Prepping things ahead of time

Aberrantatavia

I cook 10 pounds of ground beef, or any other meat, by cooking in a large stock pot on the stove. Add a bit of water to it and it cooks/steams faster than you would think. I especially do this in the summer when I don't want to spend any time in the kitchen!

Thanks, Melissa!

I do meatloaves and meatballs in advance and freeze. I used to do them cooked and this past time did the raw, will see how that turns out.

I also love shepards pie (from Well Fed) without the topping. I cook bottom layer as directed, divide into two serving pyrex dishes and then freeze the whole thing. Then, when ready, I top with mashed sweet potatoes or mashe cauliflower and then bake. Yum.

Also, meat sauce and chili freeze really well and I even think they taste better. I also make large batches of soups and freeze in pint size glass ball jars as well as just broth.

I also do roasted chicken pieces and freeze, then just heat up the amount I need in the toaster oven (we don't use the microwave).

I have done stir frys but the veg turns out mushy. Would love to solve that problem!

On Sunday I made two pots of chili. I now have twenty 16 ounce containers in my freezer. My husband can just grab and go for lunch. I do this every two weeks plus I usually make at least one pot of chili for dinner for us during that time. I make a lot of soups in huge quantities and freeze. Makes my life simpler.. I wish I had two stoves. >_<

Yup, I was thinking Whole30 compliant. My daughter eats ketchup likes it's the only thing keeping her alive. I try to fight it, but then remind myself that she's only seven and if I make it myself who cares if she puts it on everything?

Especially considering she'll actually eat almost anything as long as it has ketchup on it.

Hi TIna, would you mind sharing your ketchup recipe? Would love to make some.

Michelle

I froze the cauliflower rice raw and it was ok thrown into a skillet. Not awesome, but good enough for me that wants to prep things ahead:)

I rice mine ahead of time and just store in the fridge for a week. Sometimes I even "pre-cook" it by letting it sit in boiled water for a few minutes. I've never had it go off in the fridge.

Hi TIna, would you mind sharing your ketchup recipe? Would love to make some.

Michelle

I have made the "Caveman Ketchup" recipe out of "Paleo Comfort Foods" by Julie and Charles Mayfield.

I actually bought the ingredients to make some the other day, but then my husband informed me that he did't like it last time and could I just buy him some ketchup?

Grr. So, I have yet to make anymore ketchup, but I will soon. I think I might start mixing it into the store bought and just keep the bottle full- That's the mean thought running through my head. If I did do this, I would tell him first.

Archived