Starting January 1, 2018

dfbt

Although I won't be starting my Whole30 until January 1st I like to have a plan and know how I'm going to work my plan.  I've been eating per TW30 this past week just to see what I need to give more time to.  Yesterday I ate off program and felt crappy the rest of the day/evening.  I'm excited to get started!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here for another Whole30, too. I've slipped back into eating pasta, processed foods, and dairy over the past couple of years and have gained some weight. Plus, I just feel better when I eat paleo, just need to get back into it. I began a workout program at my local rec center, which feels wonderful for my back pain. Now I'm making meals plans to prepare for the upcoming reset.

Hi all,

im starting my second whole30 January 1st.. so the planning begins. It’s been two years since my last whole30. Shortly after that I became pregnant with baby#5 (I usually get pregnant when I finally get all the previous baby weight off!) unfortunately all my healthy habits went out the window when morning sickness hit. Also, while pregnant we bought a house, remodeled it ourselves and moved one month postpartum. Needless to say, healthy eating took the backseat during all that. 

Now, baby is 7 months old and I’m still struggling with bad habits and i don’t feel like myself. Low metabolism and maybe some thyroid issues. So I need to do this for my health and losing weight will be a nice bonus :) 

I look forward to keeping up with others on here since I am doing this alone. Let’s keep each other encouraged!

I'm starting January 1, too! This is my second try. I tried Whole30 last month and lasted a week. I felt so good but leave it to me to self-sabotage. I'm very excited to start again knowing how healthy and in control I will feel. Looking forward to keeping up with you guys and motivating each other!

Starting on the 1st as well, first time around here! Read the book, and am super excited. Anyone travel for a living or a lot here? I'm a flight attendant and just interested in some personal experience on packing and food prep. [even after all the reading] very excited for this food adventure, and to have the support of others going through the same journey! 

Game in!  This will be my 4th W30. My first round was by far my most successful. I’d like #4 to be just as stringent with an even better reintroduction period. My fav book of the collection is It Starts with Food—it like my W30 Bible. ;)  I’m excited to do this new round with Melissa’s two new books and hope to find even greater success using them.  Let’s do this, everyone! 

I'm starting the Whole 30 on Jan 1. I've started some bad habits over the last year and am looking to get back to my healthy, energy-supporting habits in 2018. I haven't done a rule-based diet in a few years, so I'm a little nervous and I'm going to spend some time mourning my glass of red wine at night :) I'm excited to get started!

Hi all. Planning to start 1st jan also. This will be my 3rd attempt but only completed 1 whole30 successfully. It' s that glass of wine that gets me! Although I try to eat healthy bad habits have crept in and my weight has crept up along with them. Changing gyms and starting Crossfit on 1st Jan also so new year new me. Living in Scotland some of the nice products available in usa are not available here but we do have good beef/lamb and produce so will make the most of that. Not looking forward to sugar detox but know it will be so worth it when Tiger Blood kicks in. Cook off on Sunday here I come 

I'm starting a couple of days early due to an all day out of town performance I'm giving on January 27, at which I plan to stick to the program as much as possible, but may have to be flexible.  But I wanted to do 30 solid days.  This will be my second Whole 30.  Found it to be a great experience last January.  In general it led to many eating changes that stuck—except the last couple of months I've really slipped.  Went to Paris for the first time earlier this month, where I ate amazing gluten-free baked goods and cheese and red wine and chocolates until they were coming out of my ears, and the sickishness that followed was a good lesson.  So, anyway, I'm back and planning.  Going to make a batch of Against All Grain ketchup, which I made last time, and froze in little containers. <https://againstallgrain.com/2016/02/18/paleo-ketchup-recipe/>  Also making some mayo and buying supplies.  Eager to begin and share and see how all of you are doing.

I will be starting on January 1! This will be my 2nd round of Whole30, and I am really looking forward to it. I already have a couple of freezer meals prepared and ready for the slow cooker and I asked for Trader Joe's/Whole Foods gift cards for Christmas so I can stock up on some Whole30 staples. Good luck everyone!

Newbie here as well. My husband and I are also starting on January 1st. Giving up cheese, bread and pasta is going to be a huge challenge (especially because it will still be in my house for my two small very picky eaters). My husband has insane control when he’s on a diet though, so hopefully he can help keep me in line! Let’s do this thing!

I'm new too.  Starting January 1st.  I've recruited a few friends to join me as well.  I'll admit I'm a little intimidated.  I'm not the greatest cook in the world and prepackaged foods have always been my "go to".  I'm really hoping that whole 30 will be the lifestyle change that I desperately need

Looking forward to starting this! Everyone was told at the beginning of December and I have been testing recipes out this month to make sure most will be eaten by my 10-year old and fiancé so I don't have to cook multiple things :). Super excited to accomplish this for myself, and hopefully inspire my family to break out of their bad habits some.

Hi everyone! I'm with you all, starting the program January 1st too! I had tried my first time last month, made it to day 13 before my back gave out and I couldn't walk, let alone cook for a week. I'm excited to start again, as my energy levels were through the roof by day 13 and I can't wait to feel that way again. Even got my boyfriend to agree to do it too!

We can do this!!

Archived