SweatyBetty Log - 2018 - Year of SweatyBetty - I Need This

SweatyBetty

Today, I decided that 2018 will be the year of better.  Be a better friend.  Be a better employee.  Be a better human on this planet.  So in order for me to be a better all-around SweatyBetty, I need to start with me.  In addition to starting a Whole30 on January 1, I will create a new balance with meditation, journaling, yoga and fitness.   Let's start with a little background:

I did my first W30 two years ago after seeing my cousin's success with the program.  She's a little spitfire so I knew it was a good avenue to explore for myself.   I learned alot about myself during those 30 days.  Some of it good, some of it not good.   I want to do better this time.

Right now, I turn to food when I'm bored.  I turn to food when I'm stressed.  I turn to food as an excuse for almost everything.  In turning to food as an escape, I have developed a loud inner voice that can be unkind at times about body image.  My outer self covers up her issues using humour and keeping people at an arms length.   

So feel free to follow along with me.  If not, no harm no foul.   I will post often with updates, questions, vents and anything else that may cross my mind at the time.   I will be spending the next 2 weeks researching, planning and preparing for the first 30 wonderful days of 2018.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today is the last official day of 2017.  It's time to reflect on days gone by and days to come.  I'm having one last kick at the can tonight with crap foods...don't care...and tomorrow will be a planning and prep day.  

My goals for 2017 are as follows (in no particular order):

• Keep a journal with thoughts, expressions, ideas, gratitudes
  • Daily meditation - the Calm app will be my go to choice in the beginning
  • Gym 3x a week - mix of Pulse and Pump classes
  • Yoga 2 - 3x a week - increase flexibility
  • #JanuaryWhole30 - let's do this right - one step at a time - one meal at a time - will incorporate my journal into this

See you in 2018!

Archived