January 15, 2018

gibster2

I did my first Whole30 five years ago.  For the most part, I've stayed on the path of clean eating, but there have been detours along the way.  So.....I've committed to doing this again on Monday, January 15.  I'll be using the new Whole30 Day-by-Day workbook.  I really would like to have some people join me, as I found that to be good for accountability.  If you're interested, please join me here.

I love that workbook and intend to use it.  I will likely start no later than January 2nd though.  I'm currently eating "primally" mostly because the last few weeks I was treated to a really bad cold, terrible headaches, joint pain and anxiety which I do attribute to overindulgence.  So the day before yesterday I just dumped bread out of my house (except for what my husband eats) and yogurt and a few other items.  In 24 hours, I already feel better.  I haven't gone over to Whole30  yet but plan on it with the Day-by-Day.

I love the ribbon marker in that book as well.  I'll follow along with you but just won't start on the 15th.  For me, it's become critical to hose my innards out.

I understand that the cells that are associated with the "gut" gets replaced every few weeks (as compared to other cell sets such as liver and kidney, brain, etc.  I want them to reset as soon as I possible can get them healthy again.

tinman57 - Well, I may be following you!  Wish I could start earlier, but I'll be out of town at the beginning of the year.  Not very good for starting a Whole30.  I'll cheer you along, tho.  

On 12/15/2017 at 11:44 AM, tinman57 said:

I love that workbook and intend to use it.  I will likely start no later than January 2nd though.  I'm currently eating "primally" mostly because the last few weeks I was treated to a really bad cold, terrible headaches, joint pain and anxiety which I do attribute to overindulgence.  So the day before yesterday I just dumped bread out of my house (except for what my husband eats) and yogurt and a few other items.  In 24 hours, I already feel better.  I haven't gone over to Whole30  yet but plan on it with the Day-by-Day.

I love the ribbon marker in that book as well.  I'll follow along with you but just won't start on the 15th.  For me, it's become critical to hose my innards out.

I understand that the cells that are associated with the "gut" gets replaced every few weeks (as compared to other cell sets such as liver and kidney, brain, etc.  I want them to reset as soon as I possible can get them healthy again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I also have the 15th of January picked out for my start date.  This will be my first Whole30.  I'm laying out a shopping list, making up a meal plan, just making a plan and writing it down.  I'll have my shopping day, my prep day, then away we go.  I've been cutting out sugar and dairy slowly since Christmas to try and make it easier not to crave it. I have the book, with all kinds of bookmarks, and the cookbook is on the way. Nervous, but I can do it and I'm excited.  It would be great to have other people on the same schedule as me to help keep me on target. 

Hello, I am setting a start date for January 15 and would love to be a part of a support group with the same start date. Will use the Next 2 weeks to prep. First time doing Whole30, very excited but extremely nervous! Having a support group to stay on track will be awesome. 

Welcome, KeriC and POWERG!  Thank you for joining me.  It is much easier when you have some fellow W30ers supporting you.  I've also been planning out my first week menus.  I'm cooking for one, so I like to prepare meals with at least 2 servings.  That way I can have leftovers the next day, or I can freeze extras to use the following week.  Makes things go much smoother.  I also like to prepare simple meals, but I'm going to challenge myself to at least one new recipe a week to make things interesting.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:48 AM, gibster2 said:

Hi!  I'm starting to prepare for 1/15.  When did you complete R1?

Hi! Happy new year!

So I used to do Dry February every year and last year decided to add W30 to it (I did start in Jan to get the full 30 days :) It was a great experience, really looking forward to doing it again, this time a little longer.

Hello - first timer here. I'm also looking to start Jan. 15. These last couple years have been really difficult for me physically and emotionally, and while I'm getting better on the emotional side of things, the physical is still a bit of a mess. I'd love to join a closed FB group is anyone else is interested. I'm looking for overall support and meal planning/prep ideas. I cook a lot anyway, so I'm not too worried about that - it's mostly staying organized and having the willpower that are my biggest obstacles.

On 1/2/2018 at 7:53 AM, Worldismyoyster said:

Are you all on facebook? we did a closed group last year and that worked out really well for posting meals, questions, and overall support.

I'm on Facebook.  (It would be a lot easier, I think)

21 hours ago, caiceangel said:

I'm in!  I also did my first W30 5 years ago.  I try to eat W30 most of the time, but I have wandered so far off track in the last couple of months, I'm not sure I can find my way back without some help. Can I join your group?

Welcome!  See above link for a soon-to-be closed Facebook group.

Hello,

I also have set my start date on January 15th. It will be my first time. I am very excited and also very nervous! I have been reading the book for the past two weeks and getting ready for it.  I am happy to see so many of you starting on the same day.

Hi! I'm starting my first round Jan 15, as well. My husband is hesitantly on-board with this, so I suspect I'll need be needing external support and encouragement. I ordered the Day by Day journal for each of us in hopes that it might encourage him to be a little more excited about this. ;) I just joined the FB group - thank you for setting that up! 

• Moderators

For all those doing this on a Facebook group, just bear in mind that there is no moderation, no staff and it can get a little 'wild west' with the SWYPO, smoothies, desserts etc... Come back here with any questions you have if you're unsure of something as getting info from the source won't steer you wrong :)

14 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

For all those doing this on a Facebook group, just bear in mind that there is no moderation, no staff and it can get a little 'wild west' with the SWYPO, smoothies, desserts etc... Come back here with any questions you have if you're unsure of something as getting info from the source won't steer you wrong :)

Hey - Totally agree. From my experience last year, we mostly used fb for meal pics and rants akin to kill all things, but for actual resources, especially SWYPO and Can i have's we sent people back to the course. I'm also putting up pinned resources from this website, as well as some rules. Thank you for your input!

Archived