Health issues post whole30

forthelove

Hello all!  I did the whole30 all of the month of September, with a couple of days of adding natural sugars and a couple glasses of wine.  I've pretty much stayed away from all gluten, dairy, and processed anything.  I'm now having some health issues and wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or has some advice.  About 2 weeks ago I was told, after doing blood work, that my pancreatic levels were elevated.  My symptoms are pain during and after eating, bloated, fatigued, painful abdomen above belly button.  I had an ultrasound yesterday that checked my gallbladder for stones, and that came back as normal.  I'm finding that eating small portions throughout the day is so helpful and really chewing my food, literally 30 times.  Anyway, I felt it was important to see if anyone else has had similar issues.  Otherwise, I had severe weight loss, over 22 pounds, and I'm already tiny, so I can't lose anymore.  I love the idea of eating clean, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!  

Hi forthelove,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues. It really sounds like a greater medical issue is the root cause here, and should be (continued) discussed with a doctor. It's always possible that the Whole30 uncovered something that was already there, but your previous eating habits were covering up.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, forthelove said:

Hello all!  I did the whole30 all of the month of September, with a couple of days of adding natural sugars and a couple glasses of wine.  I've pretty much stayed away from all gluten, dairy, and processed anything.  I'm now having some health issues and wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or has some advice.  About 2 weeks ago I was told, after doing blood work, that my pancreatic levels were elevated.  My symptoms are pain during and after eating, bloated, fatigued, painful abdomen above belly button.  I had an ultrasound yesterday that checked my gallbladder for stones, and that came back as normal.  I'm finding that eating small portions throughout the day is so helpful and really chewing my food, literally 30 times.  Anyway, I felt it was important to see if anyone else has had similar issues.  Otherwise, I had severe weight loss, over 22 pounds, and I'm already tiny, so I can't lose anymore.  I love the idea of eating clean, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!  

We're not medical professionals and cannot dispense medical advice - please continue to see your doctor as none of these symptoms are standard to eating whole foods.

That comment was aimed for Sugarcube not Elizabeth.  Thank you, Elizabeth for your empathetic response.  I think I've got it figured out.  I was doing bullet proof coffee that was killing my stomach.  I have eliminated both coffee and the coconut oil, eating small meals throughout the day, and I've been SO much better!!  Again, thank you Elizabeth and you should probably not be responding to others with issues Sugarcube OD.  I knew I wasn't asking doctors, I simply needed to know if anyone else had experienced this.  Also, Sugarcube is so incorrect with that comment, as I have only been eating clean for the past 3 months.  

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, forthelove said:

That comment was aimed for Sugarcube not Elizabeth.  Thank you, Elizabeth for your empathetic response.  I think I've got it figured out.  I was doing bullet proof coffee that was killing my stomach.  I have eliminated both coffee and the coconut oil, eating small meals throughout the day, and I've been SO much better!!  Again, thank you Elizabeth and you should probably not be responding to others with issues Sugarcube OD.  I knew I wasn't asking doctors, I simply needed to know if anyone else had experienced this.  Also, Sugarcube is so incorrect with that comment, as I have only been eating clean for the past 3 months.  

I've modified your post for language as this is a family friendly forum.  We are not allowed to give medical advice and your first post specifically mentioned health issues and raised pancreatic levels. There is nothing wrong with suggesting someone continue to see a doctor.  Good luck with your situation.

• 7 months later...

forthelove - i had the stomach pain.  I've been searching for others who had this happen while on whole30.  The pain above the belly button is the exact same - I was so frustrated when it happened because I was on like day 27!  I thought since I had been eating the right things for 27 days, why should I all of a sudden get stomach pain?!    I was going to do the slow roll reintro but the stomach pain got so unbearable I had my comfort food of chips, cheese and salsa and messed up my reintro. I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure it out this past week. I started probiotics and am still studying the high and low fodmaps.  It really does appear that this pain is IBS related, which I;ve never had before.  I plan to go back to whole30, but right now it's more important to make sure I dont eat high fodmap foods to avoid the stomach pain.

Archived