joining the community

Crystal Ann

Glad to hear all that from you GraceMelodie and Crystal Ann! Very inspirational, it's kinda fun to be in a group with people who are at different points along the journey. 

Day 8 today, mostly went well. I feel like there was a partial failure because I had a Larabar and Kombucha as a "dessert" after lunch even though I wasn't hungry for them. I'm not sure where the craving came from, but I was at the grocery store and picked up those items. Even though they are compliant, I still feel it was too much sugar at once and came away feeling slightly bloated instead of satisfied after eating. I guess I was thinking of it as a reward since I'd already made it a week. I'll have to remember how it made me feel! My first Whole30 I started eating daily Larabars toward the end for no reason other than I LOVE them. I am trying to not let that happen this time around because it does not help me slay my sugar dragon.

I'm trying to combine my Whole30 with some habit changes in general. Starting off the day with emotional freedom tapping, writing in a gratitude journal, and birth prep exercises seems to get me in a good mood for the day, but the order of how I fit that in with breakfast and taking care of my dogs doesn't flow just quite yet. :)

I definitely feel more easily-annoyed in general since being pregnant, so I'm hoping to see some mindset changes.

GraceMelodie, the food dreams have started! Haha! I am feeling super energized these last three days. A VP from my office warned me they won’t know what to do with me if I come back any more energized after the break. A nice compliment of productivity before leaving the office the last day.

Amy, I’m trying to avoid certain acceptable items I recognize as tied to bad psychological aspects in my relationship to food, but I think on a hard day, a “cheat” that doesn’t cheat the system is a snafu you can move beyond since you aren’t starting again at day 1from it. I wouldn’t beat myself up over it! Day 9 in the bag now, right? Woohoo!

Hello Day 30!!!! 

Crystal Ann, I have had totally bizarre food dreams this month!  In my last dream I dreamt that I had half a glass of wine before breakfast.  Eww!!

Amy, I love drinking Kombucha but it might fall under the "drink with caution" during pregnancy.  I would double check that.  I enjoy eating three prunes & a handful of almonds after dinner and then I have a cup of hot tea.  Maybe that would curb your Lara Bar craving or it might be better just to drink the hot tea to help slay the sugar cravings.

This has certainly been a busy last few days!!  I wrapped all the presents, went to two more holiday parties, sang in two Christmas Church services and hosted 15 people at my house on Christmas Day.  I just finished cleaning the kitchen from last night's festivities.  Luckily I have a lot of energy from sticking through with my Whole 30. :) 

I am looking forward to posting my success story when I get back from visiting my in-laws for five days in Ohio.  We leave early tomorrow morning.  Brrr...It is 18 degrees in Ohio which is just ridiculous to me since L.A.'s high today is 70 degrees.  Good luck to you all and I look forward to hearing about your progress next week!!

Well, I got sick. Boo! In good news, my clean eating meant it did not take me out nearly as bad or as long as some other people I know. Other than that, I'm enjoying the results of sticking with it. I am definitely in the bored phase. Not that I can't find something that tastes good, more just annoyed with how much around me I have to say no to. Tired of having almost an entire menu off limits when I go out. Tired of asking so many questions. So...I've resorted to turning down the majority of invitations. Day 19...just another day. It's not that I want to go back to everything I've given up. I'd just like the simple stuff...sauces...maybe some rice so I could go enjoy sushi.

I have so much energy I had to quit drinking coffee in the afternoon or I was still wide awake at midnight. That's wild!

I hear ya... I added avocado ranch, BBQ sauce, and ketchup from Tessamae's and marinades from The New Primal to my lineup (the sugar in them is from dates) and that helped! I try to not overuse them though because I know it's kind of missing the point. 

I've not noticed that many NSV's other than my skin looks clearer and I definitely thinned out in the face. As far as energy I'm not feeling it! I think I am not sleeping the best due to pregnancy, and I get up early because it's my "me time" without noise in the house. 

Crystal Ann & Amy, I am happy to hear you both have survived the New Year and are sticking to the program!!!  I just posted my results in the "Success Stories". 

Crystal Ann, I hear you on wanting to enjoy sauces and rice at a sushi restaurant and being able to order from a menu without asking a million questions.  The best part of being done is just being able to order whatever looks the most Whole30 compliant without asking any questions & not worrying about sauces. :)  I too have a bit of a cold but it is probably the mildest cold I have ever had.  All my in-laws had a cold while we were in Ohio and I caught it. 

Amy, you are creating another human being!  Of course you are tired.  I slept so much during both of my pregnancies and the last month was hardest to sleep well.  Enjoy your alone time in the morning!!! 

Archived