Newbie Starting January 1, 2018

debbie_70

Hi there! My name is Debbie and I will be doing my very first Whole30 January 1, 2018. I've followed Melissa Hartwig and the Whole30 Facebook page for a long time but feel I'm finally ready to do my first round and conquer bad eating habits for life! A little bit about me...I'm 47 and married with two grown children and 2 grandchildren! I live in a tiny town in IllinoisWe don't even have a stoplight or gas station, and it is a 30-minute drive to Walmart lol. We've lived here over 10 years and I will never get used to that. I love to read and cook, although I am definitely no chef. I love coffee so super excited we can gave that, even though I'll have to drink it black. I'm fine with that! 

My biggest thing to overcome is SUGAR. I read It Starts With Food (awesome book) and I was shocked at how much sugar is in food. That will be my hardest obstacle during the 30 days. But I feel like crap all the time and I'm ready to feel good and be more active! I look forward to getting to know all of you in here as well as SUPPORT! I need all the encouragement  I can get lol! 

On 12/21/2017 at 8:47 AM, debbie_70 said:

We don't even have a stoplight or gas station, and it is a 30-minute drive to Walmart lol.

Hehehe where I'm at this winter is a small town in Wyoming that is similar.  No stop lights in the entire county, but we are on the interstate so there are gas stations.  Walmart and Safeway are a half hour away, but there is a little grocery store in town.

Actually, I'll be doing another Whole30 in January as well, not starting 'til the 7th, but it's going to have a theme of small town/rural-type things, so I think you might be able to identify with some of them. 

That's cool you've been around this stuff for a bit already -- glad you've decided to make it official and participate!

1 hour ago, kirkor said:

Hehehe where I'm at this winter is a small town in Wyoming that is similar.  No stop lights in the entire county, but we are on the interstate so there are gas stations.  Walmart and Safeway are a half hour away, but there is a little grocery store in town.

Actually, I'll be doing another Whole30 in January as well, not starting 'til the 7th, but it's going to have a theme of small town/rural-type things, so I think you might be able to identify with some of them. 

That's cool you've been around this stuff for a bit already -- glad you've decided to make it official and participate!

Oh wow, your town is similar! We also have a little grocery store, and of course, a bar lol. But we're not even close to an interstate or state highway lol. Just county highways. 

I like the idea of your theme for the Whole30 in January! It's kind of hard finding compliant food in small areas. 

Thank you! I really need to do this so I feel better!

Archived