Starting first Whole 30 January 1!

April Smith

Hi everyone! I'm starting my second Whole30 on January 1st! I'm excited to see so many people joining in.

I'm seeing some uncertainty in a few of your posts, so I want to give this bit of encouragement:

I know you can all finish the 30 days!! The biggest motivator for me was mentally committing to succeed. I love this paragraph from the Whole30 Fast & Easy book: "Don't even consider the possibility of a 'slip'... Commit to the program 100 percent for the full 30 days. Don't give yourself an excuse to fail before you've even started" (Hartwig, page xi).

You can and WILL succeed! Will you be faced with a delicious, off-plan food that you really don't want to turn down? Yes. Will you spend a seemingly endless amount of time in the kitchen? Yes. Will you get through it anyway because you're a strong, amazing man/woman? HELL YES.

The more you acknowledge and mentally prepare for the temptations ahead, the easier they are to conquer. YOU. CAN. DO. THIS.

Good luck to all of you (but you don't need it because you're awesome and don't need luck to make healthy choices)! Let me know if you find yourself in need of a pep-talk at any point!

I'll be starting another round January 1st as well. Last year, I had 2 friends join me and we meal prepped together. It was so fun and really helped to have other on-board.  This year, I'm actually teaching 4 Whole30 cooking classes at my local Whole Foods. I'm excited to share recipes and tips about Whole 30 with anyone who is interested in listening.  I do a lot of meal prepping because of my work schedule. I don't like to spend a lot of time cooking after a long day.  I also try to have "emergency meals" ready in my freezer. That could be single servings of meatballs, burgers, sausages, or different casseroles that I have made extra portions of.  I am excited to see so many people joining for the first time!  I would suggest taking some time to write down "why" you want to do the Whole30.  This gives you something to look back at when you are struggling.

Good luck!

Kimberly

27 minutes ago, April Smith said:

Hi! How is everyone doing at the end of day 4? I'm so glad I bought Whole30 Day by Day because it described exactly how I felt today, Kill All The Things! I thought I was crazy until I read that it was pretty normal. 

I was fine until 2pm and noticed my first yawn of the day. I remember thinking, wow! I haven't yawned all day. Then I yawned again. Two and a half hours later, and I think I've jumped ahead to the "I just want a nap" stage :unsure:

Archived